If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested?

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1433831 wrote: If your not interested in God, then why does your interest stand out?

If your not concerned with God, then why are you so concerned with him?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm concerned about you. What brings on this recent bombardment? Because that's what it feels like. Are you screaming for help or something?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1433874 wrote: I'm concerned about you. What brings on this recent bombardment? Because that's what it feels like. Are you screaming for help or something?

I got nothing better to do.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Mickiel;1433878 wrote: I got nothing better to do.

Must you take it out on us? Write about something else for a change.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1433880 wrote: Must you take it out on us? Write about something else for a change.

I am not " Taking anything out on anyone"; I am expressing myself. I am curious, just what subject would YOU like me to write on?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Yourself. What you like to do. What you hate to do. What you think of besides God. Anything else. Once in a while. For a change.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1433883 wrote: Yourself. What you like to do. What you hate to do. What you think of besides God. Anything else. Once in a while. For a change.

I like writing; I hate pain; I hate shaving; I like Ice Cream; I hate insect bites;

and I rarely think of anything besides God.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1433880 wrote: Must you take it out on us? Write about something else for a change.

You don't have to read it you know!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1433883 wrote: Yourself. What you like to do. What you hate to do. What you think of besides God. Anything else. Once in a while. For a change.

Do you really have that much against God? Is it really that much of a bother to you? When I first came to this board years ago and personally saw Atheist take it over, I NEVER asked any Atheist to talk about anything else other than what they were discussing.

And I still don't do that. I don't even post here every day, or every week or every month; but this may change that; I don't think its right of you to tell me to write about somethingelse.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1433887 wrote: You don't have to read it you know!

I can't speak for Anne but to me you are a lost soul but there is always hope of enlightenment. If you're talking you might be thinking as well.

Meanwhile may this brighten your day.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1433904 wrote: I can't speak for Anne but to me you are a lost soul but there is always hope of enlightenment. If you're talking you might be thinking as well.

Meanwhile may this brighten your day.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

I am curious, why are you reading what a lost soul has to say? I mean if I think someones mind is lost, I don't read what they have to say.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1433911 wrote: I am curious, why are you reading what a lost soul has to say? I mean if I think someones mind is lost, I don't read what they have to say.

Once upon a time for a Christian the road to salvation was through following the teachings if the catholic church any rejection of that was heresy then the protestant reformation came along and the road to salvation was through a personal relationship with jesus after much bloodshed and with a legacy of hatred carefully hidden away Christians on the whole tend not to kill each other over religious differences very much nowadays. (interestingly enough the arguments between sunni and shia bear remarkable similarities that that between catholic and protestant, perhaps because they are based on the same ancient texts. )

A lost soul used to mean one that had left the catholic church or one that had left some religious denomination or other and was then ostracised by their former communities having lost their faith they were "lost". Nowadays the meaning is slightly different - someone who has lost their way in life or for some reason their sense of self is damaged or who is simply just looking. Religion is like the person you ask for directions on a journey. The one with the map and compass may not actually know how to use them and a firm opinion and belief does not make them right. Best work out your own way.

Not being religious I don't people as being worthy or not worthy. All are worth getting to know whether they be lost souls or religious fanatics the best way to defeat prejudice and hatred is get to know what you fear or have been told you should fear.

I find it sad so many religious people want tio cut off contact with others who do not share their faith and are ready to listen when told they are not worthy. It's a recipe for warfare.

You are still questioning, even if you are only talking to yourself. I think that is a good thing. By the way I am not suggesting I have any answers for you I'm just a passing ship making my way on the sea of questions.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1434013 wrote: Once upon a time for a Christian the road to salvation was through following the teachings if the catholic church any rejection of that was heresy then the protestant reformation came along and the road to salvation was through a personal relationship with jesus after much bloodshed and with a legacy of hatred carefully hidden away Christians on the whole tend not to kill each other over religious differences very much nowadays. (interestingly enough the arguments between sunni and shia bear remarkable similarities that that between catholic and protestant, perhaps because they are based on the same ancient texts. )

A lost soul used to mean one that had left the catholic church or one that had left some religious denomination or other and was then ostracised by their former communities having lost their faith they were "lost". Nowadays the meaning is slightly different - someone who has lost their way in life or for some reason their sense of self is damaged or who is simply just looking. Religion is like the person you ask for directions on a journey. The one with the map and compass may not actually know how to use them and a firm opinion and belief does not make them right. Best work out your own way.

Not being religious I don't people as being worthy or not worthy. All are worth getting to know whether they be lost souls or religious fanatics the best way to defeat prejudice and hatred is get to know what you fear or have been told you should fear.

I find it sad so many religious people want tio cut off contact with others who do not share their faith and are ready to listen when told they are not worthy. It's a recipe for warfare.

You are still questioning, even if you are only talking to yourself. I think that is a good thing. By the way I am not suggesting I have any answers for you I'm just a passing ship making my way on the sea of questions.

In my view, the arguement between Sunni and Shia was started by a paticular wife of Muhammad who had disagreements with certain things and certain perceived law, which in my view has absolutely no similaritys between the chasm in the church started by the scientific revolution; science grew tired of church dictated science and wanted the freedom to give the universe a meaning other than God. And the revolution in the church was a similar rebellion, people grew tired of church apostles always being the source of knowledge and wanted the freedom of receiving knowledge on their own. This is why the Jews hated Muhammad, because he claimed personal revelation, and went outside of their boxed in religion.

I resent you calling me a lost soul, you know absolutely nothing of who I am or where I am, other than what I choose to tell you; I would never call you lost. I may disagree with you on things, but I hold absolutely no right whatever to claim what direction you are on or condition you are in. But you have done so with me, and I cannot respect such judgemental observation.

If you think I am lost, then stop reading what I have to say; and go read those you respect.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"I resent you calling me a lost soul"

You seem to resent a lot of stuff.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434040 wrote: "I resent you calling me a lost soul"

You seem to resent a lot of stuff.

I disagree with your excessive judgement of me. I resent things, but not a lot of things. I resent being mis characterized; I resent name calling; I resent intelligence that treats people with ignorance; I resent that W.C.Fields is dead; I resent others trying to limit or catagorize what I have to say; I resent the changes the government sends you through in order to retire and get your own benefits that you have worked for all your life; I resent that I can't get a date with Halle Berry; I resent the disruption of meaningless attacks on discussion boards; I resent that I stopped my Conan the Barbarian comic subscription;

And I resent that my resentions are being resented.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

You seem to have a good sense of humor. If I may say so, it appears I bring out the best in you.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434047 wrote: You seem to have a good sense of humor. If I may say so, it appears I bring out the best in you.

Well don't let it be me who looks to keep you from polishing yourself and getting the shine; this is the first time I can remember someone taking the credit for my sense of humor.

If I may say so, the best in me has nothing to do with any one here. But certain women I have " Had", did bring out the best in me.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I give up. No, really, I give up.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Mickiel;1434050 wrote: someone taking the credit for my sense of humor..

Dude...she was trying to give you a compliment. Seriously, Mikiel, your personality is more convoluted than a bowl of spaghetti in a tornado.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Saint_;1434065 wrote: Dude...she was trying to give you a compliment. Seriously, Mikiel, your personality is more convoluted than a bowl of spaghetti in a tornado.

I don't know who you are, but I don't speak to those who call me names, I am not into such meaninglessness. I will never speak to you again.

Peace on your journey.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434056 wrote: I give up. No, really, I give up.

Then peace on your journey.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I understand that there exist differing styles of communication, but I hold no interest in communication that personally insults others personage. I can disagree with someone without demeaning their personage. I hold no interest in slander and sarcasm that I consider scarcasm. Perhaps not a real term, but you know what I mean by scars. This thread is mainly about " Interests', and I hold no interest in useless name calling in debate.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1434023 wrote: In my view, the arguement between Sunni and Shia was started by a paticular wife of Muhammad who had disagreements with certain things and certain perceived law, which in my view has absolutely no similaritys between the chasm in the church started by the scientific revolution; science grew tired of church dictated science and wanted the freedom to give the universe a meaning other than God. And the revolution in the church was a similar rebellion, people grew tired of church apostles always being the source of knowledge and wanted the freedom of receiving knowledge on their own. This is why the Jews hated Muhammad, because he claimed personal revelation, and went outside of their boxed in religion.

I resent you calling me a lost soul, you know absolutely nothing of who I am or where I am, other than what I choose to tell you; I would never call you lost. I may disagree with you on things, but I hold absolutely no right whatever to claim what direction you are on or condition you are in. But you have done so with me, and I cannot respect such judgemental observation.

If you think I am lost, then stop reading what I have to say; and go read those you respect.

Similar is not the same as identical, in a broad sense there are remarkable similarities. Do you find your own way to god or have to follow a set book of rules, but I'm not going to debate it with you it's an opinion of mine which I can back up in general terms not something I need to convince others off. Besides you seem someone who needs a yes or no conclusion with someone right or wrong with no shades of gray. the similaroties say more about the nature of man than they do about god. However, similar is a concept you perhaps have difficulty with.

I resent you calling me a lost soul, you know absolutely nothing of who I am or where I am, other than what I choose to tell you;

Resent all you wish. Go back to talking to yourself in a darkened room alone with your computer the choice is yours to make. Maybe god is listening after all.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

[QUOTE=gmc;1434120

Resent all you wish. Go back to talking to yourself in a darkened room alone with your computer the choice is yours to make. Maybe god is listening after all.

Our discussion is finished; I hold absolutely no need to speak with those who choose to speak with me like this. Peace on your journey.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Many Atheist are interested in God, many are not. Many Theist are interested in unbelief, many are not; this is actually a " Balance", a type of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Not that Atheist are evil, they are not; the fable and myth of " Unbelief is evil;" the concept of unbelief is the evil; the thought put out that there is no God, was put out by God and satan; so you cannot latch evil " Into an unbeliever", just because they don't believe or are not interested. They have latched onto an evil concept, but do not see its evil. It is absolutely no doubt about it, the concept of there being no God, is an evil concept, but the concept was hatched in a predestined manner that will result in the good for all of humanity. The big picture is often hard to see because the mind looking at it is small.

Why are you interested in God , if you are not interested?

Well because that interest and the true source of it, is just more powerful than you!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested? And why do you fight that interest? Why are you scared to admit your interest?

Where do you think it comes from?

More important, where is your interest or lack of it going?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your interested, your just interested; why not honor the interest by investigating the interest.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If anyone, honestly studies God for 30 days; honestly; and examine him in history, archaeology, Jesus history, biblical history, belief in human history, the influence of God and the human consciousness of God, along with the science of God, for 30 days;

I personally don't see how they could come out of that study with no interest in God.
Oblivion4463

Post by Oblivion4463 »

There interest is not in god, there interest is in truth. That is why they are on here because people that believe in god say that he is the truth and atheist are saying that those that worship god dont know the truth because they are going off of faith and not facts. If your going off of faith(meaning something you dont understand other wise it wouldnt be faith) then your in blindness because faith is blind. If faith is blind then the person believing is blind and how can the blind lead the blind? Its called blind faith or in other words its just called faith.

Ignorance is the root of all sin and sin is the root of all evil. the only way to defeat ignorance/evil is to find facts and knowledge and when that is done you dont need faith at all because you know because of the facts. Blind faith is ignorance because it is not based off of truth because the truth is not hidden from anyone. If he is the way then why does god promote and praise blind faith and condemn those that challenge god for good reasons?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Oblivion4463;1436166 wrote: There interest is not in god, there interest is in truth. That is why they are on here because people that believe in god say that he is the truth and atheist are saying that those that worship god dont know the truth because they are going off of faith and not facts. If your going off of faith(meaning something you dont understand other wise it wouldnt be faith) then your in blindness because faith is blind. If faith is blind then the person believing is blind and how can the blind lead the blind? Its called blind faith or in other words its just called faith.

Ignorance is the root of all sin and sin is the root of all evil. the only way to defeat ignorance/evil is to find facts and knowledge and when that is done you dont need faith at all because you know because of the facts. Blind faith is ignorance because it is not based off of truth because the truth is not hidden from anyone. If he is the way then why does god promote and praise blind faith and condemn those that challenge god for good reasons?

You have to ask someone who has faith; I don't have any faith; I believe in God for the facts I have long listed in another thread.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm so glad you two might have found each other to talk with. Don't ruin this Mikiel.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1436180 wrote: I'm so glad you two might have found each other to talk with. Don't ruin this Mikiel.

I know I will not be speaking with you any more; after your senseless attempt to get me banned, and childish way of handling it; I want no more to do with you. You won't see me on your threads, and I hope not to see your deception on mine.

Peace in your life.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Really sad to have to put a second person on ignore in my six years here. But hey, if you want peace, your just going to have to ignore some people.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Mickiel;1436187 wrote: I know I will not be speaking with you any more; after your senseless attempt to get me banned, and childish way of handling it; I want no more to do with you. You won't see me on your threads, and I hope not to see your deception on mine.

Peace in your life.

YAY!!!!

Just hope you can be friends with Oblivion. He seems nice.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your not interested in God then why are you so curious about him? Why does he live in your thoughts? Why is he a part of your mindset?

Why do you pretend that you can think about God and not be interested?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The time will come when world interest will be forced toward God;

and then no one will be able to log off.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your not interested in God, the time is approaching that you will be.

Its academic!

Its your destiny.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your not interested in God, then why is the thought of him so alive in your consciousness?

Why is a myth bugging you so much?

Is it because the reality of the myth is greater than your personal objection to it?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your not interested in God, then why are you still so interested? Well its because he has a space in your consciousness that cannot be removed. He is just there; looming and existing;

and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Nothing but express your interest in your own way.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your not concerned with God, then why are you so concerned???
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If God is not real, why does he exist in our history, our present and our future?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your not " into God", then explain to me why he is so much " In you?" Why do you think about him? Why are you talking about him? Why are you fighting him?

Why are you resisting him? And why resist the idea of something that is not real?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ask the visitors to Forum Garden, why they are so interested in the Religious discussion thread?

And the ask the old Atheist members why that irritates them so much?

Why not change the Garden to Atheist only membership? And disfellowship all religious members?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Could you explain what this word disfellowship means, please ?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

G#Gill;1446326 wrote: Could you explain what this word disfellowship means, please ?

It means put people out of a group that you think don't fit in.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

G#Gill:

The word disfellowship is primarily used by the Jehovah's Witnesses, & is not grammatical out of the context the Witnesses use it, which means to shun.

When atheists & agnostics & disbelievers of any kind are harassed, they are also being shunned.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”