Nerves!

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
actionfigurestepho

Nerves!

Post by actionfigurestepho »

My brother went in for his first series of testing today, to see if he can legitimately be my donor. He said it wasn't that horrible, but we're all so nervous! They're testing him for everything under the sun, and on top of that he had to see a counselor, the same lady I yelled at when I had to see her. Apparently she was just as much of a stupid bi--- I mean, a concerned yet stern older woman *cough*--to him as she was to me.

We're just all so nervous! He's the best match for me, and probably the healthiest of my matches, and this is just taking way too long. I don't suppose there's anything we can do but wait, but in the meantime I'm developing a wonderful case of the hives. Grrr!
orangesox1

Nerves!

Post by orangesox1 »

Hang in there Stepho, I'm praying that all goes well for you both. Let us know how everything goes.
minks

Nerves!

Post by minks »

Ohhhhhhhh I wish you and your bro all the best of luck on this.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Nerves!

Post by Betty Boop »

Hoping and praying it all goes well for you Stepho!
Bez

Nerves!

Post by Bez »

Fingers (and everything else) crossed.... good luck...just KNOW eveything's going to be just fine ....

:yh_flower :yh_shamrk
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
OpenMind

Nerves!

Post by OpenMind »

Hope it works out Steph. I'll be praying for you.
cars

Nerves!

Post by cars »

I feel your pain Stepho, many people in the "medical" field even clerical ones are in the wrong profession. As they seem to have no compasion for the people who are as you said nervous! I'm myself am nervous when ever it comes to any kind of medical procedure, even "testng"! Wishing all goes good for you & your loving brother!

(Many relatives wouldn't go through what he is going through for you!)
Cars :)
abbey

Nerves!

Post by abbey »

Good luck Steph, and a big hug to your brother. :yh_hugs
chonsigirl

Nerves!

Post by chonsigirl »

Lots of prayers and good thoughts, just the usual red tape you must wade through-nursie poos and all! Your brother will do fine when confronting that certain woman!
actionfigurestepho

Nerves!

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Thanks guys, I certainly hope so. See, the situation is this: my brother has to be on his BEST behavior or they won't let him donate, because he's so young. So that means I have to take his nerves for him, and that also means if he has a problem with something, I have to be the one to call in and complain FOR him since his hands are tied. I really feel for him. I think after the surgery I'm going to lock his hospital room with that woman and let him scream at her for a little bit.

I think we both feel that rather than wanting to help us, they're trying to block us the whole way. I'm sure everyone who has gone through major surgery like this has dealt with this sort of circumstance, so that helps a little.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”