Start Packing Sarah

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Start Packing Sarah

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, Trig; what’s in a name? Well those are the children of Sarah Palin so you have to give her credit for creativity.

Smart gamble or dumb move, who knows, but one thing is for sure, the lack of experience argument for Republicans is kaput. From city council, to mayor, to half term governor to a heart beat (a 72 year old heart) away from President, ah, not so much. But hey, the Democrats haven’t cornered the pandering to the masses technique. :-5

Let’s see she is a woman, pro-life, pro-gun, pro drilling, conservative on spending, she is a woman – oh, I said that. How about she is a working woman who went back to work three days after giving birth, Did I miss anything, oh yes, she is young and good looking and I bet she knows how to operate a computer and iPod.

Well, all bases are covered, I’m sold. Hey Sarah, even though you have a few years to go any ideas on Social Security and Medicare? Joe asked me to ask you if you have ever been to Iraq. :wah:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

McCain might have done just as well to have picked a guy named "Hillary." I think this was an incredibly dumb move. If anything, it's insulting to the Hillary supporters that McCain is hoping to woo. Palin is just being used in the same manner that Dan Quayle was used ... she was picked just to sweeten the ticket for the election, not for running the country.

ETA: what's disturbing to wonder, is how many more people like Palin is McCain going to hire? He only met her once! I can't imagine a more reckless gamble.
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

I'm not crazy about McCain's choice but the fact is she has more executive and governing experience than Obama and Biden combined. She was making executive decisions while Obiden was making speeches about how others should make decisions.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Sheryl

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Sheryl »

Her nickname in highschool was Sara Barracuda...sounds like one tough cookie.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Clint;967458 wrote: I'm not crazy about McCain's choice but the fact is she has more executive and governing experience than Obama and Biden combined. She was making executive decisions while Obiden was making speeches about how others should make decisions.

In the case that something bad happened to one of the presidents...

Who do you feel more comfortable handing the management of two wars to ... Biden or Palin?

While experience was an issue, now the problem is age....McCain is 72. His father only lived to be 70. Life expectancy for U.S. males is 76.
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

yaaarrrgg;967467 wrote: In the case that something bad happened to one of the presidents...

Who do you feel more comfortable handing the management of two wars to ... Biden or Palin?

While experience was an issue, now the problem is age....McCain is 72. His father only lived to be 70. Life expectancy for U.S. males is 76.

You are talking to the wrong guy. I was talking to a 40 year old marathon runner one minute and unsuccessfully gave him CPR the next. Age is ony and issue to people who are grabbing at straws.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Clint;967470 wrote: You are talking to the wrong guy. I was talking to a 40 year old marathon runner one minute and unsuccessfully gave him CPR the next. Age is ony and issue to people who are grabbing at straws.

You understand that as you get older, the probabilities for death and dementia change?
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

yaaarrrgg;967473 wrote: You understand that as you get older, the probabilities for death and dementia change?

Really! My family lives into their mid 90s with sharp minds. You may apply your ageism as you please.
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Clint;967480 wrote: Really! My family lives into their mid 90s with sharp minds. You may apply your ageism as you please.

Well, guess what ... McCain isn't in your family, His father didn't live past 70.

Reagan was showing signs of dementia at the end of his term. McCain is already showing some signs of senility. That's relevant to the job.

You avoided my question too. I think you know the self-professed "hockey mom" can't handle two wars as well as Biden could. Why else would you evade the question? You also know there's a real chance she might be called to do so. Acting like this is a non-issue is self-delusional.
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

yaaarrrgg;967489 wrote: Well, guess what ... McCain isn't in your family, His father didn't live past 70.

Reagan was showing signs of dementia at the end of his term. McCain is already showing some signs of senility. That's relevant to the job.

You avoided my question too. I think you know the self-professed "hockey mom" can't handle two wars as well as Biden could. Why else would you evade the question? You also know there's a real chance she might be called to do so. Acting like this is a non-issue is self-delusional.

You say McCain is showing signs of sinility. Are you and doctor and have you examined him?

I didn't avoid your question at all. Biden has spent his whole political carreer telling others what decisions they should make and voting with his party. The Governor has more experience making executive decisions in governing than Biden and Obama combined. Obama is full of opinions but he has never been in charge of anything.
spot

Start Packing Sarah

Post by spot »

yaaarrrgg;967467 wrote: While experience was an issue, now the problem is age....McCain is 72. His father only lived to be 70. Life expectancy for U.S. males is 76.Don't we have an actuary on site? Life expectancy for U.S. males may be 76 at birth. Life expectancy for 72 year old white U.S. males who aren't alcoholics is around another 16 years. When you're discussing an individual you look at the individual, not newborns.

Palin's another Reagan in the making. I'm not sure the planet can cope with two of those in the same lifetime.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Clint;967493 wrote: You say McCain is showing signs of sinility. Are you and doctor and have you examined him?

I didn't avoid your question at all. Biden has spent his whole political carreer telling others what decisions they should make and voting with his party. The Governor has more experience making executive decisions in governing than Biden and Obama combined. Obama is full of opinions but he has never been in charge of anything.

Well then maybe she should be at the top of the ticket. By your math, McCain has no executive experience either. She's got more than Obama, McCain, and Biden put together. It might only be 20 months, but that's the best we got. We are doomed. :wah:
double helix

Start Packing Sarah

Post by double helix »

Hello everyone, its me DH from Anchorage, Alaska. Umm yeah, I've met Sarah. She really is as she presents herself. One month after getting into office she started clearing out the corruption between the oil moguls and politicians.

While at a Governors conference she went into labor with her son Conner, got on a commercial flight home and arrived just in time to have her baby. She told only her husband that she was in labor. Three days later she was back to work.

She put together a pipeline deal that is fair and balanced and doesn't pander to the oil powers. She did this after three-four administrations before her couldn't and she did it by telling the big oil conglomerates NO!

So, can Sarah lead this country if McCain should die. You bet she can!

I guess you all know where my vote is going in November!
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

spot;967500 wrote: Don't we have an actuary on site? Life expectancy for U.S. males may be 76 at birth. Life expectancy for 72 year old white U.S. males who aren't alcoholics is around another 16 years. When you're discussing an individual you look at the individual, not newborns.

Palin's another Reagan in the making. I'm not sure the planet can cope with two of those in the same lifetime.

You've also got to factor him being tortured for 5 years .. he probably should be dead several times over.

Parent longevity is also a good predictor ... I've listened to his 90 yo mother and she's not all there.

Presidency also ages a person mentally and physically.

When you add in that he can't remember simple things, like how many houses he has, or names of countries, it's not looking very good. Picking Palin is a good example of his mental decline.... he just destroyed every good reason for voting for him.
spot

Start Packing Sarah

Post by spot »

yaaarrrgg;967505 wrote: You've also got to factor him being tortured for 5 years .. he probably should be dead several times over.

Parent longevity is also a good predictor ... I've listened to his 90 yo mother and she's not all there.

Presidency also ages a person mentally and physically.

When you add in that he can't remember simple things, like how many houses he has, or names of countries, it's not looking very good. Picking Palin is a good example of his mental decline.... he just destroyed every good reason for voting for him.
Thank you yaaarrrgg. Reagan was demented too and that made no difference to his administration. Presidents don't do anything except front the people they put in place. They used to. Nixon did. Carter did. Even Gerald Ford did. Bush 2 didn't. Clinton and Bush 1 were team players within their own administration teams. Reagan gave preferences at intervals but his team went its own way a lot of the time.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
nvalleyvee

Start Packing Sarah

Post by nvalleyvee »

Clint;967458 wrote: I'm not crazy about McCain's choice but the fact is she has more executive and governing experience than Obama and Biden combined. She was making executive decisions while Obiden was making speeches about how others should make decisions.

OH Thank you........I thought it was a brilliant move.

No matter what.......a minority gets elected into office!!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

yaaarrrgg;967505 wrote: When you add in that he can't remember simple things, like how many houses he has, or names of countries, it's not looking very good. And Obama said he's visited 57 states and planned to see them all before the campaign was done, and thought he was in St Louis when he was in Kansas City. Is he senile too?

I like the Alaskan spirit. On the little I've heard of Palin, I'd be more inclined to vote for her than for Obama.
along-for-the-ride

Start Packing Sarah

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Was the general public even aware that she was in the running as Vice-President? His choice was a surprise to me as one of the "general public". Who is she? (I have since found out more info about her.) I was not surprised, however , in him choosing a "minority" Vice-President. But for those voters who are happy with the status quo..........this may be a tough decision.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
mikeinie

Start Packing Sarah

Post by mikeinie »

Well I don't hear anyone talking about Obama's running mate.

From an outider point of view, an interesting move. It could swing it his way.

Hell she should run for the President, never mind McCain.

A hot politician! It should become the norm.
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Accountable;967606 wrote: And Obama said he's visited 57 states and planned to see them all before the campaign was done, and thought he was in St Louis when he was in Kansas City. Is he senile too?

I like the Alaskan spirit. On the little I've heard of Palin, I'd be more inclined to vote for her than for Obama.

For every one flub that Obama makes, there are ten major brain farts from McCain:

When people ask him questions, notes he launches into his stump speech. When he's forced to veer off into something that requires actual reasoning, he'll resort to humor, else many of his answers have a vague feeling of confusion.
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

yaaarrrgg;967745 wrote: For every one flub that Obama makes, there are ten major brain farts from McCain:

I didn't watch the vid, but I'm guessing it's not a compare/contrast of the two candidates showing a 10/1 ratio, is it?

yaaarrrgg wrote: When people ask him questions, notes he launches into his stump speech. When he's forced to veer off into something that requires actual reasoning, he'll resort to humor, else many of his answers have a vague feeling of confusion.Another statement that applies to both candidates.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Start Packing Sarah

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

spot;967500 wrote: Don't we have an actuary on site? Life expectancy for U.S. males may be 76 at birth. Life expectancy for 72 year old white U.S. males who aren't alcoholics is around another 16 years. When you're discussing an individual you look at the individual, not newborns.

Family history and health status not withstanding if a male today makes it to 65 he has a 50% chance to live to 85 and if he makes it to 85 he has a 25% chance to live to 95. Them's the facts, the longer you live the longer you live.

There is no question that Palin was picked mainly for gaining selective group votes and apparently with little forethought beyond that, but what's new; no politician is capable of planning beyond the next election otherwise we would not have the problems we do, but the real blame lies with the people who vote based on what they want to hear not the facts or the truth, tell people the truth and you don't get elected..

What's in it for me, plain and simple.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

QUINNSCOMMENTARY;967780 wrote: Family history and health status not withstanding if a male today makes it to 65 he has a 50% chance to live to 85 and if he makes it to 85 he has a 25% chance to live to 95. Them's the facts, the longer you live the longer you live.

There is no question that Palin was picked mainly for gaining selective group votes and apparently with little forethought beyond that, but what's new; no politician is capable of planning beyond the next election otherwise we would not have the problems we do, but the real blame lies with the people who vote based on what they want to hear not the facts or the truth, tell people the truth and you don't get elected..

What's in it for me, plain and simple.
Yup Yup Yup!! :yh_clap
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

yaaarrrgg;967502 wrote: Well then maybe she should be at the top of the ticket. By your math, McCain has no executive experience either. She's got more than Obama, McCain, and Biden put together. It might only be 20 months, but that's the best we got. We are doomed. :wah:

The reason I didn't include McCain in the lack of experience category is because of his military command experience. Other than that he's just like the other two. I can only hope we aren't doomed.:-3
chonsigirl

Start Packing Sarah

Post by chonsigirl »

We loved Reagan as governor as California, and he was a good president also. Doesn't sound too bad at all.
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

Hoss;968032 wrote: Thank you for writing that, it's encouraging. The more I read about her the more I can identify with her as a person. She's real! Finally, I hear adults talking about a politician like a real person instead of like some sort of mythical god.

Well said.

Her path is not through the selling out and buying up process 90% of the elected officials today ascend through. I think we are getting a breath of fresh air.
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

chonsigirl;968031 wrote: We loved Reagan as governor as California, and he was a good president also. Doesn't sound too bad at all.

Good president?! Surely anyone can see his economic policies were demented:

Who's the sucker going to be, that's paying off the taxes Reagan simply deferred to the next generations???
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Hoss;968051 wrote: LOL. You're telling me that Barak Obama is going to balance out national debt and fund his social reconstruction? Free healthcare for all, with labor unions in his hip pocket? And at the same time defend us against terrorism? I don't think he can do it with Mr. Joe-stuck in the party system-Biden, advising him.

Barak Obama should have chosen Sarah Palin for his Vice President and then I’d have voted for him!

I recall they said the same thing about Bill Clinton, but if you look, his administration is the only one of late where the debt was going down. Ironically, the Republican administrations were penny wise, pound foolish.

I take though, even you can see Reagan's approach was demented. This is the economic model that McCain will follow as well.
chonsigirl

Start Packing Sarah

Post by chonsigirl »

Hoss, ask you father about Reagan. Those of use who were older, had Reagan as a governor and then president, we remember him very fondly.

Yes, it depends if you are looking at economics, foreign policy, or personal lifestyles.

I still like Reagan, alot. Much more then I ever did Clinton, whom I still do not like. (my, he sure showed up alot at the Dem convention, and Hilary too, much more than was respectable, it was Oabam's show which it should have been the whole time, and at least for him ended that way, on Thursday!)
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Hoss;968070 wrote: I'm 18. I haven’t studied Reagan much at all, other than references to him when they talked about him in the republican nomination debates. I'd need a lot more information than one table to make any kind of reasonable guess.

I know about William Jefferson Clinton’s debauchery in the White House. I know he’s an experience pathological and very shrewd liar. "I did not have sex with that (but which one did you mean Mr. Clinton) woman". I heard on the radio when he was talking at the convention and he said, (referring to Barak Obama) "He's the right man for this job". What I'd like to know for certain is, was the 'this' reference another careful pathological and shrewd lie, or was it just a normal every day endorsement in truth? I'd love to look at peoples faces when they heard him say it. I have no way of knowing for sure but I lean toward ‘total liar’ by the fact that he was held in contempt, barred as a lawyer, impeached as President, and cant seem to give a speech without guilt and shame written all over his face.

Bill Clinton was without a doubt a sex addict, although many politicians are not very honorable in this area of their personal lives.

The deep hypocrisy of that big circus in the 90's is that many of the people actively prosecuting him were guilty of all the same things. Newt Gingrich was cheating on his wife during the investigation. Others like Bob Barr and Rush Limbaugh have cheated on their spouses and divorced several times over. It just didn't become a media circus like in Clinton's case. I always wonder about the politicians that seem wound up the tightest ... they tend to be the ones that are caught with hookers, or in bathrooms trying to have sex with other men. :wah:

Clinton hoped that he could deny it, and it would be the end of it, but then was caught in a perjury trap. It's the same reason that the current president and vice president have tried to avoid saying anything under oath. They only agree to informal interviews that are not recorded. It's not that they are any more truthful, but just smarter about lying under oath.
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Hoss;968096 wrote: I don't think so, either you are a man of integrity, or you aren't. In my own personal ethics, I'd rather bring the shame on myself than on my country or on my family and take personal responsibility for my action, whether I make a good choice or a bad one

Sarah Palin will make sure her son Track has what he needs when he goes in harms way and she’ll make sure his buddy’s do to, and she’ll make sure everyone else does too, you can bet on that!

She's already been involved in a scandal and has only been in office for a year and a half -- trying to use her position for personal vengeance. Still an ongoing investigation. Not a good sign IMO. I agree with your comments about integrity, and also think that you can tell a lot about a person, by the way they treat others in a less advantageous position.

Like Abraham Lincoln said:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

yaaarrrgg;968085 wrote: Bill Clinton was without a doubt a sex addict, although many politicians are not very honorable in this area of their personal lives.

The deep hypocrisy of that big circus in the 90's is that many of the people actively prosecuting him were guilty of all the same things. Newt Gingrich was cheating on his wife during the investigation. Others like Bob Barr and Rush Limbaugh have cheated on their spouses and divorced several times over. It just didn't become a media circus like in Clinton's case. I always wonder about the politicians that seem wound up the tightest ... they tend to be the ones that are caught with hookers, or in bathrooms trying to have sex with other men. :wah:

Clinton hoped that he could deny it, and it would be the end of it, but then was caught in a perjury trap. It's the same reason that the current president and vice president have tried to avoid saying anything under oath. They only agree to informal interviews that are not recorded. It's not that they are any more truthful, but just smarter about lying under oath.
Rush Limbaugh's running for President?? :-2

Reagan ran up debt to defeat the Soviet Union and it worked. He also set the foundation for the greatest economy any Democrat president ever took credit for. I really liked the practice of showing how any new law would be paid for before it could be enacted, but I wonder if he would have stuck with it if their revenues weren't so astronomical.
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

yaaarrrgg;968103 wrote: She's already been involved in a scandal and has only been in office for a year and a half -- trying to use her position for personal vengeance. Still an ongoing investigation. Not a good sign IMO. I agree with your comments about integrity, and also think that you can tell a lot about a person, by the way they treat others in a less advantageous position.

Like Abraham Lincoln said:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Try not to convict her on the strength of accusation. Wait for the evidence.
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Accountable;968209 wrote: Rush Limbaugh's running for President?? :-2

Reagan ran up debt to defeat the Soviet Union and it worked. He also set the foundation for the greatest economy any Democrat president ever took credit for. I really liked the practice of showing how any new law would be paid for before it could be enacted, but I wonder if he would have stuck with it if their revenues weren't so astronomical.

Yeah ...that was John Von Neumann's strategy. He was smart... Reagan not so much. However, the funny thing about this whole approach though, is if socialism is really as evil as Reagan believed, it would collapse under it's own weight. The people would destroy it, and or it would fail on it's own (as neoconservative dogma dictates).

As for which party is better for the economy, it seems to me, the first Bush and second Bush terms are near repeats. Almost feels like ground hog day. I'm not sure any real economist takes Reaganomics seriously, except perhaps Bush II and McCain.
hoppy

Start Packing Sarah

Post by hoppy »

Hoss;968225 wrote: I don't get you Yaaarrrgg, McCain bills himself as a maverick fighter and he's called that among both democrats and republicans alike, he picks Sarah Palin as his VP and she has a tenacious, grassroots, down home reputation for fighting corruption, yet you think McCain is just like President Bush. He sounds like he's going to go after the status quo to me and not be like President Bush at all. Yet everywhere I go the democrats seek to align McCain as another President George Bush. He's not another George Bush.

That's the only way demo's can sell their wonderboy obama.
hoppy

Start Packing Sarah

Post by hoppy »

Hoss;968232 wrote: That's what I thought. It's the 'bait and switch'. I'm not falling for it. I can see right through the false charisma of a media darling in Barak Obama.

Obama listened to rev. wright preach hate all those years and only recently quit that church? Can't tell me some of that hate didn't rub off. Obama is a nobody, done nothing and I pray, is going nowhere.
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Hoss;968225 wrote: I don't get you Yaaarrrgg, McCain bills himself as a maverick fighter and he's called that among both democrats and republicans alike, he picks Sarah Palin as his VP and she has a tenacious, grassroots, down home reputation for fighting corruption, yet you think McCain is just like President Bush. He sounds like he's going to go after the status quo to me and not be like President Bush at all. Yet everywhere I go the democrats seek to align McCain as another President George Bush. He's not another George Bush.

Last year he voted with Bush 95% of the time. Does that sound like a maverick? Is a 5% difference really worth bragging about?

Also economically, he will be very similar to Bush. Not that he's copying Bush, but both Bush and McCain are trying to copy Reagan;s policies. McCain often says "I was part of the Reagan revolution" as part of his shtick. It's same with George W. Bush ... he is trying to resurrect Reagan. Problem is, neither has the gift of gab, and that was the key ingredient to making it all sound believable. Reagan could sell snow to an Eskimo.

Of course, if you don't believe me, check out what a paleoconservative like Pat Buchanan or maybe Ron Paul says about Bush or McCain ... they are more brutal than I am. Buchanan argues that McCain is a hot head that's in every nation's face ... threatening war with Iran, Russia. When McCain tells you "there are going to be more wars" he's telling you exactly what he's planning.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”