Irish Health care..another screw up…

mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Once again the wonderful Irish Health system has completely screwed up and about 100 women who were tested and cleared for Breast Cancer will be receiving emergency phone calls today to make arrangements for urgent surgery as there were ‘errors’ made in their assessments.

An absolute disgrace for this ‘booming’ country.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Yeah, its great init? What a wonderful health system we have. Thanks HSE. Apparently they are screwing with the medical card system as well now and prescriptions etc etc. Cool, whats next, why not sell the contracts for the less important operations to outside contractors, like you know, O'Brien Sandwich Bars, O2, Guinness, top quality companies like that. We could house patients in the toilets at Maxol Garages, and we could get our hospital pharmaceutucal supplies from Boots (they do great deals for Christmas) that should save a few million quid a week, and with that much money we could hire at least 3 new consultants to put in grueling 30 minute a week shifts down at the K-Club. :-5
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

mikeinie;723919 wrote: Once again the wonderful Irish Health system has completely screwed up and about 100 women who were tested and cleared for Breast Cancer will be receiving emergency phone calls today to make arrangements for urgent surgery as there were ‘errors’ made in their assessments.

An absolute disgrace for this ‘booming’ country.

You're right Mike....it's an absolute disgrace :mad:

The NHS is not much better up here in NI. I have a friend who has been waiting for a mamogram for 4 months! Apparentley there are 900 women in Belfast alone on a waiting list:mad:
Very nearly perfect ... :D
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Galbally;724002 wrote: Yeah, its great init? What a wonderful health system we have. Thanks HSE. Apparently they are screwing with the medical card system as well now and prescriptions etc etc. Cool, whats next, why not sell the contracts for the less important operations to outside contractors, like you know, O'Brien Sandwich Bars, O2, Guinness, top quality companies like that. We could house patients in the toilets at Maxol Garages, and we could get our hospital pharmaceutucal supplies from Boots (they do great deals for Christmas) that should save a few million quid a week, and with that much money we could hire at least 3 new consultants to put in grueling 30 minute a week shifts down at the K-Club. :-5

Maxol would cleaner anyway....
moonpie

Post by moonpie »

Sorry to hear that Ireland is having their problems with their Health Care System. It must be similar to Canada's? in that it is socialized? In that case, it is the same old answer down to the bottom line, the almighty dollar speaks louder than anything else.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

moonpie;724018 wrote: Sorry to hear that Ireland is having their problems with their Health Care System. It must be similar to Canada's? in that it is socialized? In that case, it is the same old answer down to the bottom line, the almighty dollar speaks louder than anything else.

No, most people have to pay directly to the VHI or some other health insurance company for the privilge of being ill on government property over here, its wonderful. If you are below a certain income bracket you get medical care for free of course, (though you do have to be in the socio-economic bracket that lives in boxes on the motorway and eats flies to be elidgible). Of course if you can pay to go private then hospital is like going on a luxury weekend to Cannes with Paris Hilton. Excellent. Still, could be worse I suppose, I mean we do actually have a health service, and it is free for the poorer members of society, its just a bit screwed up at the moment (to say the least). :mad:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

mikeinie;724014 wrote: Maxol would cleaner anyway....

Damn straight. :wah:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

pinkchick;724010 wrote: You're right Mike....it's an absolute disgrace :mad:

The NHS is not much better up here in NI. I have a friend who has been waiting for a mamogram for 4 months! Apparentley there are 900 women in Belfast alone on a waiting list:mad:

I dunno PK, I have lived in England and when I was there I couldn't get over how good the U.K. health service was compared to ours, and all free except for prescription charges, the jammy gits. I never had any serious life-threatening illnesses though, so thats a different matter. As for us in the Republic, I mean we have a lot of good things down south, but a working universal health-care system ain't one of them I am afraid. :-1

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

In the news today, another 15 women incorrectly all cleared and will need to be called. I feel sorry for them.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

mikeinie;724617 wrote: In the news today, another 15 women incorrectly all cleared and will need to be called. I feel sorry for them.

My heart goes out to those poor women :-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Up Date

In the last week a number more ‘misdiagnoses’ of breast cancer have been found.

Two women have died of cancer after getting the ‘all clear’.

Now a number of women are being ‘recalled’ for screening tests and guess what... they are being required to pay their doctors for the re-tests....

There are many things I love about this country but I can assure you that the health care system is not one of them.

Return to “Health Care”