Car Help Needed

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Does anyone know anything about Kia cars? we are thinking about getting one. A Kia Magentis to be exact:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

Er sorry no:-3:driving:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Chezzie

Car Help Needed

Post by Chezzie »

What colour:-3:rolleyes:
dubs

Car Help Needed

Post by dubs »

My dad had a Kia Sedona for a few years, for towing his caravan. Damn good car, he went all round Europe in it. I drove it quite a few times, very nice handling. I like 'em! :)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

Chezzie;979995 wrote: What colour:-3:rolleyes:Pink would be nice:thinking:;):driving:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;979993 wrote: Er sorry no:-3

Chezzie;979995 wrote: What colour:-3

I told you two not to come in here:-5:-5:-5

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

dubs;980003 wrote: My dad had a Kia Sedona for a few years, for towing his caravan. Damn good car, he went all round Europe in it. I drove it quite a few times, very nice handling. I like 'em! :)

Oh well that sounds promising:DMy husband wants to use it as a taxi.

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Chezzie

Car Help Needed

Post by Chezzie »

kazalala;980007 wrote: Oh well that sounds promising:DMy husband wants to use it as a taxi.

Penguins taste nicer :-3 or a mint yoyo:D
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;980006 wrote: I told you two not to come in here:-5:-5Ye but you say that nobody takes any notice of yer threads and didnt want you to be lonely:-4:DAnyway whats wrong with pink fgs:-3:rolleyes:
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

Chezzie;980017 wrote: Penguins taste nicer :-3 or a mint yoyo:DI like KitKats:D:driving:
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;980017 wrote: Penguins taste nicer or a mint yoyo
Ha bloody ha ha ha :rolleyes::p

Carolly;980021 wrote: Ye but you say that nobody takes any notice of yer threads and didnt want you to be lonely Anyway whats wrong with pink :rolleyes:

well you lot usually come on, but its no good if you dont know what yer talkin about:rolleyes:and noooooooooooooooooooo pink!:-5

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;980007 wrote: Oh well that sounds promising:DMy husband wants to use it as a taxi.Well I wouldnt want a pink taxi:-3:sneaky::driving:
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Im gonna kill them two shortly:sneaky::-5

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Betty Boop

Car Help Needed

Post by Betty Boop »

Chezzie;980017 wrote: Penguins taste nicer :-3 or a mint yoyo:D

:wah::wah: nah, much prefer Rocky Caramel :D
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;980025 wrote: Ha bloody ha ha ha :rolleyes

well you lot usually come on, but its no good if you dont know what yer talkin about:rolleyes:and noooooooooooooooooooo pink!:-5
Dont know what Im talking about??????I was the first female cab driver in East London I will have you know:pjust used to call the AA when it went wrong and always drove Fords:D:driving:
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;980028 wrote: Im gonna kill them two shortly:sneaky::-5You wouldnt get great advice then:D:p
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Betty Boop;980029 wrote: :wah::wah: nah, much prefer Rocky Caramel :D

:rolleyes:here comes another one:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Car Help Needed

Post by Odie »

Kia has come a long way...........the are now an affordable good quality car!
Life is just to short for drama.
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

Odie;980036 wrote: Kia has come a long way...........the are now an affordable good quality car!Really:confused::-3:-2
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Odie;980036 wrote: Kia has come a long way...........the are now an affordable good quality car!

Aha! an answer that actualy refers to the threads subject! Thanks Odie:D dunno how this thread turned in to a who likes what type of choccie biccie:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Anyone know how easy it is to get parts for them, and are they expensive for parts or not:-3

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;980039 wrote: Aha! an answer that actualy refers to the threads subject! Thanks Odie:D dunno how this thread turned in to a who likes what type of choccie biccie:wah:I like Milk Chocolate Digestive as well:D:driving:
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;980042 wrote: I like Milk Digestive as well:D:driving:

:wah:oh well i made it past page two, evben though we are talking about choccie biccies instead of cars:rolleyes:I like wagon wheels:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;980041 wrote: Anyone know how easy it is to get parts for them, and are they expensive for parts or not:-3
Ive got 2 non English cars.........arm an leg job:-5:-5:sneaky:see I am helpful:p
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;980045 wrote: :wah:oh well i made it past page two, evben though we are talking about choccie biccies instead of carsI like wagon wheelsSee a record for you:D.....:-4mad about flakes:-4:-4:-4
Odie

Car Help Needed

Post by Odie »

Carolly;980038 wrote: Really:confused::-3:-2

yes, but stick to the newer ones, 2006 and up.
Betty Boop

Car Help Needed

Post by Betty Boop »

kazalala;980041 wrote: Anyone know how easy it is to get parts for them, and are they expensive for parts or not:-3

Pass, try Halfords hun, surely a google search would throw up your local dealers??
Carolly

Car Help Needed

Post by Carolly »

Odie;980049 wrote: yes, but stick to the newer ones, 2006 and up.Ok:D:driving:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ang on I aint getting one:confused::thinking::-3
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;980048 wrote: See a record for you:D.....:-4mad about flakes

:confused::-3:-5

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Odie;980049 wrote: yes, but stick to the newer ones, 2006 and up.
oh,,, think it was 2004 he was loking at, said it drove well though and was nice and big inside:D

Betty Boop;980051 wrote: Pass, try Halfords hun, surely a google search would throw up your local dealers??

Yes we have found a local dealers,, just never had a Kia before and as it would be a taxi wanted to find out a bit about them. Can afford to just change it willy nilly if its crap:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Car Help Needed

Post by Odie »

always check out other vehicles in the price range first.
Chezzie

Car Help Needed

Post by Chezzie »

Dunno why you aint thought of a fiat panda tbh:D
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

Well HUbby bumped in to someone who he hasnt seen for ages today, who happens to deal in cars, and his advice was stay well away!:eek: he says they are no good! well the model we were on about anyway:-3 so thats that:DHe has a year before he HAS to change the car so we have plenty of time to have a look now and again:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Car Help Needed

Post by qsducks »

Dear daughter has just lucked out and gotten a Honda Accord for FREE!!!!! Finally, now we can get rid of the piece of cr*p out front.:wah:
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

qsducks;981053 wrote: Dear daughter has just lucked out and gotten a Honda Accord for FREE!!!!! Finally, now we can get rid of the piece of cr*p out front.:wah:

Oh thats good! dunno what a Honda accord is like either but you cant complain when its free:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Car Help Needed

Post by qsducks »

kazalala;981055 wrote: Oh thats good! dunno what a Honda accord is like either but you cant complain when its free:wah:

They last forever. Great car.
YZGI

Car Help Needed

Post by YZGI »

Honda-good

Kia-bad

Parts for both are pricey, at least the engine parts are.
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

YZGI;981129 wrote: Honda-good

Kia-bad

thats what we were worried about really, as it would be a taxi it gets more wear and tear, anyway we are not getting one now:thinking: Hubs was actually looking at mercs as well:eek: too pricey for us. we do own a merc which we use just for our own personal use, but its a very old one:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Car Help Needed

Post by qsducks »

YZGI;981129 wrote: Honda-good

Kia-bad

I drove a 1981 Honda Civic into the ground with over 250,00 miles on it. I really miss that car. It died right in the driveway:-1 I will tell you however, it beat my 1993 Ford Explorer regarding repairs.:wah:
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

The best cars we have had have been Vauxhall, Astra's mainly but we have a Vectra now.

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Car Help Needed

Post by qsducks »

kazalala;981134 wrote: The best cars we have had have been Vauxhall, Astra's mainly but we have a Vectra now.

Kaz, invest in a Honda or a Toyota and you will be forever happy.:)
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

qsducks;981136 wrote: Kaz, invest in a Honda or a Toyota and you will be forever happy.:)

It has to be a certain type and age,, and a certain size to put on as a taxi:-3

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
gmc

Car Help Needed

Post by gmc »

kazalala;979973 wrote: Does anyone know anything about Kia cars? we are thinking about getting one. A Kia Magentis to be exact:D

I do, been looking at them myself. depreciation is horrendous which makes hem good second hand buys if you plan to hang on to it. Any car 100,000 plus is only worth smarties when you trade them in anyway. Lots of diesel sedonas used round here as taxis. Magentis heavy fuel consumption and high road tax band as well. Saw a 2006 one for £6,000 locally. Hyundai own Kia, basically same cars different badges. Have a look at them as well-lots of trajets used as taxis round here (I live near an airport, they need big cars)

Have a look at chevrolet as well (used to be daewoo,) they are owned by general motors-vauxhall astra. swop the badges around and you would difficulty telling them apart. You can pick up 2,3 yrs old lacetti estates dirt cheap now as the model has been replaced, forget the badge but it does mean depreciation is dreadful over 50% in the first year. the engines and parts are vauxhall-or opel.

Let's put it this way they are better than peugeot, citroen or renault. I'm thinking of writing a book 101 reasons not to buy a renault but I don't know enough expletives for 101

Have a look at this site.

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/

read the reviews and the readers reviews are rather enlightening.

http://www.topgear.com/
kazalala

Car Help Needed

Post by kazalala »

gmc;981150 wrote: I do, been looking at them myself. depreciation is horrendous which makes hem good second hand buys if you plan to hang on to it. Any car 100,000 plus is only worth smarties when you trade them in anyway. Lots of diesel sedonas used round here as taxis. Magentis heavy fuel consumption and high road tax band as well. Saw a 2006 one for £6,000 locally. Hyundai own Kia, basically same cars different badges. Have a look at them as well-lots of trajets used as taxis round here (I live near an airport, they need big cars)

Have a look at chevrolet as well (used to be daewoo,) they are owned by general motors-vauxhall astra. swop the badges around and you would difficulty telling them apart. You can pick up 2,3 yrs old lacetti estates dirt cheap now as the model has been replaced, forget the badge but it does mean depreciation is dreadful over 50% in the first year. the engines and parts are vauxhall-or opel.

Let's put it this way they are better than peugeot, citroen or renault. I'm thinking of writing a book 101 reasons not to buy a renault but I don't know enough expletives for 101

Thanks a lot GMC! thats very helpful:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Chezzie

Car Help Needed

Post by Chezzie »

gmc;981150 wrote: I do, been looking at them myself. depreciation is horrendous which makes hem good second hand buys if you plan to hang on to it. Any car 100,000 plus is only worth smarties when you trade them in anyway. Lots of diesel sedonas used round here as taxis. Magentis heavy fuel consumption and high road tax band as well. Saw a 2006 one for £6,000 locally. Hyundai own Kia, basically same cars different badges. Have a look at them as well-lots of trajets used as taxis round here (I live near an airport, they need big cars)

Excellent post:-6

worthy of 5 stars:D

Return to “General Chit Chat”