Leasing a Car

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Leasing a Car

Post by cars »

Leasing a Car seems like a waste of money. When the lease is over, you give them back the car and have nothing to show for the money. Although many people do it, so there must be some advantages. If you continue to lease another new car, then you are always driving a new car. But then you are also always paying high insurance rates because the car is always new and costly to repair an accident, if need be. In my state a "property tax" is levied on cars, and the "leasee" has to pay the tax even though not actually owning the car. The tax credit goes to the leasor. Does'nt seem fair, but that's how it is. Why do people lease cars? :thinking:
Cars :)
koan

Leasing a Car

Post by koan »

I worked at a dealership when I was younger and leasing was not a popular option. The salespeople never really offered it as an option and weren't keen on people who wanted to lease instead of buy. One day the sales manager had a big talk with them all and explained how the dealership makes more money from leases and gave them some incentives to sell cars on lease.

When I bought my car I asked them why anybody would lease when it is actually thousands of dollars more if you buy it out at the end of the lease. The only reason he could offer was that people like to drive new cars and would rather just trade them in for the new model all the time.

Return to “General Chit Chat”