The Coming Of The Cosmic Christ

Discuss the Christian Faith.
CVX

Post by CVX »

From an anonymous concerned Internet citizen:

The above book was written in 1987 by Matthew Fox, who has been an ordained priest since 1967. He was subsequently silenced by the Vatican, and later dismissed from the Dominican order. I highly recommend this book to all.

The following is a quote from page 250, Appendix D. It is more than a little eerie in its foresight, and it is particularly apropos in view of this current regime of terror, whose members are masquerading as "the leaders of democracy" in the U.S.

"A LITANY OF DELIVERANCE"

From Patriarchy's dualism,

From Patriarchy's proneness to self-pity,

From Patriarchy's sentimentalism,

From Patriarchy's violence,

From Patriarchy's lack of imagination,

From Patriarchy's intellectual laziness,

From Patriarchy's lack of authentic curiosity,

From Patriarchy's separation of head from body,

From Patriarchy's separation of body from feelings,

From Patriarchy's preoccupation with sex,

From Patriarchy's fear of intimacy,

From Patriarchy's reptilian brain,

From Patriarchy's anthropocentrism,

From Patriarchy's cosmic loneliness,

From Patriarchy's crucifixion of Mother Earth,

From Patriarchy's envy and manipulation of children,

From Patriarchy's abuse of women,

From Patriarchy's homophobia,

From Patriarchy's righteousness,

From Patriarchy's idolatry of nationhood

and national security,

From Patriarchy's forgetfulness of beauty and art,

From Patriarchy's impotence to heal,

From Patriarchy's sado-masochism,

From Patriarchy's parental cannibalism

and devouring of its children,

From Patriarchy's lack of balance,

From Patriarchy's savaging of the earth,

From Patriarchy's quest for immortality,

From Patriarchy's ego,

From Patriarchy's waste of talent and resources,

human and earth,

From Patriarchy's human chauvinism,

From Patriarchy's compulsion to go into debt

to finance its bloated lifestyles,

From Patriarchy's matricide, spare us O Divine One.
Ted

Post by Ted »

One can certainly agree with his attacks on Patriarchy. It is indeed a problem that has faced the church for two millenia and of course began much earlier then that.

It is changing in most churches but even there not really fast enough. But it is changing. I've no idea when the RC church will move into the modern age but that is a problem they will have to wrestle with.

Shalom

Ted :-6
koan

Post by koan »

Being a woman, I'm not a big fan of patriarchy, but this sounds like a vengeful hatefest to me.

There is some "depth" to the statements but the way it goes on sounds like an intellectual exercise in "How do I hate thee, let me count the ways...."

If he wants to win support, I hope the rest of the book is more tempered in its approach.
Ted

Post by Ted »

koan :-6

There are places within the BIble where Jesus clearly supports women. However, since it is a human book written by very human, albeit inspired, beings they are reflecting the culture of the day. That we are not to take litteraly from the Bible. In fact we must be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak. Indeed, we find the truths within the Sacred Writings but that does not mean that we have to accept everything written therein.

Shalom

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Ted wrote: One can certainly agree with his attacks on Patriarchy. It is indeed a problem that has faced the church for two millenia and of course began much earlier then that.

It is changing in most churches but even there not really fast enough. But it is changing. I've no idea when the RC church will move into the modern age but that is a problem they will have to wrestle with.

Shalom

When JP11 dies. Then that Ratszinger may take over.
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

capt_buzzard wrote: When JP11 dies. Then that Ratszinger may take over.I used to think Ratzinger was the black pope. I think that if JP II passes away before the close of earth's probation, it will be a more clever political move for the RCC to find a papal successor with more charisma than Ratzinger. He reminds me of Boris Karloff. He can still pull the strings behind the curtain.
Look what the cat dragged in.
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by ted

There are places within the BIble where Jesus clearly supports women.

He didn't write the bible though did he?
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Ted wrote: One can certainly agree with his attacks on Patriarchy. It is indeed a problem that has faced the church for two millenia and of course began much earlier then that.

Shalom

Ted,

Its been said, that the next pope will be something like we have never experienced before. Reading & listening into discussions here in Ireland. Be prepared for something big to come in Rome. Opus Dei backed Political/Religious icon.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: He didn't write the bible though did he? He is the Boss of Opus Dei in Rome.

www.ratzingerfanclub.com
Ted

Post by Ted »

I guess if the RC church is to come into the 21st Cent. they will have to do much better then Ratzinger. Perhaps a second John 23. I think he caused many to get their knickers in a knot.

Shalom

Ted

Post by Ted »

It seems to me that if the RC's are serious about their church and making changes they can either vote with the wallets or their feet.

Shalom

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Ted wrote: I guess if the RC church is to come into the 21st Cent. they will have to do much better then Ratzinger. Perhaps a second John 23. I think he caused many to get their knickers in a knot.

Shalom

Ted :-6Or the Beast

Return to “Christianity”