Hey, what's up?

Discuss the Jewish Faith and the Torah.
koan

Hey, what's up?

Post by koan »

Someone told me that women can't study Jewish mysticism. Is this true? If so, WHY? You don't think we're evil too, do you?

:-1
koan

Hey, what's up?

Post by koan »

KlatunIckto wrote: Its said to be a great mystery.

Oh, I see. Women don't need to study it because they already know it all intuitively :sneaky:

Evil too :-3 sure I know it from personal experience :p

That's alright, I've been heard many times saying "But, my dear, women are all evil. That's why it's so much FUN!!!!! :p back
greydeadhead

Hey, what's up?

Post by greydeadhead »

Well..if women are all evil then I have been led to the darkside many a time.. :wah:
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Peg

Hey, what's up?

Post by Peg »

koan wrote: Someone told me that women can't study Jewish mysticism. Is this true? If so, WHY? You don't think we're evil too, do you?

:-1

They said evil like it's a bad thing? :confused:
greydeadhead

Hey, what's up?

Post by greydeadhead »

umm... I don't think women are evil. Perhaps they mean in the context of studying mysticism.. (sp)
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
koan

Hey, what's up?

Post by koan »

I was checking out a Jewish website recently and they are teaching Kabbalah online. I guess it's open to everyone now.

I do have a book on the Kabbalah and I have been activating the sequential Sephiroth in my life over the last 12 years...whether they liked it or not. Some take a few years to complete some only a few days. I do believe the contemplation of the Tree of Life is beneficial and powerful. I imagine further study would reveal even greater truths.
koan

Hey, what's up?

Post by koan »

elise wrote: Be careful what you read. "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing."

Very wise words.

There is a great deal of difference among the various branches (denominations) of Judaism. Jewish mysticism is very different and is not at all helped by its current trendy status among celebrities.

Don't ya hate it when something good gets trendy!

Did you know there are women rabbis in all but the Orthodox branch? Gays as well ...

Did not know that, thank you. Further proof that they are on to something.
capt_buzzard

Hey, what's up?

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: Someone told me that women can't study Jewish mysticism. Is this true? If so, WHY? You don't think we're evil too, do you?

:-1Any Jews here?
koan

Hey, what's up?

Post by koan »

capt_buzzard wrote: Any Jews here?

Elise is but she went and got herself booted
capt_buzzard

Hey, what's up?

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: Elise is but she went and got herself bootedAnd I was hoping to meet Bette Midler. I just love her.
golem

Hey, what's up?

Post by golem »

Kabbalah has very little to do with Judaism and much more to do with middle ages and alchemy.

The Kabbalah (spell it whatever way pleases you) in reality was an attempt to capture much that was oral and if anyone has ever spent any time listening to the increscent wittering on of an old rabbi who is more fond of the sound of his own voice than getting to the root of what he is trying to convey and who seems to have invented the ‘on one hand – on the other hand’ way of presenting his thoughts then the obscurity of the Kabbalah is at once explained.

Me? I think it’s been grabbed by the ‘glitterati’ who see it a being a trendy ‘coffee table’ fashionable thing to be associated with in the absence of having any real intelligence that they can demonstrate.

A bit like Zen in the 60’s.

“What is the sound of one hand clapping?”

Bloody silence, that’s what it was and remains.

Return to “Judaism”