My daughter..

chonsigirl

My daughter..

Post by chonsigirl »

:-4 Teachers appreciate good Moms like you, tmbsgrl!
Rapunzel

My daughter..

Post by Rapunzel »

tmbsgrl wrote: So everytime she gets off the bus I ask her how her day was and what she learned.. She tells me every single day that her day was great & that she learned about the color Red or yellow or shapes.. something.. The question I (and the teacher) always get is " Why do they (you) teach me things I already know.. She is way advanced and can count to 30-she knows her Abc's-all her shapes & she can add & subtract a little bit. This is only her second week of school and she is acing it.. Today I got a call from her teacher telling me what a wonderful daughter I have raised & how smart she is & then she told me that I did a wonderful job teaching her.. It was nice to hear.. I'll admit it.. I think it is so funny that she comes home telling me that she learned something she already knew.. lol she makes me laugh! Thought I would just share this with you. :-4

I think this is the greatest thing about kids! Listening to them laugh and when they make us laugh! They can also teach us a thing or two, even from a very young age! :wah:

Kids are great and our own kids are always just brilliant fun!

Your daughter sounds gorgeous Tmbsgrl! Enjoy it all - they grow up waaaaay too fast!

Big hugs to both of you! :yh_hugs :yh_hugs
Sheryl

My daughter..

Post by Sheryl »

That's wonderful Tmbs. I'm sure after Zakk starts I"ll get calls from the school too. But I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the principal's office. :rolleyes:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
LilacDragon

My daughter..

Post by LilacDragon »

Just wait. In second or third grade when you ask her what she learned she will tell you - "I don't remember." LOL!!
Sandi

cars

My daughter..

Post by cars »

Enjoy your daughter Susie, she will/is growing up sooooo fast! Just hold on tight to your little girl & keep her "little" as long as possible! 5 yrs old, blink twice & she's 8, blink again & she's 12! And then. . . . . . . 20 & beyond! It doesn't seem like it's going that fast, when you're going through it, day by day. But think back to when she was 2, & and how fast she went to 5! It just happens, time really does fly bye!:) (Congratulations on doing a superb job raising your little angel)
Cars :)
LilacDragon

My daughter..

Post by LilacDragon »

tmbsgrl wrote: Honestly I am planning on keeping her ahead.. I am already doing addition/subtraction and Multiplication with her.. & she is great at spelling. :D

Be careful getting her too far ahead of her class unless you (and she) have access to advanced classes at a young age. Being too far ahead in some areas can lead to boredom and "giving up".
Sandi

Felinessa

My daughter..

Post by Felinessa »

Man, I would start looking for Gifted programs if I were you. It seems silly to me how slow schools are and how they don't challenge children. If she's picking things up so fast, I think she should be in an environment that keeps challenging her. And while Lily is right about the dangers of becoming bored with a too-slow moving school, I think it would be a pity to hold her back in any way.
The power of MEOW
Uncle Kram

My daughter..

Post by Uncle Kram »

My son knew the alphabet at 26 months and could read very well by 3. The school told me that although it was well-intentioned, I did him no favours by teaching him because he was so far ahead of the rest of his class he was bored as they couldn't cater for his level.

I decided with my daughter to leave it a little later, but she learned at such a speed that she was at the same level by 3 too. I can see both sides I suppose, but on balance I would say teaching your kids can't be such a bad thing.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Lulu2

My daughter..

Post by Lulu2 »

You've got a challenge, there, having a bright little girl and wanting her to get the best possible education. I'm sure you can supplement what the teacher's doing and have fun in the process.

I raised a gifted daughter and felt horribly guilty because I couldn't afford anything other than public education. There are a lot of resources available for you. Something I always found useful was COOKING together....there's math and a little chemistry and vocabulary and reasoning and nuturtion and....well, FUN!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
cherandbuster

My daughter..

Post by cherandbuster »

Lulu2 wrote: nuturtion and....well, FUN!

Lulu2

That word could be a combination of 'nurturing' and 'nutrition'

I like it :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Lulu2

My daughter..

Post by Lulu2 »

:-4 You're SUCH a good person, Cher! Truth is, once again I'm typing while not wearing my glasses. :o :o :o
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Return to “Kids Family”