And now for something completely different...

kensloft

Post by kensloft »

RedSoxFan wrote: Nope. Dont want to get too much into the details but I know a few people within the organiztion, that are high up on the ladder.
What do you know about the Blue Jay organization?
koan

Post by koan »

I've got a great table saw too. It's great for ripping strips off things.
koan

Post by koan »

When all else fails I break out the skilsaw. It's good for just about everything.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

JAB wrote: They're rather similar to the Cardinals but a tad weaker than the Eagles and Seahawks,
Don't forget that they are Raptors. And they won the World Series twice.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: I've got a great table saw too. It's great for ripping strips off things.
A woman with tools. :-4 I'm in love!
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: When all else fails I break out the skilsaw. It's good for just about everything.
Do you have the one with the laser guide?
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: Do you have the one with the laser guide?
Nope. It's got a lamp though. :-6
koan

Post by koan »

I remember going outside one summer night during an electrical storm and standing in the pouring rain, conducting lightning.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

I was out tonight and the moon is not full!
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Nope. It's got a lamp though. :-6
Good for dark, unlit interiors?
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: Good for dark, unlit interiors?
Good for when I don't feel like going home and keep working past dark. :yh_giggle
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Good for when I don't feel like going home and keep working past dark. :yh_giggle
Good enough for finding the keyhole in the dark kind o' light?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

You wouldn't have to bang on the door to get the door opened so that you could find an outlet to make the lamp work would you?
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

kensloft wrote: What do you know about the Blue Jay organization?

Well of the top of my head:

Correct me if im wrong,

In 1976 the American League voted to expand to Toronto. First player aquired was Phil Roof. In 1977 they had thier first spring training game and won 3-1. And won thier first game ever 9-5 over the White Sox. Rico Carty and John Mayberry joined the Jays in 1978. Doug Stieb was the first winning pitcher for the Jays going 11-10 in 1981. In 1983 they had thier first winning season and became somewhat of contenders. The Jays had thier first playoff series aginst the Royals in 1985, losing in 7 games. In 1986 Damaso Garcia got his 1000th hit with the Jays. George Bell was AL MVP in 1987. Stieb threw 3 one-hitters for them in 1988. In 1989 they made it back to the playoffs only to lose to the A's in 5 games in the ALCS. In 1991 they again lost in the ALCS to the Twinkies this time. They made it back to the playoffs in 92' and finnally won the championship over the Braves and then won it again the next year over the Phillies for a repeat. Aquired Roger Clemens in 1997 and he won the Cy Young with them. In 1998 they got the "juiced up" Jose Canseco. Since then they have had some ok seasons and some bad ones but, really havent been a contender.
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

RedSoxFan wrote: Well of the top of my head:

Correct me if im wrong,

In 1976 the American League voted to expand to Toronto. First player aquired was Phil Roof. In 1977 they had thier first spring training game and won 3-1. And won thier first game ever 9-5 over the White Sox. Rico Carty and John Mayberry joined the Jays in 1978. Doug Stieb was the first winning pitcher for the Jays going 11-10 in 1981. In 1983 they had thier first winning season and became somewhat of contenders. The Jays had thier first playoff series aginst the Royals in 1985, losing in 7 games. In 1986 Damaso Garcia got his 1000th hit with the Jays. George Bell was AL MVP in 1987. Stieb threw 3 one-hitters for them in 1988. In 1989 they made it back to the playoffs only to lose to the A's in 5 games in the ALCS. In 1991 they again lost in the ALCS to the Twinkies this time. They made it back to the playoffs in 92' and finnally won the championship over the Braves and then won it again the next year over the Phillies for a repeat. Aquired Roger Clemens in 1997 and he won the Cy Young with them. In 1998 they got the "juiced up" Jose Canseco. Since then they have had some ok seasons and some bad ones but, really havent been a contender.

You forgot to mention tht the first game was played in wintry, snowy weather.
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

kensloft wrote: You forgot to mention tht the first game was played in wintry, snowy weather.

Actually, I was going to but decided not to.
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

RedSoxFan wrote: Actually, I was going to but decided not to.
What do you know about hockey?
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

kensloft wrote: What do you know about hockey?

To tell you the truth, Im not a big Hockey fan. It is a shame that they had to cancel the season though. I do enjoy watching playoff hockey. But ill watch the highlights on ESPN during the season to kinda stay up on it. But dont really know that much about the sport. I know that they had to cancel the season because the Players Union and Owners(I think) couldnt come to agreements on the salary cap, or somthing like that. Didnt the owners want the cap to be at 42.5M and the PU wanted it at like 47M?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

RedSoxFan wrote: To tell you the truth, Im not a big Hockey fan. It is a shame that they had to cancel the season though. I do enjoy watching playoff hockey. But ill watch the highlights on ESPN during the season to kinda stay up on it. But dont really know that much about the sport. I know that they had to cancel the season because the Players Union and Owners(I think) couldnt come to agreements on the salary cap, or somthing like that. Didnt the owners want the cap to be at 42.5M and the PU wanted it at like 47M?
Something like that. What other sports are of interest to you?
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

kensloft wrote: Something like that. What other sports are of interest to you?

I like football, but I don't have a Favorite Team. I just pick a good game on Sunday, invite the guys over and have some beer, and a BBQ.

I'm a big fan of college basketball. My favorite team is KU. Have you filled out your bracket yet?

I'm an avid Golfer, I try to play twice a week. I'm a big Tiger Woods fan and Ernie Els.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

RedSoxFan wrote: I like football, but I don't have a Favorite Team. I just pick a good game on Sunday, invite the guys over and have some beer, and a BBQ.

I'm a big fan of college basketball. My favorite team is KU. Have you filled out your bracket yet?

I'm an avid Golfer, I try to play twice a week. I'm a big Tiger Woods fan and Ernie Els.
Twice a week all season or do you go to where the weather is warm enough to play.
koan

Post by koan »

At work today it rained for three hours. Then it was sunny. Then it hailed mini golf balls for thirty minutes.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow? Should I build the ark?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: At work today it rained for three hours. Then it was sunny. Then it hailed mini golf balls for thirty minutes.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow? Should I build the ark?
Not unless you can afford the insurance.
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

kensloft wrote: Twice a week all season or do you go to where the weather is warm enough to play.

Twice a week all year. I golf around my hometown a lot when it warm, and I take trips for the sole purpose of golfing. I love going to LA, California for a weekend to golf and various other places.
koan

Post by koan »

Insurance is yet another form of EVIL. People who make money off fear. Do not feed.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Insurance is yet another form of EVIL. People who make money off fear. Do not feed.
I take it then that you are going to cruise the oceans that the deluge will bring about without a valid insurance incase you hit a rock or something?
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: I take it then that you are going to cruise the oceans that the deluge will bring about without a valid insurance incase you hit a rock or something?
No. I'll cruise the oceans until I see an insurance agent in a boat and arrange craftily for it to hit mine then sue his insurance company.

Or just stay well away from anything which is why I would be in a boat anyway.
koan

Post by koan »

Have you ever caught yourself talking to yourself out loud while walking down the street then tried to make it look like you were singing?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: No. I'll cruise the oceans until I see an insurance agent in a boat and arrange craftily for it to hit mine then sue his insurance company.

Or just stay well away from anything which is why I would be in a boat anyway.
Yah, but if you hit the boat and don't have insurance, although you have made it his fault, they make you get a lawyer to recoup your losses. Insurance=lawyers (liars in the British accent). They might try to cheat you? Stop you from getting all you are entitled to.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

What aboout if their Insurance company's got a submarine that it uses to sink people that are trying to sue them?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Absolutely not. And if I did I would pretend that I was talking into a telephone. Up until a few years ago you couldn't use that as a cover. Now that I can use it as an excuse (I'm talking to God on our private line.) I will use it.
koan

Post by koan »

With all the money I saved on not buying insurance every year I could afford a submarine too.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: With all the money I saved on not buying insurance every year I could afford a submarine too.
Yah, but they'd be protectors of the sea and you would be a pirate?
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: Yah, but they'd be protectors of the sea and you would be a pirate?

Aye, matie. Now ye've descuvered me ye'll walk ze plank!!!
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Aye, matie. Now ye've descuvered me ye'll walk ze plank!!!
Pirate? Did you hear pirate I said... er... um... private.
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: Absolutely not. And if I did I would pretend that I was talking into a telephone. Up until a few years ago you couldn't use that as a cover. Now that I can use it as an excuse (I'm talking to God on our private line.) I will use it.
Is that because you now have a cel phone or because you now have a private line to God?
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: Pirate? Did you hear pirate I said... er... um... private.
Damn hearing aid...alright then, carry on.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Is that because you now have a cel phone or because you now have a private line to God?
I don't have a cell phone. It's a private line to God. Everyone has their own. How much they use it depends on them.
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: I don't have a cell phone. It's a private line to God. Everyone has their own. How much they use it depends on them.
Bet God's got better rate plans than FIDO too. (Get the god/dog thing) It's weak, I know.
koan

Post by koan »

hey, kensloft

I'm one post up on you as of....NOW!
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: hey, kensloft

I'm one post up on you as of....NOW!
You're whuppin' me good.
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: You're whuppin' me good.
Only if you like it :D
koan

Post by koan »

Also, the current posh spelling of cellular phone short form is cel. For some reason the second 'l' has fallen out of favour. It wasn't a typo.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Only if you like it :D
You mean there's a choice?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: Also, the current posh spelling of cellular phone short form is cel. For some reason the second 'l' has fallen out of favour. It wasn't a typo.
Aren't both still applicable. Where do lost l's go to when they are lost?
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: Aren't both still applicable. Where do lost l's go to when they are lost?
I saw a "rebel L" on Sesame Street crying "La La La". But I think it was just a spoof on Billy Idol.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: I saw a "rebel L" on Sesame Street crying "La La La". But I think it was just a spoof on Billy Idol.
Lost and rebellious L's are hanging out on Sesame Street, hmmmm?
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

That must mean that Oscar the Grouch must be the rabb'e rouser in that town.

Return to “Word Games”