How do you relax?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
The Red One

How do you relax?

Post by The Red One »

I relax by either coloring, try writing a book, or draw houseplans. How about the rest of you?
Lil~Basco

How do you relax?

Post by Lil~Basco »

I relax by hiking in the woods and getting close to nature. Listen to all the birds sing, turkeys gobbling, a deer or two snorting and maybe an elk grunt. Sometimes I just sit at the base of a tree with my eyes closed and take in all the sounds around me. Squirrels will get pretty darn close to you, to check you out.

Then, I get home, put on some tunes and take a long hot bubble bath. Totally relaxed by then.
greydeadhead

How do you relax?

Post by greydeadhead »

gotta agree with Far on this one.. I always seem to be at work.. but.. when I get the chance..

this time of year.. relaxing is strapping a pair of skis on and going downhill very very very fast... get that goofy smile and adreneline rush going as you carve turns .. LC will know exactly what I mean... .booooooooyeah.....
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
minks

How do you relax?

Post by minks »

A drive in the country to take pictures, or go for a good vigorous hike....or stay in bed and let the sun warm me till I feel better...

or .... sex hehehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

How do you relax?

Post by chonsigirl »

I close my eyes to go to sleep......................
Benjamin

How do you relax?

Post by Benjamin »

Clancy wrote: I lift my accoustic guitar off the wall and sit and play. It's very relaxing, and very theraputic. I don't have to play anything specific, sometimes I'll choose a key, and just drift with it using chord progression.

I suppose it's like any other creative hobby, or pastime, it helps take the strain if your feeling stressed, and if your feeling good, it's there to heighten that feeling too

I recommend playing any instrument.....especially the accoustic guitar. :)
Good to see another guitar player here! :guitarist I play the guitar to relax, also. I usually play blues licks to release tension.

Sometimes I'll just sit and play fetch with the dog. It seems to work pretty well for clearing my mind and relaxing.
jennyswan

How do you relax?

Post by jennyswan »

I like to go see a movie and eat popcorn and minstrels :) or read, or turn up the music and dance around the house or having a roasting shower and lie on the bed in a towel until dry!! I like going for walks in the countryside too.

Geess this sounds like a classified ad :D
lady cop

How do you relax?

Post by lady cop »

i like to sit on my porch and shoot the beer cans out of my neighbors' hands. :D
jennyswan

How do you relax?

Post by jennyswan »

i like to sit on my porch and shoot the beer cans out of my neighbors' hands.

Here you go!!;)
SOJOURNER

How do you relax?

Post by SOJOURNER »

Relax:

I use to sit with a cat on my lap and watch the birds and other creatures that wandered into our yard. Now I sit with 3 dogs and watch the wildlife. It's still good, but boy do I miss having a cat! Whenever I can get another cat, this is the type I want:

I also like to wander though a book store. Sometimes I make purchases. Sometimes I just jot down book names and authors. I sure do lose myself in a book store...............
lady cop

How do you relax?

Post by lady cop »

Clancy wrote: How about I sit next you , and we'll shoot yer frickin neighbours :D ....just fix us up with an alibi ;)yep, i'll say YOU did it! :wah:
Lil~Basco

How do you relax?

Post by Lil~Basco »

lady cop wrote: i like to sit on my porch and shoot the beer cans out of my neighbors' hands. :D
LC...is there a shooting range you can go to in your area? Maybe target shooting would help you relax and sleep. Maybe that's something that's missing in your life right now? Just a thought.....
lady cop

How do you relax?

Post by lady cop »

Lil~Basco wrote: LC...is there a shooting range you can go to in your area? Maybe target shooting would help you relax and sleep. Maybe that's something that's missing in your life right now? Just a thought.....yes, i go to fraternal order of police range. and it is something i enjoy. :cool:
chonsigirl

How do you relax?

Post by chonsigirl »

*passing Arnold my tambourine*
abbey

How do you relax?

Post by abbey »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I am a clasically trained spoon player and have lately become rather proficient on the washboard, the kazzoo and the swannee whistle

Should any body like to hear my work I have a new release, available by sending a stamped adressed envelope containing a cheque or postal order for £19.99Being a Northern git i am also a classicalley (SP) trained spoon player, my rendition of "Play with me yo-yo tonight" is renowned in northern pubs. :rolleyes:
Bez

How do you relax?

Post by Bez »

I don't relax that much. i usually go from 'doing' to sleeping pretty quickly.....having said that i listen to music (usually when I'm doing something else) read occasionally, watch a movie occasionally. My passion is gardening (having withdrawl symptoms at the moment because I can't get out to do much) and visiting gardens and national Trust places.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
lady cop

How do you relax?

Post by lady cop »

abbey wrote: Being a Northern git i am also a classicalley (SP) trained spoon player, my rendition of "Play with me yo-yo tonight" is renowned in northern pubs. :rolleyes:OK you guys, lets have a recital!
Jives

How do you relax?

Post by Jives »

Clancy wrote: I lift my accoustic guitar off the wall and sit and play.

I recommend playing any instrument.....especially the accoustic guitar. :)

Same here, I play electric guitar...except when it's been a very stressful day, I turn up my amplifier and rock OUT!:D The louder the better!

Oh..and there's nothing like a good videogame to de-stressify! I highly recommend Dragon Quest VIII out right now for PS2 and X-Box. The backgrounds are awe-inspiring, the music is soothing and the story is enchanting.

It's such a pretty game and so huge that you can literally just explore the countryside. Last night I stood in the surf of a beautiful beach and watched the sun set through a hole in the rocks. The sky turned purple, then red and orange and finally the stars came out and the moon rose! Gorgeous!
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
G-man

How do you relax?

Post by G-man »

Nice spoons there... silver has such a nice tone too, musically... has great resonance too...

There are a number of hobbies that keep me relaxed... baking, cooking... I find it very meditative... plus there's the added bonus when I consume the finished product... gardening, which is now relegated to my greenhouses, this time of year... playing and composing music, toying around on the computer, cryptography, enjoying a glass of wine down in my wine cellar, reading, playing piano or guitar, meditating, practicing my martial arts, sitting by the fire... I usually remain a bit active even when I'm relaxed though...

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Bez

How do you relax?

Post by Bez »

abbey wrote: Being a Northern git i am also a classicalley (SP) trained spoon player, my rendition of "Play with me yo-yo tonight" is renowned in northern pubs. :rolleyes:

Yes guys...abbey is well renowned 'play with me yo-yo tonight' ....now how does it go ???? :) clackerty clickerty clack....etc
Bez

How do you relax?

Post by Bez »

G-man wrote: Nice spoons there... silver has such a nice tone too, musically... has great resonance too...

I

I think abbey keeps the silver spoons for the classical genre...stainless steel for the pop stuff.....plastic for...well whatever..:D
Bez

How do you relax?

Post by Bez »

Clancy wrote: There is an opening for a female conga player....but there is a dress code stipulation ....and that entails, tight black pencil skirt , tight black top, red lipstick, and heels ....*.think Robert Palmer Video* addicted to love, and your in.

If you would change the description to bare feet (red painted toe nails) and natural lip gloss, i might consider applying !
Bez

How do you relax?

Post by Bez »

Clancy wrote: These things are always negotiable ;) ....once we find a manager. I think we may need more percussion anyway ....I fancy making a right royal racket :guitarist

:cool:

I can play keyboards as well !!....and recorder :D (sad but true)
LottomagicZ4941

How do you relax?

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

TV, internet (be it games, forums or trafic exchanging), having a beer or 4, and sometimes I like to drive but don't do this like I did when I was younger.

Editing in as I forgot listing to mellow stuff like Cat Stevens though I tend to listen to heavier stuff:) Foghat, Benparkdrive, UFO, Nazareth, Ted Nugent and many more.

Lotto

http://www.moneymakerslounge.com/forum/ ... 0#post3030

MagicZ4941 AKA Zrocker, IncognitoNOT, LOVEgoesMLM
Benjamin

How do you relax?

Post by Benjamin »

Clancy wrote: Yay ! ...well , Ben jamin ;) ....there are quite a few musicians in here. A few guitarists , a budding lady bass player, a keyboard player , a drummer {havent seen him since his intro though} ....and a banjo/guitar player. :guitarist

....here's a pic of some of my guitars, a pic of our banjo'guitarist too .....click link

Nice guitars Clancy! I also have a Strat Deluxe Plus... a '93. I don't think Fender makes them any more. My accoustic is a 1970 Yamaha FG-180. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

What kind of music do you play? I play a lot of blues and Grateful Dead type music.
Jives

How do you relax?

Post by Jives »

I play alternative rock. I used to play with the Gin Blossoms band in Tempe, Arizona.

I have a 1969 Fender bullet similar to this one here:

Benjamin

How do you relax?

Post by Benjamin »

Jives wrote: I play alternative rock. I used to play with the Gin Blossoms band in Tempe, Arizona.

I have a 1969 Fender bullet similar to this one here:

Is that the same Gin Blossoms that did Allison Road? I saw them a few years ago at the Filmore here in Denver. Good show.

I don't believe I've ever played a Fender Bullet. Do they still make them? I now have 15 posts so I can post a link. Here are my guitars:

Jives

How do you relax?

Post by Jives »

Benjamin wrote: Is that the same Gin Blossoms that did Allison Road? I saw them a few years ago at the Filmore here in Denver. Good show.

Affirmative. I was with them for 6 years, then quit to become a corporate manager. They got picked up by a record company three months later.

I don't believe I've ever played a Fender Bullet. Do they still make them?

Nope, they are the last of the hand-made Fenders.:cool:
jennyswan

How do you relax?

Post by jennyswan »

Can I be a Roadie?

Attached files
minks

How do you relax?

Post by minks »

mrsK wrote: Having bbq's with the family a few beers & playing cards.Hopefully by coming on here & chatting away to everyone:-6

excellent choice hehehe go on into the pub I will buy you a drink and introduce you around hehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Jives

How do you relax?

Post by Jives »

Has anyone but me noticed that we are getting a much classier set of n()()bs, lately?

Welcome to ForumGarden, MrsK.:D
jennyswan

How do you relax?

Post by jennyswan »

Has anyone but me noticed that we are getting a much classier set of n()()bs, lately?

I think I'm sad now :-1
Jives

How do you relax?

Post by Jives »

lol. you're not a n()()b, Jenny! You're one of the regulars!;)

And I certainly wasn't referring to you anyway!:D
jennyswan

How do you relax?

Post by jennyswan »

And I certainly wasn't referring to you anyway!

Phew, thanks Jives.

I still only have about 370 posts no matter how fast I type :o

Return to “General Chit Chat”