Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
CVX

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by CVX »

Shadow wrote: Hi everyone! I'm new to any kind of online forum, so please bear with me my ignorance. I'm from the west coast of Canada, so sitting here in the rain, it is my hope that the Forum Garden will help me retain my sanity. It's either that or I run outside and start squishing squirrels!!

Hi Shadow. Welcome to ForumGarden. This is a good place to be if you need to maintain some kind of sanity!
Peg

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by Peg »

LOL@squirrel squishing. Welcome to the garden Shadow :D
abbey

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by abbey »

Hi Shadow, stay at your computer & NO squirrel squishing PERLEASE..

I'm pretty new to the forum too and have to admit i still find it a little hard adjusting to the time difference as i'm in the uk.

Hope you enjoy your time in the garden & may all your visits be fruitful x
illuminati

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by illuminati »

Shadow wrote: Hi everyone! I'm new to any kind of online forum, so please bear with me my ignorance. I'm from the west coast of Canada, so sitting here in the rain, it is my hope that the Forum Garden will help me retain my sanity. It's either that or I run outside and start squishing squirrels!!

Hello Shadow,

How far north or south do you live on the Canadian coast? Vancouver? Prince Rupert?
greydeadhead

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by greydeadhead »

Welcome Shadow..

Squirrel Squishing.. hmmm.. is that a regional sport or something..?? Anyway.. yes you can maintain your sanity here I think. Atleast that is what I have been told. Be well and have a great day...
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
gmc

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by gmc »

I like squirrels, so do my cats

2) From what I've seen, Canadians are among our finest members

3) I'm not from Canada

4) Why am I numbering these?

5) What is "sanity" ?

1) I like squirrels

2) So does my dog and if he ever manages to catch one he will be more surprised than the squirrel.

3) There is no sanity claus he's a made up story to amuse kids.

4) it rains here as well but we put roofs on our houses to keep us dry and go inside. :cool:
Paula

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by Paula »

Make sure you use protection, it can get a bit dirty here. :cool:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
beautyful

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by beautyful »

I'm new too, thought it would be a good idea to join something like this where I can express myself and have a say, something that rarely happens in the real world! hopefully I'll soon get into the swing of things
Cass

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by Cass »

Okay everyone be gentle with the virgin. :-4
Bothwell

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by Bothwell »

Is Troop right? it must be a squad or something nasty, the little buggers keep nicking the birdfood out of my trees. My anti squirrel measures are now like an SAS assault course but they always get through.

Stupid dog just barks at them.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Cass

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by Cass »

Squrrels are very determined little animals, tricky and with acrobatic abilities they can get around most anti squirrel tactics :D

Personally I like squirrels and regularily leave food out for them, the birds can sod off.... especially those nasty bluejays. Cardinals I like though.

We are starting to get magpies now.. I don't think I ever saw them in Toronto before.. uness I am mixing them up with another bird. They have a white band on their wing.
Paula

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by Paula »

Squirrels here die as fast as they appear, Chipmunks too, dead. When they chew into your bedroom and your too old to get rid of them, well then there is a problem. These rodents also carry ticks, and mites.
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Cass

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by Cass »

Well I don't know about your local squirrels, but Canadian Squirrels have a bit of an attitude!

beautyful

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by beautyful »

lol, it is true what they say about americans (and canadians)....everything is bigger!!!! that is one funny squirrel :wah:
Der Wulf

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by Der Wulf »

:-6

The only squirrels we see here in the cactus patch are driving air conditioned cars. Been 30 years since I lived where the real ones are, still miss the clever little buggers.
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
minks

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by minks »

Hello shadow, I am new here too, enjoy the forum they can be fun, some are horrible that is why I ventured here.

I was just out your way last weekend, yes the rain was horrible and wind to, I am your neighbor to the east in Alberta and I suspect we are having nicer weather than you, mind you last sunday out in Van was nice, just a pity I was getting on a plane to leave there.

Have fun

Minks
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
capt_buzzard

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by capt_buzzard »

Shadow wrote: Hi everyone! I'm new to any kind of online forum, so please bear with me my ignorance. I'm from the west coast of Canada, so sitting here in the rain, it is my hope that the Forum Garden will help me retain my sanity. It's either that or I run outside and start squishing squirrels!! That makes me

and Auld Hooker :wah:
capt_buzzard

Hi! I'm a Forum virgin!

Post by capt_buzzard »

beautyful wrote: lol, it is true what they say about americans (and canadians)....everything is bigger!!!! that is one funny squirrel :wah: Nah. Their Wrong. The Irish are BIGGEST :guitarist

Return to “Introductions”