Reiki is interesting

Discuss Astrology, Confucianism, Healing Arts, Hinduism, Mysticism, Paganism, Reincarnation, Sikhism, others
actionfigurestepho

Reiki is interesting

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Yesterday I had a friend of mine come over and perform Reiki on me to help with the cramps I've been getting in my hands. Some of the drugs I'm on give me arthritic symptoms, and I was in so much pain I could barely hold my toothbrush. I didn't really notice much of a difference until half an hour later, when I realized I'd picked up a mug by the handle and was able to grip it.

Has anyone had any such experiences with this practice themselves?
MzInterpret

Reiki is interesting

Post by MzInterpret »

Oh yes.

I grew up in a Christian household where this sort of alternative healing is frowned upon. But about 3 years ago, I woke up with a stiff neck. I took painkillers but within a few days I could hardly get out of bed the pain was so bad. It had spread to my back too and I needed help getting around.

I went to the doctor and was prescribed a 10 day anti inflammatory course. On the 10th day, I was mobile, but the pain was still there and my neck was still stiff. I returned to the doctor who informed me I would have to wait for it to get better.

One afternoon, while in agony, a friend phoned. I told her what I was going through and she told me about a guy who was a Reiki healer. With my background, my first instinct was to say NO, but I was so desperate for some relief that I asked for his details.

Two days later, I visited him. It was a really peaceful, positive experience, and no thunderbolts came down to strike me...:D

Although his hands never touched my body, the heat that radiated from them was phenomenal. I walked out of there, still in pain, but 24 hours later, the pain had gone and it has never come back.

Reiki is definitely a type of healing that is not to be scoffed at.

PS: I did tell my doctor who scoffed at me and said that medicine had obviously finally worked! :rolleyes:
Accountable

Reiki is interesting

Post by Accountable »

I just looked it up here. I'm pretty sure this is something my SIL (Japanese) practiced at one time.
jennyswan

Reiki is interesting

Post by jennyswan »

I don't know much about it personally but anything that can heal and have a good effect can't be a bad thing. :-6

Return to “Ancient Wisdom”