Employers.............grrrrrrrr!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Why is it when your unemployed...........they don't give a damn how they treat you?

-Promising interviews made by them..............no return calls.

-Interviews made by them.......later cancelled.........they found someone.

-Interview set up...............no one was there.

-Interview & position guaranteed, needed me badly asap, phoned later, the previous person is returning from their injury.

-Walk-in and fill out an application..........lady says wait and you can have an on the job interview............one hour later another one says, we will get back to you.

If you call them a couple of days after the interview, which supposedly is advised.............'Oh I haven't even had time to decide, I will call you!'

do I have sucker written all over my face?

has anyone else had such problems as this?

:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

1. you are applying for all the wrong jobs

or

2. you need to improve your interview skills

It looks like your first impression is a good one, but you must kind of screw it up along the way.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

mikeinie;959358 wrote: 1. you are applying for all the wrong jobs

or

It looks like your first impression is a good one, but you must kind of screw it up along the way.

Im sure you are being constructive, but........ ouch !!!

Odie, when you are down, everything is out to get you.

You are becoming too tense, chill a little.

I have had job interviews whilst fully employed 'just for fun' and because of the ease and relaxed attitude, got the job immediately.

It is when you are soooo desperate it shows, in all the wrong ways.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Lon

Post by Lon »

Odie;959337 wrote: Why is it when your unemployed...........they don't give a damn how they treat you?

do I have sucker written all over my face?

:-5

Check to make sure that you don't have spinach stuck in your front teeth.:-3
Odie

Post by Odie »

Bruv;959371 wrote:

Odie, when you are down, everything is out to get you.

You are becoming too tense, chill a little.

I have had job interviews whilst fully employed 'just for fun' and because of the ease and relaxed attitude, got the job immediately.

It is when you are soooo desperate it shows, in all the wrong ways.

For any interview, I don't feel 'down' or 'desperate,' I am happy that I did get the interview............I spend alot of care and time in preparing myself mentally and physically. I am not up-tight. I always go in, happy, upbeat and with a smile!

Its the afterwards, no matter which position I am applying for, and fully qualified for them......

In this day and age when emailing your resume (uploading it) or faxing it, that now

'any one position applying for, can get hundreds of resumes.'
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhhhh sorry Odie, they're nasty and inconsiderate because they can be:mad: Unfortunately:(
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;959358 wrote: 1. you are applying for all the wrong jobs

or

I am applying for several jobs in my field.

If I was not applying for the right position, I would not be called for an interview. The employer calls me after reading my resume, we discuss at lengths the position and what is required, before an interview is made.

jeez!:-5
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Newhires...........................grrrrrrrrrr!(Not all, but many)

They say they need a job..................work a couple days........and then don't show up for work............three days no report................quit (Most of these are young people)

They come to orientation...which they get paid for...........then promptly forget any information about the job they are given

After they get hired, they come to Personnel to get in-processed and ask what department did they get hired for, what shift, and how much are they getting paid.

They come to the interview dressed like they are going to a mud-bogging or just got out of bed.

Just my 2 cents worth......now.........back to work
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;959425 wrote: Ahhhhhh sorry Odie, they're nasty and inconsiderate because they can be:mad: Unfortunately:(

thanks hun, I know they can and I must bow to all of them!:yh_worshp

then later feel insecure, riddiculed and sad.:(
Odie

Post by Odie »

JAB;959510 wrote: Odie, you might want to count your blessings for not getting a job with these companies. If the HR/personnel office is that inconsiderate to an applicant, how are they to the employees?

I have often thought this!

One employer, which is HR, who hadn't even interviewed me, said, can you start tomorrow?

I said yes, so I was to meet her at the site sharp at 8.

Then that night, after running around all day, hair cut, buying food for lunches etc.....she called me and said a family member took the position!:-5

Then she said, however, I have another position available, come in tomorrow at 10 for an interview.

Went to the interview, all went well, she had then said 'regarding yesterdays position, the original employee who was injured, did come back into work?' WTF?

(First you tell me it was taken by a family member, a position you had promised me...............then you tell me that person who was injured decided to come back to work?)

...never heard back so I called her.......she said the other manager hasn't made up his mind yet?

She emails me today, 2 months later, I have a position for you, it will start immediately, are you still interested?

Replied yes, yadda yadda yadda, she emailed be back for my resume........now how the hell did she email me without having my original resume is beyond me................so I had emailed her back and uploaded the resume, she said to come in tomorrow, she would get back to me asap today for a time to have an second interview with a higher up.

Its now 10:40pm......................nothing!

all that time spent today with emails going back and forth, me checking my emails every 10 minutes...........she does have my phone number!

and people wonder why they despise employers?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I feel blessed to be in the situation Im in now and working with the people I work with.

Its more than a job and Im being challenged in every way.

I expect to enjoy enormous personal growth.

Ive been waiting a lifetime for this opportunity.

I hope you find the same thing.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;959526 wrote: I feel blessed to be in the situation Im in now and working with the people I work with.

Its more than a job and Im being challenged in every way.

I expect to enjoy enormous personal growth.

Ive been waiting a lifetime for this opportunity.

I hope you find the same thing.

your are very fortunate...............I felt that way............once.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Odie;959527 wrote: your are very fortunate...............I felt that way............once.

And you can again. No question about it.

Will

Opportunity

Intent

Determination
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;959532 wrote: And you can again. No question about it.

Will

Opportunity

Intent

Determination

thank you for the encouragement!~:-1
weeder

Post by weeder »

Just because a person holds a position that enables them to hire, it doesnt mean that they have the skills for their job either. Sometimes that dont even have the power they lead you to believe they do either. Often they are interviewing for someone else, who doesnt have the time, and they really have no authority.

I have also found companys to be very rude and inconsiderate these days.

They dont respond to resumes sent, or letters of inquiry.

I must ask you though... have you signed and consented to a background check for any of the jobs you have applied for? Anything negative, including bad credit will knock you out of the running for a position. The employer will then stop all communication with you, as it is against the law for them to tell you why they have lost interest.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

You live in Canada right? Buy yourself a snow shovel, Walla, you now own your own buisiness. Buy a Canadian a snow shovel and they will be employed for life.:wah::D
Trunk Monkey

Post by Trunk Monkey »

Sorry to hear all of this Odie. I was wondering if you have an employment agency in your area that might be able to help you. :-3 I truly wish you the best in your quest to find a good job with a company that will value what you have to offer. Good luck and keep your chin up the job you deserve is there you just have to be patient and keep on them ;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

weeder;959775 wrote: Just because a person holds a position that enables them to hire, it doesnt mean that they have the skills for their job either. Sometimes that dont even have the power they lead you to believe they do either. Often they are interviewing for someone else, who doesnt have the time, and they really have no authority.

I have also found companys to be very rude and inconsiderate these days.

They dont respond to resumes sent, or letters of inquiry.

I must ask you though... have you signed and consented to a background check for any of the jobs you have applied for? Anything negative, including bad credit will knock you out of the running for a position. The employer will then stop all communication with you, as it is against the law for them to tell you why they have lost interest.

I have given out 2 requests from previous jobs which are solid for a background check............I would not give out one that is not.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Trunk Monkey;959969 wrote: Sorry to hear all of this Odie. I was wondering if you have an employment agency in your area that might be able to help you. :-3 I truly wish you the best in your quest to find a good job with a company that will value what you have to offer. Good luck and keep your chin up the job you deserve is there you just have to be patient and keep on them ;)

I have 2 employment agencys working with me, but they are only temp jobs................a day here or a week here. There are no agencys that will find you full time permanent employment as this takes away their %.

thanks!
Odie

Post by Odie »

JAB;960107 wrote: Odie, I'd be straight with them and say 'listen folks, I've done everything you've asked yet I feel I'm getting the runaround. I'd like to come work with you but I'm also pursuing other options'.

Even if you don't have other options, don't let them think they've got you waiting by the phone while they play around.

I did just that this morning!
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

[QUOTE=Odie;959514]I have often thought this!

One employer, which is HR, who hadn't even interviewed me, said, can you start tomorrow?

That should have been your first warning. What HR would offer a job without an interview?

I wasn't being smart ealier, you could be screwing up on interviews. It is not about being all nice and friendly, that gets you in the door, which you manage to do, it is then content that gets the job.

I do a lot of interviewing and would be happy to give you some tips if you want.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

along-for-the-ride;959440 wrote: Newhires...........................grrrrrrrrrr!(Not all, but many)

They say they need a job..................work a couple days........and then don't show up for work............three days no report................quit (Most of these are young people)

They come to orientation...which they get paid for...........then promptly forget any information about the job they are given

After they get hired, they come to Personnel to get in-processed and ask what department did they get hired for, what shift, and how much are they getting paid.

They come to the interview dressed like they are going to a mud-bogging or just got out of bed.

Just my 2 cents worth......now.........back to work

I certainly did not mean to imply that you are one of these folks, Odie. Nor did I mean to trivialize your predicament. I have worn both shoes........the job seeker and the one who in-processes the new-hires. Our company hires for mostly production/plant employees, so many applicants do not feel the need to dress appropriatley and are not well-educated. I was just using your thread to vent.

I hope the job-hunt improves for you. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
weeder

Post by weeder »

mikeinie;960355 wrote: [QUOTE=Odie;959514]I have often thought this!

That should have been your first warning. What HR would offer a job without an interview?

I wasn't being smart ealier, you could be screwing up on interviews. It is not about being all nice and friendly, that gets you in the door, which you manage to do, it is then content that gets the job.

I do a lot of interviewing and would be happy to give you some tips if you want.

What do you interview for????? Ill come work in Ireland...Tomorrow.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Odie

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;960561 wrote: I certainly did not mean to imply that you are one of these folks, Odie. Nor did I mean to trivialize your predicament. I have worn both shoes........the job seeker and the one who in-processes the new-hires. Our company hires for mostly production/plant employees, so many applicants do not feel the need to dress appropriatley and are not well-educated. I was just using your thread to vent.

I hope the job-hunt improves for you. :)

I know you were just letting off steam, I have seen these kinds of people as well..............like you said, they are not educated well or I find they really just do not care.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Red had just posted about privacy in the workplace........so this one came to mind.

An X- employer was literally waiting outside the ladies washroom door for me........as I had just been there 20 minutes ago, I asked her WTF are you doing waiting for me?

She said, I wasn't sure if you were in here, you had just gone 20 minutes ago..........or you were out for a smoke!:-5:-5

She knew I only went for a smoke on smoke breaks......one evil bitch she was!

Return to “General Chit Chat”