Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
qsducks

What are you having or had for dinner?

Post by qsducks »

I love these...

Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1183367 wrote: Just wrote them down on a piece of paper...will try them of course. Do you get Chinese egg rolls?
We call them Pancake Rolls here babe and I used to make them often but cant be bothered now but yes still buy them and love them;):-4
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1183501 wrote: We call them Pancake Rolls here babe and I used to make them often but cant be bothered now but yes still buy them and love them;):-4

Hubs likes them in mustard sauce but I dip them in DUCK SAUCE:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1183504 wrote: Hubs likes them in mustard sauce but I dip them in DUCK SAUCE:yh_rotfl:yh_rotflOMG.....You eat ye own:eek::driving:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1183507 wrote: OMG.....You eat ye own:eek::driving:

No way...dip them into this...

Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1183509 wrote: No way...dip them into this...

Ye but didnt ye relations go in that jar to make it:-3:-1:-1:-1
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1183514 wrote: Ye but didnt ye relations go in that jar to make it:-3:-1:-1:-1

I don't think so:thinking:.:wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1183517 wrote: I don't think so:thinking:.:wah:Phew.....I was really worried :guitarist:guitarist
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1183521 wrote: Phew.....I was really worried :guitarist:guitarist

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl...omg, hubs ran over one of Quin's rubber ducks in the driveway...poor rubber thing was squished:-1. Off to duck heaven it went:wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1183524 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl...omg, hubs ran over one of Quin's rubber ducks in the driveway...poor rubber thing was squished:-1. Off to duck heaven it went:wah:Quin plays with rubber ducks.....ahhhh thats nice:D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1183528 wrote: Quin plays with rubber ducks.....ahhhh thats nice:D

Yes, in the tub and the pool. He has loads of them...that is where my FG name comes from. Qsducks (Quin's ducks):-4 Ah, he is my sweet baby..well the only one who doesn't give me any flack at the mo.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1183529 wrote: Yes, in the tub and the pool. He has loads of them...that is where my FG name comes from. Qsducks (Quin's ducks):-4 Ah, he is my sweet baby..well the only one who doesn't give me any flack at the mo.He did sound cute when I spoke to him I have to say and glad he liked my accent:wah: and me calling you Mummy:D;)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1183535 wrote: He did sound cute when I spoke to him I have to say and glad he liked my accent:wah: and me calling you Mummy:D;)

He's still calling me mummy:wah:. Kathy Ellen has talked to him several times and they gab on for over 5 min or so...:-4. It's weird though, as he likes to talk semi british chat thanks to that silly movie we have...What a Girl Wants. Oh, and he also meows:wah: & I have to meow back 3 times which means I love you. Yes, I'm enjoying my young one for all it's worth.:-4
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1183551 wrote: He's still calling me mummy:wah:. Kathy Ellen has talked to him several times and they gab on for over 5 min or so...:-4. It's weird though, as he likes to talk semi british chat thanks to that silly movie we have...What a Girl Wants. Oh, and he also meows:wah: & I have to meow back 3 times which means I love you. Yes, I'm enjoying my young one for all it's worth.:-4Fab;):-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Dinner tonight is leftovers from last night. OMG, that sausage was sooo hot!:wah: But will serve it with penne pasta with mozzerella cheese.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

And garlic bread too!:-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Tonight is NY strip steak marinated in Montreal seasoning sauce, potato patties & broccoli.:-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

It's pizza Friday...yeay!!!!:-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

We had Philly cheesesteaks with extra cheese...I know..very bad for cholesterol..hey but's it's Friday!:wah:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

A tuna sandwich with chips. Oh, a Milkyway candybar too. Yummmmmmmm
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Last night for Mother's Day we had flank steak, potato patties & garlic asparagus and a dessert I made up...actually my angel food cake was a dud so I substituted brownies with strawberries & whipped cream. Every ounce of that dinner disappeared.:-6
Lon

Post by Lon »

Last nights dinner was Baby Back Ribs St. Louis Style with Mediterranean Summer Salad and a bottle of Pinot Noir.

Attached files
Odie

Post by Odie »

I made strawberry shortcake!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Odie;1187241 wrote: I made strawberry shortcake!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

OH NO!!! NOT FOR DINNER:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

lon;1187258 wrote: oh no!!! Not for dinner:wah:

just had nooooooooo energy to cook!

Sponge cake was already made, threw tons of strawberries and whip cream on top.......:D.

Psst.......don`t tell anyone.:sneaky:
cogob

Post by cogob »

Tonight probably Turkey breast cooked in the oven and basted lightly with honey with Jersey Royals and asparagus...
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Last night we had tacos but not until 8pm...the game backed us up a bit. Tonight is stuffed peppers with rice, ground beef & tomato sauce. Maybe I'll throw in some peas.
Odie

Post by Odie »

tonight I am making myself tacos.........yes!
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Odie;1187650 wrote: tonight I am making myself tacos.........yes!
Ohhh, that sounds good. Maybe taco salad for us tonight.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1187662 wrote: Ohhh, that sounds good. Maybe taco salad for us tonight.

COPYCAT!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Lon

Post by Lon »

Odie;1187650 wrote: tonight I am making myself tacos.........yes!

Tacos aren't Tacos unless you apply lots of Habanero Sauce on them.

Attached files
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Odie;1187241 wrote: I made strawberry shortcake!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

LOL, ODIE!!! Yum, yum!!!

I am a good cook but sometimes my hubby picks up dinner on the way home. We are having Chinese Mexican takeout. Sounds weird but it's great!!! The resaurant is called Chino Bandito. LOL! They've been featured on "Diners, Drive- ins and Dives on Foodnetwork.:)
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
Odie

Post by Odie »

daBunnyWendy7;1187765 wrote: LOL, ODIE!!! Yum, yum!!!

I am a good cook but sometimes my hubby picks up dinner on the way home. We are having Chinese Mexican takeout. Sounds weird but it's great!!! The resaurant is called Chino Bandito. LOL! They've been featured on "Diners, Drive- ins and Dives on Foodnetwork.:)

see, your a good cook, I hate cooking!:-5

Chinese Mexican? worth a try for sure!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Lon;1187760 wrote: Tacos aren't Tacos unless you apply lots of Habanero Sauce on them.

oh god, just can't be hot, noooooooooooo!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Odie;1187667 wrote: COPYCAT!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Actually had leftovers Odie. Saving the taco salad for another day. Didn;t have enough of the right ingredients to make it tonight. :-3
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1187852 wrote: Actually had leftovers Odie. Saving the taco salad for another day. Didn;t have enough of the right ingredients to make it tonight. :-3

I just buy the kit..........

lots for leftovers tonight.:D
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I have a lamb madras simmering on the stove ready for the boss when she gets home :D
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Spaghetti & meatballs tonight with garlic bread. I'm outta the bread I like so I'll use hotdog rolls instead with some parmesan cheese.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

I was so wiped out from yard work that I just had a Chicken and cheese hot pocket and some Bugles with dip. Lazy dinner in front of the TV and loved every minute of it. :D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1187997 wrote: I was so wiped out from yard work that I just had a Chicken and cheese hot pocket and some Bugles with dip. Lazy dinner in front of the TV and loved every minute of it. :D

I made for last night sloppy joes stuffed into bell peppers, french fries, etc.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Snowfire;1187986 wrote: I have a lamb madras simmering on the stove ready for the boss when she gets home :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

what time are we eating?:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Lon

Post by Lon »

qsducks;1187995 wrote: Spaghetti & meatballs tonight with garlic bread. I'm outta the bread I like so I'll use hotdog rolls instead with some parmesan cheese.

WHAT---------NO SALAD OR WINE? WHAT SACRILEDGE. :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Lon;1188083 wrote: WHAT---------NO SALAD OR WINE? WHAT SACRILEDGE. :wah:

There's fresh basil, parsely, oregano in my sauce. None of that jarred stuff. Don't really care for wine though.:wah:
Lon

Post by Lon »

Ahhh----------Grilled Coho Salmon, spinach, yam-----Chablis wine

Attached files
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

I want what Lon had. I so long for some good salmon. Only one place here in town that cooks it right and it is far to expensive for me. I wish I knew how to cook it properly...any help on that would be appreciated.

I had a hot dog and chips. That was three hours ago and I am still burping the hot dog. ewwwwwwwwwwww. hic
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Sunshine;1188377 wrote: I want what Lon had. I so long for some good salmon. Only one place here in town that cooks it right and it is far to expensive for me. I wish I knew how to cook it properly...any help on that would be appreciated.

I had a hot dog and chips. That was three hours ago and I am still burping the hot dog. ewwwwwwwwwwww. hic

I usually cook mine in the oven wrapped in foil.. you can rub a bit butter over it first if yu like and season with some black pepper... or whatever you fancy really. I think the trick is ,, it never takes as long to cook as you think it would:sneaky: thats mu hubs downfall when cooking,, he always has to "make sure" its properly cooked so usually overcooks it:rolleyes:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1188377 wrote: I want what Lon had. I so long for some good salmon. Only one place here in town that cooks it right and it is far to expensive for me. I wish I knew how to cook it properly...any help on that would be appreciated.

kazalala;1188434 wrote: I usually cook mine in the oven wrapped in foil.. you can rub a bit butter over it first if yu like and season with some black pepper... or whatever you fancy really. I think the trick is ,, it never takes as long to cook as you think it would:sneaky: thats mu hubs downfall when cooking,, he always has to "make sure" its properly cooked so usually overcooks it:rolleyes:

I buy the farm raised stuff from the grocery store and shake some lemon pepper on it, broil it for about 4 min. each side. Kids love it:-4
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

I always seem to over cook it. do you judge the cooking time by how thick the peice is? I have also heard that farm raised salmon is not the way to go.

Nutrition

Salmon is low in saturated fats and calories, contains high levels of protein and healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are consider essential because our body cannot naturally produce them, but can be founds in foods like salmon. It also an extremely good source in other nutrients including selenium, niacin and vitamin B12 along with being a good source in many other vitamins and minerals. Wild salmon is far more nutritious in terms of fat and protein content. Wild fish contain 20% more protein, 20% less fat and are in general much smaller. Even being fattier, farmed raised contain much less usable omega-3 fatty acids and and contain higher levels of omega-6 fatty acids. The lower the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids. Wild fish in general contain a much more favorable ratio of omega-3’s to omega-6. The ratio for salmon is 15:1 for wild as compared to 3:1 for farmed raised.

Love salmon like I said. I may have to pick some up tomorrow and try it again. Thanks for the cooking information. :-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1188665 wrote: I always seem to over cook it. do you judge the cooking time by how thick the peice is? I have also heard that farm raised salmon is not the way to go.

Nutrition

Salmon is low in saturated fats and calories, contains high levels of protein and healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are consider essential because our body cannot naturally produce them, but can be founds in foods like salmon. It also an extremely good source in other nutrients including selenium, niacin and vitamin B12 along with being a good source in many other vitamins and minerals. Wild salmon is far more nutritious in terms of fat and protein content. Wild fish contain 20% more protein, 20% less fat and are in general much smaller. Even being fattier, farmed raised contain much less usable omega-3 fatty acids and and contain higher levels of omega-6 fatty acids. The lower the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids. Wild fish in general contain a much more favorable ratio of omega-3’s to omega-6. The ratio for salmon is 15:1 for wild as compared to 3:1 for farmed raised.

Love salmon like I said. I may have to pick some up tomorrow and try it again. Thanks for the cooking information. :-4

I tried the smoked salmon with my brood...went over like a lead balloon:-5...they weren't impressed. I'm sure if they tried salmon in a restaurant, they would love it. Will have to look for the wild salmon next time. Surprise them...me, I don't care for it.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Sunshine;1188665 wrote: I always seem to over cook it. do you judge the cooking time by how thick the peice is? I have also heard that farm raised salmon is not the way to go.

Nutrition

I dont know about there but here you can ask the fishmonger advice on how long to cook for etc. some will evn give you recipe tips:Dsame with the butchers for meat:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “The Kitchen”