Help an old fish out....

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
guppy

Help an old fish out....

Post by guppy »

How did yall change your profile backgrounds..:o
spot

Help an old fish out....

Post by spot »

Search your profile page for "Customize Profile".
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
guppy

Help an old fish out....

Post by guppy »

thanks spot..lets see if i can teach this old fish any new tricks here..:wah:
kayleneaussie

Help an old fish out....

Post by kayleneaussie »

guppy;957809 wrote: thanks spot..lets see if i can teach this old fish any new tricks here..:wah:

If u work out how do it let me know...I am hopeless, even Cheezie couldnt help me:-5 so I have a boring profile :-1
FOC THREAD PART 1
guppy

Help an old fish out....

Post by guppy »

kayleneaussie;957816 wrote: If u work out how do it let me know...I am hopeless, even Cheezie couldnt help me:-5 so I have a boring profile :-1

well, let me see...in order to make a background wallpaper..you have to make an album..then upload any pics you have to that..you can then open that pic and copy the url..paste it to the part of the profile you want to (in my case royally screw up) :wah: thank god for default settings..:o
guppy

Help an old fish out....

Post by guppy »

fuzzy butt;957841 wrote: FISHY FISHY FISHY!!!!

Guppsy guppsy guppsy. OMG !!! welcome back girly girl. I'll pm you

Fuzzy! Fuzzy! Fuzzy! i have missed you!!
RedGlitter

Help an old fish out....

Post by RedGlitter »

Let me see if I can help here. :) I'll try but I am poor at explaining stuff so ask away if I'm not clear.

First you need some wallpaper. I went to Google and using the "Images" option, I searched for "backgrounds." Then I'd save those images to my computer.

Next you need to put the wallpaper in an album so you can use it. In your Control Panel you'll see "Pictures and Albums" so click on that. In the page that opens up you'll see an "Add Album" option.Use that to make your album and when you have that, just upload your wallpaper image to your album.

Next, go into the album and click on you wallpaper choice. It will open up. There will be two URLS there, choose and copy the Picture URL.

Then go back to Control Panel and click on "Customize Profile." This is where the "innards" are but don't get nervous, it can all be remedied if you goof. :)

In the first section called "Main" you will need to paste your url into the box that says "background image."

Then under the next section called "Block Borders" paste the same url in the "background image" box.

You should now have the wallpaper you selected on your profile. You can also customize the rest of your page or the text if you like. I found it easuer to just change the main background and change a few text colors but someone else who has done a really fancy profile could explain that part better than I.

Anybody? Some help here please??

These are just the basics. :)

kayleneaussie

Help an old fish out....

Post by kayleneaussie »

guppy;957821 wrote: well, let me see...in order to make a background wallpaper..you have to make an album..then upload any pics you have to that..you can then open that pic and copy the url..paste it to the part of the profile you want to (in my case royally screw up) :wah: thank god for default settings..:o

:eek::eek: Think I will put it in the too hard basket
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

Help an old fish out....

Post by kayleneaussie »

RedGlitter;957844 wrote: Let me see if I can help here. :) I'll try but I am poor at explaining stuff so ask away if I'm not clear.

First you need some wallpaper. I went to Google and using the "Images" option, I searched for "backgrounds." Then I'd save those images to my computer.

Next you need to put the wallpaper in an album so you can use it. In your Control Panel you'll see "Pictures and Albums" so click on that. In the page that opens up you'll see an "Add Album" option.Use that to make your album and when you have that, just upload your wallpaper image to your album.

Next, go into the album and click on you wallpaper choice. It will open up. There will be two URLS there, choose and copy the Picture URL.

Then go back to Control Panel and click on "Customize Profile." This is where the "innards" are but don't get nervous, it can all be remedied if you goof. :)

In the first section called "Main" you will need to paste your url into the box that says "background image."

Then under the next section called "Block Borders" paste the same url in the "background image" box.

You should now have the wallpaper you selected on your profile. You can also customize the rest of your page or the text if you like. I found it easuer to just change the main background and change a few text colors but someone else who has done a really fancy profile could explain that part better than I.

Anybody? Some help here please??

These are just the basics. :)

I have tried and tried to do the wallpaper but just couldnt do it :(
FOC THREAD PART 1
guppy

Help an old fish out....

Post by guppy »

fuzzy butt;957854 wrote: I've missed you too sweetheart!!! Computer dramas since I ( left ) has me very confined i'm afraid. I'ts hard out here internet wise out in the sticks. FG is the only place that doesn't take 3 mins to load one page.

OH I"M SO GLAD YOU"RE BACK :-4:-4:-4:p

me too!!!I am hoping i will still be able to get online later today or tonight..i am sitting up watching the weather channel..we have a tropical storm that is heading my way..gonna drop alot of rain..and bring winds..hopefully no tornadoes..never had a storm come so close to us. my daughter is so excited..she went to bed singing..schools will be closed..whohooooooooooooooooooooo.:rolleyes:
Pinky

Help an old fish out....

Post by Pinky »

Guppy!!!!!!! YAY!!!!

I am so glad to see you back here...:-4
guppy

Help an old fish out....

Post by guppy »

pinky;958386 wrote: guppy!!!!!!! Yay!!!!

I Am So Glad To See You Back Here...:-4

pinky!!!! I Have Missed You Too!!! :-4:-4:-4
Pinky

Help an old fish out....

Post by Pinky »

guppy;958507 wrote: pinky!!!! I Have Missed You Too!!! :-4:-4:-4

Are you back to stay? Please say you are, or I'll have to go psycho, lock the door and swallow the key...:D
guppy

Help an old fish out....

Post by guppy »

Pinky;958528 wrote: Are you back to stay? Please say you are, or I'll have to go psycho, lock the door and swallow the key...:D

good grief..dont want all that...lmao...:wah: I will be around..:p
WonderWendy3

Help an old fish out....

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Guppy!!! Whoooo hoooooooooo

I just wanted to feel like a part of the welcoming committee!!! It is good to see you swiming around here!! :-4:-4
Odie

Help an old fish out....

Post by Odie »

guppy;957856 wrote: me too!!!I am hoping i will still be able to get online later today or tonight..i am sitting up watching the weather channel..we have a tropical storm that is heading my way..gonna drop alot of rain..and bring winds..hopefully no tornadoes..never had a storm come so close to us. my daughter is so excited..she went to bed singing..schools will be closed..whohooooooooooooooooooooo.:rolleyes:

keep safe!
Life is just to short for drama.
G-man

Help an old fish out....

Post by G-man »

I created a tutorial for customizing profile pages here.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

guppy

Help an old fish out....

Post by guppy »

G-man;970890 wrote: I created a tutorial for customizing profile pages here.

Thank YOU!!!!:-6

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”