Beer ad prompts resort to be evacuated!!

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Gotta love this one:

PLYMOUTH, Indiana (AP) -- The beer ad attracted attention -- but not in the way Pabst Blue Ribbon had intended.

A bartender called police because he thought a blinking red light was a bomb, resulting in the evacuation of 35 people from a resort hotel.

Guests were allowed back in their rooms less than an hour later, after a sheriff's officer determined the light was part of a Pabst Blue Ribbon ad. The ad was suction-cupped to the window of the Sam Snead restaurant in Swan Lake Resort.

The bartender called authorities about the suspicious flashing light at 12:30 a.m. Monday, and guests were evacuated about six minutes later, said Doug Leedke, general manager of the resort in Plymouth, 25 miles south of South Bend.

The false alarm is a sign of the times, Leedke said.

"Our employee saw something unusual and reported it," he said.

Copyright 2006 The Associated

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I was at a hotel once. Layed down in bed, looked up and there was this red blinking light. I thought what the hell is that. Got outta bed turned on the light. Smoke alarm. Okay there might have been some adult beverages involved.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

YZGI wrote: I was at a hotel once. Layed down in bed, looked up and there was this red blinking light. I thought what the hell is that. Got outta bed turned on the light. Smoke alarm. Okay there might have been some adult beverages involved.

Been there, done that!:thinking:
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I hope they at least gave the cops a beer for their quick response!:)
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

Blown up by Pabst. In more ways than one!

HBIC
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Sam Adams did it!
Okie

Post by Okie »

YZGI wrote: I was at a hotel once. Layed down in bed, looked up and there was this red blinking light. I thought what the hell is that. Got outta bed turned on the light. Smoke alarm. Okay there might have been some adult beverages involved.
I once stayed the night at a hotel and they had a cheap continental breakfast there. I made toast and in so doing I set off the smoke alarm. I saw a few people stick their heads out into the hall but no one left.
woppy71

Post by woppy71 »

I have many drunkie stories i could tell you, but it would cost you!!:wah:
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”