Banning in the garden

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Betty Boop

Banning in the garden

Post by Betty Boop »

:yh_rotfl You wondering how far you can go Snooze??

:D
Bez

Banning in the garden

Post by Bez »

SnoozeControl wrote: I'm kind of curious what sort of offenses would cause a member to be banned. Have there been many that do get banned? Any flame-outs that I might enjoy hearing about?:D

Oooohhh...Gross Misconduct ! we'll have to consult the FG Rulebook...:D
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
abbey

Banning in the garden

Post by abbey »

SnoozeControl wrote: I'm kind of curious what sort of offenses would cause a member to be banned. Have there been many that do get banned? Any flame-outs that I might enjoy hearing about?:DI have heard that posting in the butter thread can cop you a ban. :sneaky:
valerie

Banning in the garden

Post by valerie »

Members get banned when they post asking what offenses will get them

banned...

OOPS!!!

Bye, Snoozie, we have some LOVELY parting gifts for you!!

:D ;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Banning in the garden

Post by lady cop »

well i'm not touching this with a stick! :lips:
Bez

Banning in the garden

Post by Bez »

abbey wrote: I have heard that posting in the butter thread can cop you a ban. :sneaky:

Abbey....did you say BUTTER ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
abbey

Banning in the garden

Post by abbey »

Bez wrote: Abbey....did you say BUTTER ?GRRRRRRR!.......
abbey

Banning in the garden

Post by abbey »

SnoozeControl wrote: Oh come on! Tell me some stories of past members that lost their minds and then lost their memberships.Paula aka agnes.........say no more. :lips:
wizard

Banning in the garden

Post by wizard »

I could tell you about a UK forum where most members have lost their minds and kept their memberships!!!!!!!!!!!! not a nice place though best stay in here ;)
minks

Banning in the garden

Post by minks »

SnoozeControl wrote: Oh come on! Tell me some stories of past members that lost their minds and then lost their memberships.

they got banned and the threads went with them hehehehehe

Nothing like your old haunts hunny.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Banning in the garden

Post by minks »

Spot

Kmhowe

most of the Wicked moon migration attempt.

― Mae West
Tombstone

Banning in the garden

Post by Tombstone »

I'd prefer not to talk about this subject matter. Only the admins know what the real story is behind the scenes. Everything else is conjecture...and believe me...there has been a lot of it - and *all of it has been off-the-mark.

"Spam" and "Threats" are the two main items that will get a person's account whacked.

Pretty simple really. We "admin" from a distance. FG is not a good fit for people who want complex moderation rules and a Hall Monitor in every forum.

People who can't behave themselves usually find a nice PM from me in their inbox. If they explode and threaten me with every concievable device known to mankind I take care of their account.

It's an easy and friendly policy. Just like asking your guests not to enter your house with boots full of dog crap on them. If they resist and complain, I send out the dogs. If they get ugly, I show them my other "tools."

My tools are very persuasive. :o
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
orpheus

Banning in the garden

Post by orpheus »

You mean there are arguments on here? :-2

I used to be on a internet Ice Hockey management game with both Americans and Brits, it was around the time the 2nd Gulf war started and the run up to it.

the conversations got quite 'heated' to say the least :sneaky:
The Red One

Banning in the garden

Post by The Red One »

SnoozeControl wrote: Thanks for the explanation. I've been in heavily policed forums where a mod would actually warn me about my punctuation. He was particularly sensitive about too many little dots after a sentence...

That's just rediculous!!!!!! Warning about punctuation!!!!!!! He wouldn't have had a field day with a majority of us wouldn't he?????????? I mean really!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't ever use to many puntuation marks.............or spell things wong either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The nerve of him!!!!!!!!!!! Why we outta...............:D
SOJOURNER

Banning in the garden

Post by SOJOURNER »

SnoozeControl wrote: Thanks for the explanation. I've been in heavily policed forums where a mod would actually warn me about my punctuation. He was particularly sensitive about too many little dots after a sentence...

What did he think the dots meant? :confused:
SOJOURNER

Banning in the garden

Post by SOJOURNER »

SnoozeControl wrote: I don't think he liked me. Hard to believe, isn't it?

:yh_rotfl
SOJOURNER

Banning in the garden

Post by SOJOURNER »

SnoozeControl wrote: That's gotta hurt.

But it feels so good when I stop................. :-5

(did you notice I used more than 3 dots.................. :)
Peg

Banning in the garden

Post by Peg »

The admin of Forum Garden tolerate a LOT. If you get banned from here, chances are most sites will ban you. This is one of the hardest sites to get banned from so when someone gets banned, there's a darn good reason.
chonsigirl

Banning in the garden

Post by chonsigirl »

[smilie=10,41,8]..................(I like the smilie creater)
nvalleyvee

Banning in the garden

Post by nvalleyvee »

I've never been threatened with a ban........maybe I'm just too dang middle-of-the-road. :lips:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
BTS

Banning in the garden

Post by BTS »

The Red One wrote: That's just rediculous!!!!!! Warning about punctuation!!!!!!! He wouldn't have had a field day with a majority of us wouldn't he?????????? I mean really!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't ever use to many puntuation marks.............or spell things wong either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The nerve of him!!!!!!!!!!! Why we outta...............:D

sorta kinda like this?:driving:

...................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Wolverine

Banning in the garden

Post by Wolverine »

this has nothing to do with your thread, Cheeks.

what in the name of all that is Holy did you do to your poor little Kitty???????:eek: :eek:

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Tombstone

Banning in the garden

Post by Tombstone »

Thanks everyone. Yes, the heat we get is for not banning quickly enough.

But, like a stinky diesel smoke belching bus, the problem "characters" usually chug on through and the air clears before you know it. The problems happen when others step in front of the bus and keep it from moving on by arguing, setting up roadblocks, etc.

Every idiot loves an audience. Myself included. :D [smilie=7,38,33]
Tombstone

Banning in the garden

Post by Tombstone »

BTS wrote: sorta kinda like this?:driving:

...................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................

I use dashes too...

-.-----..- ..-.... .- .-..---- ---..-. -..----...! (Yes, that's a real phrase in morse code.) :lips:
minks

Banning in the garden

Post by minks »

Tombstone wrote: Thanks everyone. Yes, the heat we get is for not banning quickly enough.

But, like a stinky diesel smoke belching bus, the problem "characters" usually chug on through and the air clears before you know it. The problems happen when others step in front of the bus and keep it from moving on by arguing, setting up roadblocks, etc.

Every idiot loves an audience. Myself included. :D [smilie=7,38,33]
I have to say our admin staff here does a fabo job. As well there are a good lot of FG members who can easily "nudge" the bad apples out of FG before it becomes a mess.

― Mae West
Tombstone

Banning in the garden

Post by Tombstone »

Far Rider wrote: Thats why I carry my shotgun! Some of em flat out **** me off! Like that last bran needing.... yada yada yada!

I was fearfull I was gonna ge banned after what I said!

Nah! Everyone deserves to shoot off some steam now and again. I certainly do.

Back to cleaning my Remington 870. :D
minks

Banning in the garden

Post by minks »

Tombstone wrote: Nah! Everyone deserves to shoot off some steam now and again. I certainly do.

Back to cleaning my Remington 870. :D

you cowboys are our hero's

― Mae West
anastrophe

Banning in the garden

Post by anastrophe »

a note of thanks from me also, though my admin/moderator style has become more along the lines of that guy we all knew in high school who seemed to show up once or twice a semester in your home ec class but never seemed to be in any other classes, yet still graduated. i definitely had my sojourn into overmoderation quite some time back, ladycop and babyrider can attest to that! i know, i'll call it Xtreme Modding, that'll keep the youngsters interested.

it's worth noting, spot was NOT banned. he chose to leave of his own accord, and believe me, we tried our best to keep him on board, even with my 'Xtreme' dislike of most of his ideologies.

i will take exception (Xception?), mildly, to the comment that it's hard to get banned around here (and i realize the spirit the comment was made in, so again, my only mild pleading here). it is actually exceptionally easy to get banned from here: post spam, or threaten someone with physical harm, or say something so horrifically hostile as to take most civilized folk's breath away. poof, you're gone! most spammers are banned and buried before most of the FG membership ever had a chance to see their droppings. the few folks who have taken their rhetoric to genuine extremes (rather than rhetorical extremes!), have also been summarily dismissed, but we're not naming names.

thoroughly confused yet? as am i. yawn. you are getting verrrryy sleeeeeepyyyyy..........
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
abbey

Banning in the garden

Post by abbey »

anastrophe wrote: a note of thanks from me also, though my admin/moderator style has become more along the lines of that guy we all knew in high school who seemed to show up once or twice a semester in your home ec class but never seemed to be in any other classes, yet still graduated. i definitely had my sojourn into overmoderation quite some time back, ladycop and babyrider can attest to that! i know, i'll call it Xtreme Modding, that'll keep the youngsters interested.

it's worth noting, spot was NOT banned. he chose to leave of his own accord, and believe me, we tried our best to keep him on board, even with my 'Xtreme' dislike of most of his ideologies.

i will take exception (Xception?), mildly, to the comment that it's hard to get banned around here (and i realize the spirit the comment was made in, so again, my only mild pleading here). it is actually exceptionally easy to get banned from here: post spam, or threaten someone with physical harm, or say something so horrifically hostile as to take most civilized folk's breath away. poof, you're gone! most spammers are banned and buried before most of the FG membership ever had a chance to see their droppings. the few folks who have taken their rhetoric to genuine extremes (rather than rhetorical extremes!), have also been summarily dismissed, but we're not naming names.

thoroughly confused yet? as am i. yawn. you are getting verrrryy sleeeeeepyyyyy..........I am under your spell o wise one :yh_hypno :yh_worry
Accountable

Banning in the garden

Post by Accountable »

Thanks, Snooze. You prompted some good explanations.

I used to read old threads & would notice a post by a banned member, then I'd go through that guy's history to see if I could figure out why he got banned, but never could.

I like the rulebook here. It's similar to an employee manual I heard of - Bloomingdale?? - anyway, some high-end retailer. The entire manual was:

Use your best judgment.

I can live with that.
BabyRider

Banning in the garden

Post by BabyRider »

Accountable wrote: I used to read old threads & would notice a post by a banned member, then I'd go through that guy's history to see if I could figure out why he got banned, but never could.

Did you ever come across Bullet? Yes, that would be MY Bullet.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Jives

Banning in the garden

Post by Jives »

anastrophe wrote: the few folks who have taken their rhetoric to genuine extremes (rather than rhetorical extremes!), have also been summarily dismissed, but we're not naming names.

Well! That explains why I didn't get banned for comparing Insane Clown Posse members to Hitler Youth!:D

I got banned from a small forum once, but that was just a power struggle between myself and another global mod. The sucker banned me behind my back!

The equivalent here would be if Tombstone banned Anastrophe.:wah:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
minks

Banning in the garden

Post by minks »

Clipper wrote: Speaking for myself here....I come on the Net to enjoy myself . Arguing with some fool just don't do it for me. Politics and religion seem to be two hot buttons for nearly everyone and I stay away from them topics usually...It's more fun just being nice.....:D :D

you don't wanna talk religion with me?? pity :D

― Mae West

Return to “General Chit Chat”