Idaho Hot!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Tombstone

Idaho Hot!

Post by Tombstone »

I took this photo with my cell phone camera yesterday. I'm very much aware that most of the U.S. is under a heat wave this weekend - but holy smokes! - We live in Northern Idaho - way up at the 49th parallel!

This may not be impressive for our Arizona folks, but in Coeur d' Alene, ID, this is hot!

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Attached files
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Nomad

Idaho Hot!

Post by Nomad »

We had our 100 deg days last weekend. Last few days havent been too bad. High 80's I think.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Idaho Hot!

Post by CARLA »

It was over 100 and topped at 117 yestarday midday in San Diego, and the humidty was 80% awful we never have this kinda heat .... :-6 :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Tombstone

Idaho Hot!

Post by Tombstone »

CARLA wrote: It was over 100 and topped at 117 yestarday midday in San Diego, and the humidty was 80% awful we never have this kinda heat .... :-6 :-6

117? Wow! I hope you had air-conditioning!
Tombstone

Idaho Hot!

Post by Tombstone »

toasty! and...good morning! just about time for me to hit the sack here.
Bez

Idaho Hot!

Post by Bez »

It's been unusually hot here in the UK....last week was the hottest on record. Forecast is hot again this week reaching 91degrees on Wdenesday....thunderstorms forecast Wed and Thurs.

We really need rain....and lots of it...:-6
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Idaho Hot!

Post by Bez »

onsekiz wrote: good night :)

And goodnight from me :)
abbey

Idaho Hot!

Post by abbey »

Bloody hot! :-6

BTW Tombstone, how do you download pics off your phone, i did'nt know you could do that?
Bez

Idaho Hot!

Post by Bez »

onsekiz wrote: good morning for you :D

8.15am here....Not so sure it's a GOOD morning...I'm back to work after a weeks holiday. Never mind ....got to earn those pennys somehow.

What time is it in Turkey ?
Bez

Idaho Hot!

Post by Bez »

onsekiz wrote: 10:18 AM here. A very hot morning reaching noon.

Do you get a lot of tourists in your 'neck of the woods' ?
charity2k4

Idaho Hot!

Post by charity2k4 »

:-6 :-6 :-6 on Thursday it hit 100 highest temp ever in my county in the u.k, hotter than parts of Africa, it was so bad, the roads were melting, we had a couple of hours of rain on friday, , its cooled a little but its still very warm, the temperature is slowly rising again
BabyRider

Idaho Hot!

Post by BabyRider »

Tombstone wrote: I took this photo with my cell phone camera yesterday. I'm very much aware that most of the U.S. is under a heat wave this weekend - but holy smokes! - We live in Northern Idaho - way up at the 49th parallel!

This may not be impressive for our Arizona folks, but in Coeur d' Alene, ID, this is hot!

We had our "stifiling hot" last week, and are into the "mildly unconfortable hot" now. 98, 99 degrees F last week, down to the high 80's low 90's this week. I love the heat, myself, except when I'm stopped at a red light on the bike!! Damn thing is air-cooled, and the heat just BILLOWS from it when I'm at a full stop. :yh_sweat :yh_sweat
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

annabelle

Idaho Hot!

Post by annabelle »

It's HOT HOT HOT! .... Anything above 85 degs and I melt .... :-6 :D

Too hot and stickey .... even for "THAT" .... :wah: :wah:
Bez

Idaho Hot!

Post by Bez »

onsekiz wrote: I live in Adana.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adana

There are tourists here too, but not many. They prefer Istanbul, historical places, and beach resorst. Esp. beach resorts are full of tourists.

You can read more about tourism in Turkey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Turkey

Have you ever visited Turkey? Or planning? You should visit, it's great place for tourists. Many of them choose permanently living in Turkey after seeing it.

Checked your links....the country , customs and history look fascinating.

Sadly I have never been further than France, but maybe one day ay ?

P.S. Just noticed that we share the same fave. film....The Shawshank Redemtion.
annabelle

Idaho Hot!

Post by annabelle »

Onsekiz ... I looked at the link you posted .... Turkey is a very beautiful country. The only part I know really well is Akcay and Edremit area, although I've travelled across it.

It's just a shame the men don't treat foreign females with more respect instead of sex objects! NOT all Turkish men are like that , but from my experiences, most of them were. I don't appreciate being touched and having my hair stroked by complete strangers!..:mad:
Bez

Idaho Hot!

Post by Bez »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/07/23/h ... index.html

You guys in the US are really getting the hot weather !
cherandbuster

Idaho Hot!

Post by cherandbuster »

onsekiz wrote: Greatest movie i've ever seen i think. It's like a Nobel winning novel. A great story of freedom and revenge.

Add me to the list of "Shawshank" admirers. It's in my profile as well! :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

CARLA

Idaho Hot!

Post by CARLA »

Abbey you email them to yourself from your phone sweetie..

[QUOTE]Bloody hot!

BTW Tombstone, how do you download pics off your phone, i did'nt know you could do that?

Just got up it is already 86 degrees outside and humid but back to work and the Air Conditioning.. :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Sheryl

Idaho Hot!

Post by Sheryl »

It's been anywhere from 100 to 105 in our area. We have the dry heat so it's not as bad as those with all the humidity.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
cherandbuster

Idaho Hot!

Post by cherandbuster »

onsekiz wrote: You've recommended a movie similar with Shawshank ,somewhere in the forum. What was the name? I can't remember :thinking:

As I recall, I was mentioning movies that were based on Stephen King short stories. The one I recalled was "Stand by Me".

I think the only similarity between the two is the author involved.
Live Life with

PASSION

cherandbuster

Idaho Hot!

Post by cherandbuster »

onsekiz wrote: I found it

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... post336845

It was "Murder In The First"

Thank you! :-6

"Murder in the First" is an exceptionally good but vastly underrated movie. I don't know many folks who have seen it. Kevin Bacon is astounding in the lead role.

If any of you guys have seen it, please let me (and Onsekiz :) ) know what you thought of it.
Live Life with

PASSION

cherandbuster

Idaho Hot!

Post by cherandbuster »

onsekiz wrote: But... lol

They weren't similar ,

the only similarity is two of them are on your profile page

Good point my friend :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Nomad

Idaho Hot!

Post by Nomad »

oneskiz I was watching a documentary on Mt Ararat and Noahs Ark the other day, they found shaped timber and the scientists are excited. Have you heard anything on this ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Tombstone

Idaho Hot!

Post by Tombstone »

abbey wrote: Bloody hot! :-6

Hi Abbey,

I have a Treo650 - which is Palm OS based. So..I just sync with my desktop and my photos are there. I'm not sure what the procedure is with regular phones.
Tombstone

Idaho Hot!

Post by Tombstone »

It's 10:37 a.m. and we've cooled down! 84 degrees so far. :yh_coffee
minks

Idaho Hot!

Post by minks »

Tombstone wrote: I took this photo with my cell phone camera yesterday. I'm very much aware that most of the U.S. is under a heat wave this weekend - but holy smokes! - We live in Northern Idaho - way up at the 49th parallel!

96F here this past weekend, killer hot for being on the norther side of the 49th parallel so I can share your sentiments.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
spot

Idaho Hot!

Post by spot »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I dont know if this is the normal procedure Big T but I e-mail a photo to myself from my phone and then organise it from thereThe Treo650 resembles the average cellphone in much the way that the Titanic resembled the Mayflower. Same ocean, different ballpark.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Tombstone

Idaho Hot!

Post by Tombstone »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I dont know if this is the normal procedure Big T but I e-mail a photo to myself from my phone and then organise it from there

That sounds right. Here in the States, the mobile phone companies want you to do that because on most plans, they can hit you up for 25 to 50 cents per photo emailed! (That is, of course, you don't have their unlimited "media" plan for another 10 to 35 bucks per month.)
spot

Idaho Hot!

Post by spot »

onsekiz wrote: You can use a data cable, bluetooth connection, infrared connection, e-mail function etc.Damn techies... why would anyone want a cellphone in the first place? Wretched intrusive nonsense they are too. The day I give in and get one is the day I'd lose my choice of where to spend my evenings, the damned thing would be going off every hour inviting me elsewhere.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Tombstone

Idaho Hot!

Post by Tombstone »

onsekiz wrote: You can use a data cable, bluetooth connection, infrared connection, e-mail function etc.

Alas! Providers like Verizon have been doing their best at disabling these features on their phones so you *have to send through their network. Good ol' crappy U.S. cellular phone providers! Things may have changed - but this is why I changed over to the Treo.
Tombstone

Idaho Hot!

Post by Tombstone »

spot wrote: Damn techies... why would anyone want a cellphone in the first place? Wretched intrusive nonsense they are too. The day I give in and get one is the day I'd lose my choice of where to spend my evenings, the damned thing would be going off every hour inviting me elsewhere.

Let me introduce you to my electronic leash.
chonsigirl

Idaho Hot!

Post by chonsigirl »

spot wrote: Damn techies... why would anyone want a cellphone in the first place? Wretched intrusive nonsense they are too. The day I give in and get one is the day I'd lose my choice of where to spend my evenings, the damned thing would be going off every hour inviting me elsewhere.
Well, cell phones can be a nuisance. For me, it is a good thing, so the nurse can call me at work if it is an emergency. It doesn't happen very often anymore. Otherwise, I program the phone to only let her or the kids ring, everyone else can leave me a voice mail.

Return to “General Chit Chat”