muffins

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
theia

muffins

Post by theia »

I'm the proud new owner of a muffin pan. I'm fed up with the quality of muffins sold in the U.K. and so I'm going to make my own.

I would really appreciate some tried and tested muffin recipes..thanks :)
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
chonsigirl

muffins

Post by chonsigirl »

*getting ready to stop by breakfast*
SOJOURNER

muffins

Post by SOJOURNER »

Good for you Theia!

I too did the nesting thing this weekend. I was not so ambitious as you, I just bought a new can opener.......... :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
lady cop

muffins

Post by lady cop »

have fun! i love to make muffins..... Recipes, Muffins - Bed & Breakfast Inns ONLINE Recipes Bed & Breakfasts and Country Inns on Bed & Breakfast Inns ONLINE.
Lil~Basco

muffins

Post by Lil~Basco »

Apple Streusel Muffins

2 cups all purpose flour

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1/2 cup melted butter

1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract

1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples

Streusel topping:

1/3 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon all purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 tablespoon cold butter

Glaze:

1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 to 2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon melted butter

1/4 teasoon vanilla extract

1/8 teaspoon salt

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Fold in apples.

Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
theia

muffins

Post by theia »

You're very welcome to breakfast, Chonsi...mind you, I've never made them before so keep your fingers crossed

and LC, wow, what a selection...I don't know where to start

and Sojo, just because I'm going to make muffins doesn't mean I'm not an expert with the can opener. And the last time I home baked ( sausage rolls), my kids refused to touch them :wah:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
theia

muffins

Post by theia »

Thanks, Lil.

Is "all purpose" flour self raising or plain? I'm thinking it's probably SR.
Lil~Basco

muffins

Post by Lil~Basco »

theia wrote: Thanks, Lil.

Is "all purpose" flour self raising or plain? I'm thinking it's probably SR.
It's plain flour theia. Hope you enjoy them if you try it! :)
robinseggs

muffins

Post by robinseggs »

This is certainly not home made, but to make quick muffins for the kids I buy the bags at the grocery store...the ones you only add some milk to and mix. I make mini muffins and then when they are done I throw them in a bowl of melted butter for just a quick second and then immediatley into a bowl of cinnamon/sugar. However sinful these little gems may be, they ARE delicious. If making blueberry muffins I omit the cinnamon in the sugar. Try this with your homemade ones if you want or you can even just do the muffin tops by just dipping the tops into butter, then sugar!! It's the simplist thing and my neighbors think i am a genious!
Nature laughs Last
minks

muffins

Post by minks »

robinseggs wrote: This is certainly not home made, but to make quick muffins for the kids I buy the bags at the grocery store...the ones you only add some milk to and mix. I make mini muffins and then when they are done I throw them in a bowl of melted butter for just a quick second and then immediatley into a bowl of cinnamon/sugar. However sinful these little gems may be, they ARE delicious. If making blueberry muffins I omit the cinnamon in the sugar. Try this with your homemade ones if you want or you can even just do the muffin tops by just dipping the tops into butter, then sugar!! It's the simplist thing and my neighbors think i am a genious!

Oh MY those are great tips. I buy the mix packs too and I add the candied fruit bits you buy in the baking isle of the grocery store they ad a nice touch as well.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
bigdaddy

muffins

Post by bigdaddy »

I enjoy blueberry muffins, warm from the oven...................
CountryDweller

muffins

Post by CountryDweller »

bigdaddy wrote: I enjoy blueberry muffins, warm from the oven...................
I like blueberry too, but lately my favorite has been triple berry muffins. They have blueberries, strawberries and raspberries in them. Delicious! :-4
robinseggs

muffins

Post by robinseggs »

minks wrote: Oh MY those are great tips. I buy the mix packs too and I add the candied fruit bits you buy in the baking isle of the grocery store they ad a nice touch as well.

Great idea! More fruit!!
Nature laughs Last
robinseggs

muffins

Post by robinseggs »

bigdaddy wrote: I enjoy blueberry muffins, warm from the oven...................

Ahhhh yes with BUTTER!!! ..................................................(but that's another thread!!!) hee hee heee....lol
Nature laughs Last

Return to “The Kitchen”