No longer a bum

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
BabyRider

No longer a bum

Post by BabyRider »

Well, I got the best news I could have gotten Saturday.

Some of you will remember the old bar I used to work at, how much I loved it, the ridiculous amounts of money I made, and the horrible, psycho bitch who was the manager and the main reason for me leaving.

Well, I'd been trying to get back in there for a while. I can see it from my house, which means I don't have to worry about not having a car right now, even in really bad weather and I really did make great money there.

Saturday night my old boss called me up and asked me if I could fill in a shift for her on Sunday, which I jumped at. After the shift she asked me if I'd come back.

Holy sh!t....BR is not an unemployed loser anymore!! What a huge relief and such a load off my mind. Everyone to the pub, drinks are on me!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

abbey

No longer a bum

Post by abbey »

BabyRider wrote: Well, I got the best news I could have gotten Saturday.

Some of you will remember the old bar I used to work at, how much I loved it, the ridiculous amounts of money I made, and the horrible, psycho bitch who was the manager and the main reason for me leaving.

Well, I'd been trying to get back in there for a while. I can see it from my house, which means I don't have to worry about not having a car right now, even in really bad weather and I really did make great money there.

Saturday night my old boss called me up and asked me if I could fill in a shift for her on Sunday, which I jumped at. After the shift she asked me if I'd come back.

Holy sh!t....BR is not an unemployed loser anymore!! What a huge relief and such a load off my mind. Everyone to the pub, drinks are on me!!!

You never was a loser luv!

Congratulations & good luck xx
chonsigirl

No longer a bum

Post by chonsigirl »

Good going BR! Glad you got the job back!
Betty Boop

No longer a bum

Post by Betty Boop »

Congrats!!
Rapunzel

No longer a bum

Post by Rapunzel »

Congrats BR & well done, thats fab news :yh_clap

All you have to do now is be a little sneaky and get psycho woman to leave ........

then you can have her job too....plus a payrise! hehehehehe :wah:
minks

No longer a bum

Post by minks »

Whooooweeee bring those new fangled drink mixers to BP's anytime ya can

Congrats
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Tombstone

No longer a bum

Post by Tombstone »

Congratulations! Next thing we know, you'll be buying place!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
nvalleyvee

No longer a bum

Post by nvalleyvee »

Tombstone wrote: Congratulations! Next thing we know, you'll be buying place!

DITTO on that one. Congrats BR, I know you must feel better - BTW - you were never a BUM!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Valerie100

No longer a bum

Post by Valerie100 »

Congratulations! Your flexibility paid off.

No one is a loser. I know you wouldn't tell God that you were a loser, because you didn't have a job. God would have disagreed with you on that point, I'm sure. He doesn't make junk.

Expect miracles, because you are one :-6
CountryDweller

No longer a bum

Post by CountryDweller »

Way to go BR! Happy for you that you got your job back!!!!

Ah, ummm....how do ya make a Bahama Mama drink?
theia

No longer a bum

Post by theia »

Congratulations, BR. Well done :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Clint

No longer a bum

Post by Clint »

Congratulations BR!!! If you keep them intertained there like you do us here, you will be swimming in tips.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Accountable

No longer a bum

Post by Accountable »

I'm really happy for ya, BR! Wish I could come in to sing for you. :guitarist
actionfigurestepho

No longer a bum

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Yay! I hope it's even more fun for you now than it was back in the day.
Nomad

No longer a bum

Post by Nomad »

BabyRider wrote: Well, I got the best news I could have gotten Saturday.

If this means you wont be here when I need you to be here (for harassment & terrorizing purposes) then the answer is NO ! Absolutely not ! You are here for my entertainment and unless you can get a shift in the day (excluding weekends) then you just call them back and tell them to find someone else.
I AM AWESOME MAN
cars

No longer a bum

Post by cars »

Congrats BR, see they couldn't get along without you!!! I'm sure "She" cought hell every day from the regulars there who missed you. :-6
Cars :)
Jives

No longer a bum

Post by Jives »

Ahem. Referring to yourself as a loser is like calling Einstein a retard. You are NOT a bum.

Do you have any strategy to cope with the psycho-bitch? Surely the very action of inviting you back should send her some kind of message.:o
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”