Iraqi Prisoners

Political photo parodies, jokes, and more!
Tombstone

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by Tombstone »

If hooking up a car battery to the scrotum of an Iraqi prisoner saves only one American life then I only have 2 things to say.....

RED IS POSITIVE.

BLACK IS NEGATIVE.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
illuminati

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by illuminati »

Are you from Texas? :D
xlt66

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by xlt66 »

illuminati wrote: Are you from Texas? :D

Don't Mess With Texas!
Serenity

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by Serenity »

Right the **** on! That's what i'm talking about. :D
Action Cures Fear. ;)

"Hi. Nice to meet you...I'm "Mr. Everything's a conspiracy theory". "
jahamaa

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by jahamaa »

Tombstone wrote: If hooking up a car battery to the scrotum of an Iraqi prisoner saves only one American life then I only have 2 things to say.....

RED IS POSITIVE.

BLACK IS NEGATIVE.

I don't understand, mine are both the same color. Is this not a world wide phenomena?
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
BabyRider

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by BabyRider »

plazul wrote: Some people say there's a moral difference between torturing innocent civilians and torturing murderous terrorists but their screams for mercy sound the same. Torture is a hideous business that dehumanizes both the torturer and the tortured.This is an old thread, but the two words I have for you still apply:

GO. ENLIST.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

capt_buzzard

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yeah Go on.:-2
greydeadhead

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by greydeadhead »

Hey.. I agree that torture is wrong.. but as I stated in aprevious thread. The Iraqi prisoners may have been subjected to humilating experiences.. but their head is still attached to thier shoulders. Please don't begin to insult my intelligence either by saying two wrongs don't equal a right. The "tortures" experienced by the prisoners were far less severe than those experienced by the civilians and aid workers kidnapped, tortured and executed (murdered actually) by the terrorist groups operating within Iraq. I find it extremely hypocritical that the prisoners are awarded the rights and priviledges accorded them under the Geneva Conventions.. yet no one has said one single word about the murders of civilian or humanitarian workers in Iraq..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
kensloft

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by kensloft »

Being a Canadian means that I don't have to comment on this horrid detail of war.

However, if hoofin' someone means that I am going to save a friend's life then I is a dancing fool. Yes, people are over there to stop this kind of behaviour but I don't see why the insurgents should feel like they are going to get away with anything. The I didn't do it" attitude doesn't wash. The only reason why they aren't doing it to innocent civilians is because they are in custody. If they weren't you know that they would if they could. Gives them some kind of macho rush. Sick phuques!
gmc

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by gmc »

posted bt greydeadhead

Hey.. I agree that torture is wrong.. but as I stated in aprevious thread. The Iraqi prisoners may have been subjected to humilating experiences.. but their head is still attached to thier shoulders. Please don't begin to insult my intelligence either by saying two wrongs don't equal a right. The "tortures" experienced by the prisoners were far less severe than those experienced by the civilians and aid workers kidnapped, tortured and executed (murdered actually) by the terrorist groups operating within Iraq. I find it extremely hypocritical that the prisoners are awarded the rights and priviledges accorded them under the Geneva Conventions.. yet no one has said one single word about the murders of civilian or humanitarian workers in Iraq..

Of course the murders of innocent civilians is condemned. I'm puzzled as to why you think it wasn't. What is shocking is that troops from a supposedly civilised society are just as capable of atrocities as anyone else. That the torture used on Iraqui prisoners is less extreme than the terrorists is irrelevant. If you fight terror with terror then you are just as bad as your enemy. Apart from that is doesn't work all you do is give them justification for what they do by showing you are no better. You can't claim the moral high ground unless you actually stay on it and practice what you preach.

I find it extremely hypocritical that the prisoners are awarded the rights and priviledges accorded them under the Geneva Conventions.. yet no one has said one single word about the murders of civilian or humanitarian workers in Iraq..

It was your president that decided they were not covered by Geneva conventions

Even your own military don't like that one.

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?sec ... icle=26767
greydeadhead

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by greydeadhead »

Hey GMC... Goober..

Well.. first of all the link you give is in reference to the confirmation of Alberto Gonzalez, a scummy lawyer who has mastered the wonderful world of double speak. An art form that politicians and lawyers specialize in.. If you have been following the newspapers on this side of the pond you will find that many of the edicts used to hold prisoners without allowing them their rights under the Geneva convention have been over turned in the court system.

Additionally ... one of the freaks the was a ringleader has been convicted and sent to the brig, and his cohorts are awaiting trial. Unfortunately the higher ups that turned a blind eye to these outrageous and illegal activities are too well insulated to be prosecuted. But.. regardless of that, can you say the same about the terroists that tortured and murdered the civilians and aid workers in Iraq. I have not seen any of them put on trial to date. Yes, these atrocities have been well covered byt he media here, but that is not the media I was referring too.. the international community, specifically the Iraqi media has been more than vocal about the violations at Abu Gahbib but silent concerning the torture and murder perpertrated by the terrorists.. well pretty much most of the Islamic community has been..

And as I stated before.. don't use the two wrongs argrument here.. we are comparing apples and oranges..

Great debate though.....
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
kensloft

Iraqi Prisoners

Post by kensloft »

Goober wrote: Right. I can see I’m going to have fun here, here goes..

Firstly, it doesn’t matter how severe the torture is it’s still torture, this isn’t a competition. I severely doubt that torturing prisoners has saved one single allied soldiers life, in fact you could make a very good case for it putting them in more danger.

Iraq is a diverse country the same as the US or the UK there is a wide range of people living there all with different views on the war and the occupation, ranging from the terrorist insurgents (or freedom fighters depending on your view point. And just to clarify I DON’T consider them freedom fighters but I acknowledge that some do) through to liberals and people who work for the red crescent and give up their lives to fight for democracy in their country. As in any other country there are waverers who could go either way and torturing prisoners could sway some away from the “They are here to help us” camp towards picking up arms and fighting.

We (and by this I mean US and the UK) are bound by the Geneva convention, we agreed on basic rights and codes of practice, if we break these we are guilty of hypocrisy and we lose the moral high ground which is all we have left as justification for the war as no WOMD were found (Big shock). Saddam was undoubtedly an evil man and a lot of atrocities were committed in his name and still go on. We rightly condemn these, but we look bad when we are guilty too.

As for no one saying a single word about the murders of civilian or humanitarian workers in Iraq, Pick up a paper, turn on a TV don’t know about the US but there has been unending coverage of this in the UK, how could you have missed it?

Well said! Very true! But when you are in the heat of battle and it's their life or yours, you can forget your training, humanity and everything else that you know and believe in on the high ground because it is life and death. This is not Hollywood. You don't get to come back and do a re-shoot.

That it is done at all is wrong but there are mitigating circumstances... a guy alone with a prisoner that decides that the guy does know something and if he doesn't find out then your family members are going to die. You're right but look at the whole picture and not the pieces. They should be happy that they are at the mercy of the inept Americans and not their fellow countrymen.

Return to “Political Humor Satire”