Bezzys Important Day

Discuss Sikhism, Shinto, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Kabbalah, others.
Bez

Bezzys Important Day

Post by Bez »

I just wanted to share my happiness with all my friends at FG.

Today I went to the headquarters of the Soka Gakkai International (UK) at Taplow to receive my membership along with 35 other people. My daughter Sarah who introduced me to the practise came with me and it was a truly inspiring and happy occasion. A buddhist that follows the beliefs of Nicherin Daishonin, chants "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" twice a day for the happiness of themselves, their friends and relatives and for peace and harmony in the world. It goes without saying, that I will be chanting loudly for all of you here......and maybe a little more happiness will leap into your lives...

:-6 :-4;)
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Bezzys Important Day

Post by Bez »

There are many groups in the USA...they have millions of members spread right accross the country. I can only tell you that I have been practising for 6 months and my life has been transformed in many small ways. I have posted a link to the SGI-US so that you can browse and see what you think.

I'm quite new to this.... but if I can answer any questions.....ask away.

www.sgi-usa.org
minks

Bezzys Important Day

Post by minks »

Bez wrote: I just wanted to share my happiness with all my friends at FG.

Today I went to the headquarters of the Soka Gakkai International (UK) at Taplow to receive my membership along with 35 other people. My daughter Sarah who introduced me to the practise came with me and it was a truly inspiring and happy occasion. A buddhist that follows the beliefs of Nicherin Daishonin, chants "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" twice a day for the happiness of themselves, their friends and relatives and for peace and harmony in the world. It goes without saying, that I will be chanting loudly for all of you here......and maybe a little more happiness will leap into your lives...

:-6 :-4;)

awwww Bezzy that is fantastic.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
lady cop

Bezzys Important Day

Post by lady cop »

this is why Bez is so serene! :-6
Bez

Bezzys Important Day

Post by Bez »

flopstock wrote: too cool! is this a religion? or more of a lifestyle? you still celebrate christmas?

If you believe that 'Religion' is a system of faith and worship, then I guess it is a religion. We don't worship Buddhas of which there have been many, but we do follow their teachings and scripts for guidance, particularly the writings of Nicherin Daishonin. Our buddhism is rooted in daily life, and is a practical system of thought, word and deed, with direct relevance to the lives of all who pracise it. We strive for strengthened energy, courage, determination, compassion and wisdom.

There are currenly 12 million members of the SGI (Soka Gakkai International) in more than 178 countries throughout the world.

YES I do celebrate Christmas...it is a happy family time....love it
Bez

Bezzys Important Day

Post by Bez »

SnoozeControl wrote: According to my co-worker, Buddhism acknowledges and embraces other religions.

Buddhism is very tolerant and repectful of other religions....many of the philsophies are the same. I was bought up as a Christian and believe in the Ten Commandments and many of the scriptures.
Accountable

Bezzys Important Day

Post by Accountable »

Congrats, Bez!! :-6

You've studied hard for this. It's a wonderful accomplishment. :yh_flower
chonsigirl

Bezzys Important Day

Post by chonsigirl »

We wish you joy and happiness, Bez. Your enthusiasm and good thoughts for us all are an aspect of your innermost loving soul.

You go girl!
Bez

Bezzys Important Day

Post by Bez »

chonsigirl wrote: We wish you joy and happiness, Bez. Your enthusiasm and good thoughts for us all are an aspect of your innermost loving soul.

You go girl!

It's all down to my lovely daughter....luv her...:-4

My eldest son thinks I'm a 'crank'....but still loves me :D

My youngest son says..."whatever makes you happy mum"...:)
Accountable

Bezzys Important Day

Post by Accountable »

Snooze is right, Bez. She's the crank, not you. :cool:
mominiowa

Bezzys Important Day

Post by mominiowa »

YEAH!! Happy Day to you.........:-6 Thank you for the extra serenity - I hope I can feel it soon...May you have many blessings!:-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....

Return to “Eastern Religions”