Truth?

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
koan

Truth?

Post by koan »

No disrespect but I went to a site to learn more about Islam and they said click here to learn how "Science has proved the Truth of Islam". I clicked and...science failed them. Couldn't get to the web page. Upset because I want to know what this science is.

Why do they always say (peace be upon him) after saying the prophets name. It sounds like they think he may not be in peace unless they say it. What happens if you don't say it? Just curious.
capt_buzzard

Truth?

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: No disrespect but I went to a site to learn more about Islam and they said click here to learn how "Science has proved the Truth of Islam". I clicked and...science failed them. Couldn't get to the web page. Upset because I want to know what this science is.

Why do they always say (peace be upon him) after saying the prophets name. It sounds like they think he may not be in peace unless they say it. What happens if you don't say it? Just curious.
Try www.islamonline.com But be prepared for Anti American slogans
persephone

Truth?

Post by persephone »

koan wrote: Why do they always say (peace be upon him) after saying the prophets name. It sounds like they think he may not be in peace unless they say it. What happens if you don't say it? Just curious.Why do we say "Bless you" after someone sneezes?

The film Dogma makes something out of that too, comedy or not, the thought is there.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
friend

Truth?

Post by friend »

koan wrote: No disrespect but I went to a site to learn more about Islam and they said click here to learn how "Science has proved the Truth of Islam". I clicked and...science failed them. Couldn't get to the web page. Upset because I want to know what this science is.

Salaam

koan,yes we have many evidences about the truth of Islam .One of them is scientific evidences that transmitted by the Angel "Jebrieel" to Mohameed (PUH)from our God "Allah" ,this is before near 1400 years ago and nowadays science discover it which prove that Al Qur'aan is the words of Allah ,People can't know these information at that time .

you can visit this site

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-3.htm

Thanks to all
"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance". Holy Qur'an 16:125
koan

Truth?

Post by koan »

Thanks for the links. Not sure how exact the words of the prophet match the descriptions of the scientific data especially compared to Theosophy (where some Theosophists have meditated and described the function and existance of quarks before science had instruments finite enough to discover them) but at least now I know what the site what refering to.
capt_buzzard

Truth?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Islam is an Evil Religion and that's the Truth.
koan

Truth?

Post by koan »

capt_buzzard wrote: Islam is an Evil Religion and that's the Truth.

So sayeth the Captain. How sayeth the flock?

What an easy way out to say something is Evil like you know what Evil with a captial E is. Don't you also believe that all religion is Evil? Beyond that please expand on your definition of Truth with a capital T. Maybe you've been holding out on us, oh, Wise One.
capt_buzzard

Truth?

Post by capt_buzzard »

The Christian Church, may have had some evildoers some of the time. But Islam has a lot of evildoers :sneaky: all of the time.
friend

Truth?

Post by friend »

capt_buzzard wrote: Islam is an Evil Religion and that's the Truth.

Salaam to all

One of the many shortcomings which have arisen in the West, is judging Islaam by the conduct of a minority of its people. By doing this, segments of Western society have deliberately played off the desperate actions of many Muslims, and have given it the name of Islaam. Such behavior is clearly not objective and seeks to distort the reality of Islaam. For if such a thing was done (judge a religion by the conduct of its people) then we too could say that all Christianity is about is child molesting and homosexuality ,while Hinduism was all about looting and break up mosques .

Generalizing in such a manner is not seen as being objective, yet we find that the Western world is foremost in propagating this outlook on Islaam. So what is the reality of Islaam? How does one dispel the myths which have been created and spread so viciously? The only way to examine Islaam is to simply examine its belief system. Look at its sources, the Qur'aan and Sunnah, and see what they have to say. This is the way to find the truth about what Islaam says about terror, terrorist. One who is sincerely searching for the truth, will do it no other way.

The very name Islaam comes from the Arabic word 'salama' which means peace. Islaam is a religion which is based upon achieving peace through the submission to the will of Allaah. Thus, by this very simple linguistic definition, one can ascertain as to what the nature of this religion is . If such a religion is based on the notion of peace, then how is it that so many acts done by its adherents are contrary to peace? The answer is simple. Such actions, if not sanctioned by the religion, have no place with it. They are not Islaamic and should not be thought of as Islaamic.

The word Jihaad sends shivers down the spines of many Westerners. They readily equate this term with violence and oppression. However, it must be said that the meaning of Jihaad, as "holy war" is something which is totally foreign and not from Islaam. If anything, such description belongs more so to Christianity and its adherents. It was terms like this which were used to justify the slaughter and pillage of towns and cities during the crusades by the Christians. By simply looking into the sources of Islaam, one is able to know the true meaning of Jihaad is to strive or make effort in the way of Allaah. Thus, striving in the way of Allaah can be both peaceful and physical. The Prophet Muhammad (PUH) said: "The best Jihaad is (by) the one who strives against his own self for Allaah, The Mighty and Majestic" .

In the Qur'aan, Allaah also says (which means): "So obey not the disbelievers, but make a great Jihaad (effort) against them (by preaching) with it (the Qur'aan)" (Al-Furqaan 25:52).

By controlling and fighting against one's desires, the Muslims can then also physically exert themselves in the path of Allaah. It is this physical or combative Jihaad which receives so much criticism. Because of the sheer ignorance of this type of Jihaad, Islaam is regarded as terror, Muslim are regarded as terrorist. However, the very purpose of this physical Jihaad is to raise the Word of Allaah uppermost. By doing this, it liberates and emancipates all those who are crying out for freedom all over the world. If the likes of the pacifist of this world had their way, then the world would indeed be full of anarchy and mischief. The combative Jihaad seeks to correct this as Allaah says in the Qur'aan (which means): "And if Allaah did not rectify one set of people by means of another, the Earth would be full of mischief. But Allaah is full of favors for the worlds." (Al-Baqarah 2:251)

Such would be the corruption on this Earth if there had never been a combative Jihaad, than Allaah says (which means): "For had it not been that Allaah rectifies one set of people by means of another, monasteries, churches, synagogues and mosques, wherein the name of Allaah is mentioned much, would surely have been torn down. Indeed Allaah will help those who help His (cause). Truly Allaah is All-Powerfull, All-Mighty." (Al-Hajj 22:40).

This combative Jihaad being both defensive and offensive, is something which Allaah commanded the Muslims. Through this command the oppressed and weak are rescued from the tyranny of the world. Allaah says (which means): "And what is the matter with you that you do not fight in the cause of Allaah and for those weak, ill-treated and oppressed among men, women and children whose only cry is; "Our Lord, rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors, and raise for us, from you one who will protect, and raise for us, from you one who will help.'" (An-Nisaa' 4:75)

Anyone who knows the early history of Islaam, will know that all those nations and empires which came under the fold of Islaam were indeed previously oppressed. When the companions of the Prophet Muhammad (PUH) went out for the offensive Jihaad against the Egyptians, the Persians and the Romans, we find that the people did not resist against them at all. Rather, they accepted Islaam on such a scale, that it is inconceivable that the Jihaad of Islaam could be anything other then a liberation for these people; a liberation from centuries of tyranny. In fact, with the Byzantine Egyptians and the people of Spain, the Muslims were even beckoned to come and liberate these lands from the oppression of their kings. This is the glorious track record of the Muslim Jihaad.

Compare this with the brutal track record of warfare in the Western world over the centuries. From the crusades against the Muslims to the days of colonial warfare, the Western world has killed, destroyed and plundered everything which has come in its way. Even today this merciless killing goes on by the Western nations. While claming to be about world peace and security. Western nations are ready to bomb innocent civilians at the drop of a hat. The classic example of this is the recent bombings of Sudan and Afghanistan. Whilst claiming that Sudan and Afghanistan were havens for the Islaamic terrorist, the bombings of these two nations could not have come at a better time for the American president Bill Clinton. The destruction of innocent lives which were a result of these bombings clearly seem to have been an attempt by Clinton ot avert attention away from his sexual misdemeanors ,something which he so often gets caught up in. Without doubt this was the reason for such terror from the American Military upon innocent people. This is the same American military which claims to enter the world trouble spots under the disguise of being peace keepers. But Allaah says (which means): "...When it is said to them; 'Make not mischief on the Earth', they say: ' We are only peace makers'. Indeed they are the ones who make mischief, but they perceive it not." (Al-Baqarah 2:11-12)

Not transgressing the limits means not to kill women and children, for the Messenger of (PUH) Allaah "forbade the killing of women and children."

Not transgressing the limits means that the elderly, the sick, monks, worshippers, and hired laborers are not attacked. Not transgressing the limits means not killing animals wantonly, burning crops and vegetation, polluting waters and destroying homes, monasteries, churches and synagogues. Allaah said (which means): "Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion, nor dove you out of your homes. Indeed, Allaah loves those who deal with equity." (Al-Mumtahinah 60:8)

After reading such passages from the Qur'aan and knowing about what Islaam commands and prohibits in Jihaad, the rules of warfare are given a new meaning; a meaning of justice. How sad it is then, that while Islaam is condemned for striking terror into the hearts of the people, the likes of the Serbs, the Indian army in Kashmire and the Israeli soldiers in Palestine are left untarnished for the atrocities they have committed in the name of warfare.

So what about suicide bombing, is this too a part of Jihaad in Allaah's path? From what has already been stated above, it can be deduced that this is not part of the religion. However, unfortunately many Muslims have taken suicide bombing as being a virtuous act by which one receives reward. This could not be further from the truth. The Prophet (PUH)said: " Those who go to extremes are destroyed" .

Suicide bombing is undoubtedly an extremity which has infiltrated the ranks of the Muslims. In the rules of warfare, we find no sanction for such an act from the behavior and utterances of the Prophet Muhammad or his blessed companions. Unfortunately, today some of the less-knowledgeable Muslims believe that such acts are paving the way for an Islaamic revival and a return to the rule of Islaam's glorious law. However, we fail to bear in mind that the Prophet (PUH) said: "Do not be delighted by the actions of anyone, until see how he ends up."

So, for example what is the end of a suicide bomber in Palestine? A leg here, an arm there. Massive retaliation by the Israeli's in the West Bank and Gaza. More Muslims killed and persecuted. How can we be delighted with such an end? What really hammers the final nail in the coffin of this act, is that it is suicide; something which is clearly forbidden in Islaam. The Messenger of Allaah (PUH)said: "He who kills himself with anything, Allaah will torment him with that in the fire of Hell" .

Some are under the misconception that by killing oneself for an Islaamic cause, one commits an act which deserves Paradise. Once when a man killed himself, the Prophet said: "He is a dweller of the fire". When the people were suprised at this, the Prophet said: "A person performs the deeds which to the people appears to be the deeds befitting the dweller of Paradise, but he is in fact one of the dweller of the fire."

The taking of one's life, which Allaah has given as a trust to the human, is a great sin. Likewise, the unwarranted taking of other lives (which is so often the case with suicide bombing) is also forbidden, as human life is indeed precious. Allaah clarifies (which means): "..If anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or for his spreading evil in the land, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind. And (likewise) if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole mankind." (Al-Maa'idah 5:32)

Thus, all other types of extremities such as hostage taking, hijacking and bombs in public places, are clearly forbidden in Islaam.

Thanks to all
"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance". Holy Qur'an 16:125
capt_buzzard

Truth?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Friend,

What do you say to Islamic Militants and those who will kill another human in Allah's name?
koan

Truth?

Post by koan »

capt_buzzard wrote: Friend,

What do you say to Islamic Militants and those who will kill another human in Allah's name?

What do you say to Christians who will burn and torture thousands of women and children in God's name?

Oops?
capt_buzzard

Truth?

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: What do you say to Christians who will burn and torture thousands of women and children in God's name?

Oops? That's not answering my question???
koan

Truth?

Post by koan »

capt_buzzard wrote: That's not answering my question???

To literally answer your question one would have to know an Islamic Militant. I only know peaceful Muslims.
capt_buzzard

Truth?

Post by capt_buzzard »

The UK & Ireland is full of Islamic militants.
koan

Truth?

Post by koan »

capt_buzzard wrote: The UK & Ireland is full of Islamic militants.

Then you have a better chance of asking them yourself...what would you say?
capt_buzzard

Truth?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Keep your Religion to yourself. I'm not interested
capt_buzzard

Truth?

Post by capt_buzzard »

capt_buzzard wrote: Keep your Religion to yourself. I'm not interestedThe way I see it. Islam is a break-away from the Jewish.
gmc

Truth?

Post by gmc »

Posted by Letha

Why do we say "Bless you" after someone sneezes?

The film Dogma makes something out of that too, comedy or not, the thought is there.

Superstition, same reason we throw salt over our left shoulder-it's where the devil is supposed to sit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_buzzard

Friend,

What do you say to Christians who will burn and torture thousands of women and children in God's name?

Oops?

How about all religon is evil and those who want to argue about it should be put in to closed rooms with clubs so they can work out their differences leaving the rest of us out of it.

I don't know any militant muslims but I do know militant Christians who are otherwise reasonable human beings until it comes to religon. The thing is would they be twisted psychotics anyway or was it brought on by religon?
capt_buzzard

Truth?

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: Superstition, same reason we throw salt over our left shoulder-it's where the devil is supposed to sit.

How about all religon is evil and those who want to argue about it should be put in to closed rooms with clubs so they can work out their differences leaving the rest of us out of it.

I don't know any militant muslims but I do know militant Christians who are otherwise reasonable human beings until it comes to religon. The thing is would they be twisted psychotics anyway or was it brought on by religon?GMC, As I alway's have said. Religion is bad for your health.
Lionrampant

Truth?

Post by Lionrampant »

I would say it would be a good history lesson.............
Daniyal

Truth?

Post by Daniyal »

koan;8712 wrote: No disrespect but I went to a site to learn more about Islam and they said click here to learn how "Science has proved the Truth of Islam". I clicked and...science failed them. Couldn't get to the web page. Upset because I want to know what this science is.

When someone sent you to a website most likely they're senting you to their school of though / thinking that goes for any religion also . You must take your time and research things for yourself . This way you'll be able to back things up when question . Anyone can post a website and say here check this out but that doesn't mean they're dealing with the facts . ( Just A Though )
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:

Return to “Islam”