Friend vs Good Friend

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
papaboo951

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by papaboo951 »

(Taken from a post bye felicia/a friend)

How long does a person have to be a friend before you introduce them as "your good friend?"

Does it matter the length of time that you'd known them?

Or is it based on the quality of the friendship?

sunny104

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by sunny104 »

I'd say it's quality....:-6
CheshireCat

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by CheshireCat »

It is absolutely quality. You can know someone for years and not really "gel" with them, but when there is chemistry, that's immediate, and the GOOD friendships grow out of that chemistry.

That's waht I believe anyway.
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
Marie5656

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by Marie5656 »

I go for quality. There are people in my life who I have known for many years, but are for now, and will always be just friends..for whatever reason.

I think it takes a special kind of relationship to be considered good friends.

A good friend is someone who knows many, if not all your faults, and likes you anyway.:-4
Marie5656

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by Marie5656 »

tmbsgrl wrote: I agree.. . Some of the people that I consider Good friends are in here on FG.. I never met them in the flesh but that connection is there.. :-4

I was thinking that same thing, but then I wondered if the friendship would be the same in real life..with alot more personal "flaws" showing. Unfortunatly (Or fortunatly) we can hide some of our true selves while in an internet community. Not saying you all would meet me and find a serial killer or something, :wah: but do you think we represent ourselves differently to someone we know we may never meet? It is something I have thought about often.(
white_rose

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by white_rose »

I used to have many friends, perhaps still do.

A good friend to me, whether I known them for 20 years or two days, is someone who knows everything about me and is still around to gab, laugh and cry if need be.

Quality would get my vote as time dosen't prove anything.:D
sunny104

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by sunny104 »

Marie5656 wrote: I was thinking that same thing, but then I wondered if the friendship would be the same in real life..with alot more personal "flaws" showing. Unfortunatly (Or fortunatly) we can hid some of our true selves while in an internet community. Not saing you all would meet me and find a serial killer or something, :wah: but do you think we represent ourselves differently to someone we know we may never meet? It is something I have thought about often.(
I think people do represent themselves differently online but I don't think we get a lot of that here especially with the regular group of us that are "together" daily.

Between the get togethers in England and San Antonio we all found that the people we met actually exceeded our expectations and yet were exactly as you would imagine they would be in real life.

I would imagine it would be that way with all of you! :-4

well, maybe except for Marie The Serial Killer...:-3 :wah:
minks

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by minks »

[QUOTE=sunny104]I think people do represent themselves differently online but I don't think we get a lot of that here especially with the regular group of us that are "together" daily.

Between the get togethers in England and San Antonio we all found that the people we met actually exceeded our expectations and yet were exactly as you would imagine they would be in real life.

Aww Sunny ya know that is brilliant :) Yes quality time is a good base for Good Friends. I spose it will just "feel right" when a friend slips into "good friend" status.

And you bet everyone I met over in England were just as I expected and better. Truly an awesome bunch and I am sure anyone else I meet along the way from FG will be right up there with that bunch :D
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by minks »

Pinky wrote: Definately quality. I consider some of my online friends 'good friends' because I can talk to them about absolutely anything...BR is one of those.

Nice how we can do that over the net huh. Just think soon you will add 2 more good friends to your list, those great Galls from the southwest :)

― Mae West
minks

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by minks »

Pinky wrote: Yup, too right!!! In fact, I don't know why they're not on my list already!

ahhh you are going to love em :)

― Mae West
minks

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by minks »

Pinky wrote: I know..I already think they're fab!

I bet you guys just have a riot. How far from you are they? You are driving yes?

― Mae West
minks

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by minks »

Pinky wrote: Yeah, they're about 6 hours away on a good run.

awww lovely that sounds like quite the adventure, you know I flew 8 hours to see them wow eh 6 by land for you 8 by air for me that is funny to think about huh.

― Mae West
Galbally

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by Galbally »

Once I know them warts and all, and still like them, and visa versa, that usually takes a long time, though if people go through difficult times together they an bond very quickly.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
jbbarker1947

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by jbbarker1947 »

A friend will help you hide. A really good friend will help you hide a body.
Marie5656

Friend vs Good Friend

Post by Marie5656 »

A friend will come and bail you out of jail. A goodfriend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying "Dam, wasn't that fun?

Return to “General Chit Chat”