If it weren't for bad luck...

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
observer1

Post by observer1 »

Hey all. I'm having the WORST run of luck lately. Let's see... where do I begin?

Well, Monday evening, I was headed to my pretty much ex-boyfriend's place. Just as I got to a red light, a belt broke to my water pump & my car started over-heating. Luckily, I was sitting next to a gas station. So I pulled in. The guy said it'd be a while til he could get it in. I said (frantically) I just need to know what's wrong with it, could you just look quick? Three guys came out & looked at my car. They told the other guy it was the water pump. When I asked how much, I was told probably $250-300! I was panicking!! On top of that, my boyfriend's father had to come pick me up. Let's just suffice it to say that we're not extremely fond of each other. Long story. Then my parents had to come 45 miles to pick me up from the boyfriend's house, because he doesn't drive. When my step-father looked at my car, it turned out it only needed a belt. Thank goodness!

Then yesterday, I put $20 worth of gas in my car & went to get money from the ATM to pay for it & give my daughter some money. I was declined! So I tried to pay with my debit card. That was also declined!! Turns out, my bank CLOSED my account because my balance was at $0!!! I have been with this bank for many years & NEVER had this happen! I got paid yesterday, but it wasn't deposited into my account, because the account was closed!!!! I called them today & told them I had no way of knowing this had happened (it happened because they took out their service charge) because I'd been locked out of the phone & computer accesses! How was I supposed to know so I could rectify the problem?? I'm now checking into switching to a credit union account.

I just need a big, fat hug!!! :(
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i promise you, things will get better! :yh_hugs
minks

Post by minks »

ArnoldLayne wrote: FAAAAT hug :-6

'nother FAT HUGG
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
observer1

Post by observer1 »

Thanks guys!! I really need that! And thanks for the encouragement LC. :o
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Hugs to you and REMEMBER

"Never cry over anything that can't cry over you"

I know about bad days too.

This morning was not one of my most enjoyable ones. Went to the Post Office to pick up mail from a post office box for an organization I work for -- part time, at home, and the box was closed. Seems I did not pay the renewal fee. Didn't know it was due........... Had to reopen an account, again, which required 2 ID's.

So out to the car I go for auto insurance info and while I was leaning into the passenger side of the car retrieving this, BAM! an elderly gentleman smashes into the left rear end of my car (he just couldn't make the turn into the space even tho I was well in the middle of my parking space and there were no cars parked on the other side for 3 spaces.................

So I go into my purse for my cell and what do you think...........it was not there. Why, you ask. Because my daughter took it yesterday and did not put it back... Why do I have a cell phone when it is never available to me when I need it!!!!![/B]

The gentleman then shuffled-scuffled off to find a phone and I practiced deep breaths while I waited for his return. Calm, I AM calm.Now I have to call my insurance company, go get estimates and be without my car while it gets fixed......... This was NOT in my scheme of how things would be going. But, luckly - this was really a nothing - no one was hurt and the auto will be repaired. I will NOT be annoyed.

I think the reason I was a bit tense was because of yesterdays inconvenience running into the mishaps of today. Yesterday I went shopping at a department store that had many, many items at 1/2 price. Needless to say, it was crowded and the lines were very, very long. I shopped, I selected and I was ready to get in line when I though to check my purse and ready my VISA for the coming transaction. Yes, you guessed it. No VISA! Why, you ask. Because my daughter took it yesterday and did not put it back... So, I call my daughter. I say I am shopping and I do not have my VISA with me to pay for my purchases. With disbelief in her questioning voice she says to me "You want me to bring it to you!?" "Yes" is all I answer. Then I proceed to WAIT for her to drive the twenty-some minutes it will take her to get to where I am.

Today I suggested a new routine for young daughter. When she is allowed the priviledge of using my VISA and/or cell phone, SHE WILL PUT IT BACK IN MY PURSE IMMEDIATELY WHEN SHE RETURNS HOME!

I'm counting the car accident as the third incident, so I am considering my run of bad luck as DONE!!!!!!!!!!!
observer1

Post by observer1 »

SOJOURNER wrote: Hugs to you and REMEMBER

"Never cry over anything that can't cry over you"

I know about bad days too.

This morning was not one of my most enjoyable ones. Went to the Post Office to pick up mail from a post office box for an organization I work for -- part time, at home, and the box was closed. Seems I did not pay the renewal fee. Didn't know it was due........... Had to reopen an account, again, which required 2 ID's.

So out to the car I go for auto insurance info and while I was leaning into the passenger side of the car retrieving this, BAM! an elderly gentleman smashes into the left rear end of my car (he just couldn't make the turn into the space even tho I was well in the middle of my parking space and there were no cars parked on the other side for 3 spaces.................

So I go into my purse for my cell and what do you think...........it was not there. Why, you ask. Because my daughter took it yesterday and did not put it back... Why do I have a cell phone when it is never available to me when I need it!!!!![/B]

The gentleman then shuffled-scuffled off to find a phone and I practiced deep breaths while I waited for his return. Calm, I AM calm.Now I have to call my insurance company, go get estimates and be without my car while it gets fixed......... This was NOT in my scheme of how things would be going. But, luckly - this was really a nothing - no one was hurt and the auto will be repaired. I will NOT be annoyed.

I think the reason I was a bit tense was because of yesterdays inconvenience running into the mishaps of today. Yesterday I went shopping at a department store that had many, many items at 1/2 price. Needless to say, it was crowded and the lines were very, very long. I shopped, I selected and I was ready to get in line when I though to check my purse and ready my VISA for the coming transaction. Yes, you guessed it. No VISA! Why, you ask. Because my daughter took it yesterday and did not put it back... So, I call my daughter. I say I am shopping and I do not have my VISA with me to pay for my purchases. With disbelief in her questioning voice she says to me "You want me to bring it to you!?" "Yes" is all I answer. Then I proceed to WAIT for her to drive the twenty-some minutes it will take her to get to where I am.

Today I suggested a new routine for young daughter. When she is allowed the priviledge of using my VISA and/or cell phone, SHE WILL PUT IT BACK IN MY PURSE IMMEDIATELY WHEN SHE RETURNS HOME!

I'm counting the car accident as the third incident, so I am considering my run of bad luck as DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this, Sojourner!! You've made me feel better. Also, a girl here at work was looking up airline tickets on the internet for her, her boyfriend, & his 2 kids to fly from PA to Los Angeles to meet his parents. She accidentally pushed a button & got tickets at an EXORBITANT amount. She immediately shut out of that screen, hoping that would stop the process, but it didn't. So, she then called the company & they refuse to back out the transaction!! She was in tears! That's going to take all of her savings. I told her, "Not to be ignorant or anything, but you've just made me feel a lot better." Didn't seem to cheer HER up though. I feel so bad for her! :(

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”