Western/Central New York State

A forum to discuss local issues in ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

OK, here I sit in Rochester NY, a fair sized town, and usually find myself the only one from my area on forums such as this. Well, at least I am meeting people from other parts of the country and the world.

Interesting, when I was job hunting last year (got my current job) my list of references included internet friends from Belgium and the state of Ohio. And they were both contacted too!!:rolleyes:
JayDee

Post by JayDee »

Marie5656 wrote: OK, here I sit in Rochester NY, a fair sized town, and usually find myself the only one from my area on forums such as this. Well, at least I am meeting people from other parts of the country and the world.

Interesting, when I was job hunting last year (got my current job) my list of references included internet friends from Belgem and the state of Ohio. And they were both contacted too!!:rolleyes:

Hi there. Would love to visit your home town. I'm from Southern England, and have had lovely times visiting NY.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

JayDee wrote: Hi there. Would love to visit your home town. I'm from Southern England, and have had lovely times visiting NY.

Well, if you are ever in the area again, give me a shout.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

JayDee wrote: Hi there. Would love to visit your home town. I'm from Southern England, and have had lovely times visiting NY.

Me too, JD. :) Where are ya from?? :sneaky: :D
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Marie5656 wrote: OK, here I sit in Rochester NY, a fair sized town, and usually find myself the only one from my area on forums such as this.

I'm about 100 km/60 miles from Rochester, on the other side of Lake Ontario (Belleville, Ontario).

I'll look over in your direction, give you a wave and a shout, next time I'm at Point Petre in beautiful Prince Edward County. That's spittin' distance from Rochester.

R.B.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

You know I feel the same way as you sometimes Marie, though certainly not to the extent you do I'm sure. There are times when I wonder why no-one in FG, ever happens to live near where I do, though on second thought, perhaps I can see why! :wah:
Casey Morgan

Post by Casey Morgan »

I know what you mean about usually being the only Rochestarian on any forum. I'm from Greece (Town of, not Country of). So there's two of us now. That must be some kind of record.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Marie5656 wrote: my list of references included internet friends :rolleyes:

Marie

You can use me as a reference any time

I'll tell anyone how great you are :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

cherandbuster wrote: Marie

You can use me as a reference any time

I'll tell anyone how great you are :)

OK, not a problem.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I know it's kinda the wrong lake, but one of the first songs I ever learnt at school was the Erie Canal! Albany to Buffalo... grin. And Rochester is not far. I've never been quite that high up in NYS, would love to visit one day. As for being isolated, there aren't too many FGers in the really really Deeeeeep South !!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Casey!! Welcome. Greece is a nice area. I am out to Spencerport almost every day for work.

Nice to have you here.:D
Josh

Post by Josh »

I'm from Buffalo and will be moving back to Grand Island from Japan this winter. Rochester is so close to Buffalo but I've never really visited there before. I'll definitely make it over and check out the scene there, maybe after the snow calms down a bit though ;)

Return to “New England / Mid Atlantic”