At least it's not OUR Pub!

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
valerie

Post by valerie »

LONDON (AP) - British police responding to a call about a possible break in at a pub in northern England Monday found themselves in the middle of a ghoulish riddle.

Officers arrived at the Low Valley Arms pub near Barnsley in South Yorkshire, 250 miles north of London, after being told the alarm had been set off, but instead of finding any signs of a robbery, they were faced with a shaken landlord convinced he had encountered a ghost with half a face missing in the ladies washroom.

Though they saw no ghoul- described as a woman in flowing white gown- officers were shocked to find toilets flushing themselves, said Inspector John Bowler of South Yorkshire Police.

Pub landlord Roger Froggat, 55, and his wife Kathryn, 49, moved in a year ago and said they had seen nothing before, despite rumors of a resident specter.

"I heard the alarm go off for a second time, went into the pub and all the television screens had turned on," the pub owner said.

"I went to check the rest of the pub and standing in the women's lavatories was a woman with half her face missing. I was petrified."

Officers found no signs of forced entry and were left quite scared, Bowler added.

Since the ghost story became public, the pub has become the talk of the town, attracting everyone from mediums to a national television film crew determined to catch a glimpse of the mystery woman should she appear again. Despite their shock, the Froggats said they have no plans to leave their village pub.

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

We have a ghost in our bar. My boss believes it's her mother, since she spent so much time there. I don't know who it is, but I've seen evidence of it.

The other night I was looking for my keys to open the liquor room. I usually lay them on the counter right inside the kitchen, where I can see them from the bar. (We have some sticky-fingered employees). That particular day, I had lain my coat down on the same counter. When I went to look for my keys and couldn't find them, I flipped my coat over, and still....no keys. I asked my waitress if she'd seen them and she confirmed that the last place she'd seen them was on the counter. I went back to have another look, and there, on top of my coat, were my keys.

Now mind you, this is not some tiny set of 2 or 3 keys. There's keys to my house and car, keys to the bar, keys to both my sister's and father's house, and for some reason I still have the keys to the Oldsmobile that was stolen in January. Plus the fob for locking and unlocking the Cougar, and a couple keychains. Big, honkin' set of keys, so it's not like I could have flipped them over with my coat and not felt or heard them. But there they were, where they had not been 20 seconds earlier. Swear to God.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Wow those are some pretty freaky stories there, I'm sure I would feel really strange if either of those happened to me. I guess it just goes to show that even ghosts like to have a drink at times as well!! :p

Return to “Paranormal Science”