So what's your latestThing?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Mine is owls. I'm starting to collect them...owl graphics, owl jewelry, just bought two owl planters vintage 1970's off eBay.

I'm also starting to revert back to some70s era stuff...why? Is it because that time seemed happier? More fun? Don't know. I like the graphics and the colors....I'm turning my kitchen retro- gold, avocado and burnt orange. With a few red accents.

What's your latest craze? :-6
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I have invented a device that plugs into my computer. When I type in an address and punch in a code, the monitor at that address turns into a TV camera. I see everything in the room. The monitor screen still looks normal at the other end. I would have made millions off it but, I'm in hiding because I refused to turn it over to my government. However, the governments of South Sukistan an neighboring republic of Slobovia are extremely interested. They offered me their women, all the goats I want, a hut and all. What to do?:thinking:

I passed on the women. They all got one eyebrow and more hair than the goats.

Don't mind me. I'm bored.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

hi ter ...

mine is .. always has been ... and always will be ...

the 1920's and 30's ...

what an era!

cannot get enough of it!

Jj :-4
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Trunk Monkey

Post by Trunk Monkey »

Mine is frogs ever since I bought my new house. There is a pond in the back with a bunch of different different color frogs. The bull frogs are quite cool to me and the frogs "sing" at night. It amazes me that during the winter they burrow into the mud in the pond and survive. I have started collecting frog figurines and keep them in a display case. The best find yet was at a garage sale where I found frog salt and pepper shakers. Please I hope this collection doesn't make me croak :wah:
abbey

Post by abbey »

Royal Doulton Flambe vases, I have 6 all bought off e-bay all still in boxes unpacked. :o
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

abbey;953857 wrote: Royal Doulton Flambe vases, I have 6 all bought off e-bay all still in boxes unpacked. :o

oh they are soooooo cool!

do you have any "fairyland" vases?

Jj
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I got 3 flutes this summer-student one I started on, went up to a different one, and got a good one a week ago.

Took the student one to school to play, used it the last two days waiting for the AV guy to get all the electronic stuff out of my room. It will be nice to have a diversion during the day.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Trunkey Monkey

Mine is Frogs too - not the same kind..

I collect the Frogs that hold stems in a vase

they could be glass - of very sharp spikes.

Other than that - I always collect RED & I always collect vintage purses- always.

RED

If you want the '70's - have you watched the show SWINGTOWN on Friday nights

@9:00 p.m..

It's all '70's decor - I love what they wear..

I remember babysitting for a couple who were swingers - this show is that & family life in the '70's

'70's were fun

Patsy
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Thanks Patsy, I'll keep a watch for that show.

I just went eBaying this week for owls and retro green/orange/yellow kitchenware. :)
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

I was given a $300 gift voucher for my b/day in June.

The voucher is good for a year.

I have been looking for a nice bracelet to buy & then I would add the $ difference.

Couldn't find one so I have decided to make my own.

Here is just a sample of what there is .

http://www.lovelinks.com.au/

I am going for browns & gold,I have found a silver rooster that I will add as well.It will be added to when I feel the urge or when people ask what I want for Xmas:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Oh wow, those are really different MrsK! I haven't seen those before. What a neat concept! :) Do you collect roosters?
abbey

Post by abbey »

jones jones;953860 wrote: oh they are soooooo cool!

do you have any "fairyland" vases?

JjDo you mean Wedgewood?

No, I find it too fussy, I like the deep colours of the flambe,I'll have to unpack them and take a pic.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

mrsK;954385 wrote: I was given a $300 gift voucher for my b/day in June.

I have been looking for a nice bracelet to buy & then I would add the $ difference.

I am going for browns & gold,I have found a silver rooster that I will add as well.It will be added to when I feel the urge or when people ask what I want for Xmas:-6

Oh my gosh!!

That is so cool :D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
abbey

Post by abbey »

My mum always said that owls were unlucky so would never have an ornament in the house.

Dunno where she got that from but it always stuck with me although I do love them.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow, I like those bracelets, MrsK. That is so pretty, you can make up the set you want.
Trunk Monkey

Post by Trunk Monkey »

I love those bracelets, MrsK they are very pretty!
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

Dolls.:-4 I have 2 glass cabanets full. I will have to stop. NO MORE ROOM. but i love them. 2 years ago we went to TX. Bryant. I found a beautiful victorian doll. they had her tagged WRONG. I got her for a STEAL.Wish i had more room.:wah:
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

RedGlitter;954396 wrote: Oh wow, those are really different MrsK! I haven't seen those before. What a neat concept! :) Do you collect roosters?

I do collect roosters I have a lot & running out of room fast.:wah:
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

The bracelets are really lovely & I can put anything I like on them.

I like that idea,no one will have one exactly the same,can't wait to get some more .

I will take a pic & post it when I get a few pieces on my bracelet.:-6
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mrs. K

I collect Roosters too. Remember the wooden hamburger press, usually the outside press had a rooster design.

I have many wooden hamburger press's - that line a wall in my kitchen - like tile.

also wooden snack bowls and I have the old wooden cannisters with the roosters on them.

I had to collect Roosters for the RED - it looks great with my RED appliances...

love it.

Patsy
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Patsy Warnick;954871 wrote: Mrs. K

I collect Roosters too. Remember the wooden hamburger press, usually the outside press had a rooster design.

I have many wooden hamburger press's - that line a wall in my kitchen - like tile.

also wooden snack bowls and I have the old wooden cannisters with the roosters on them.

I had to collect Roosters for the RED - it looks great with my RED appliances...

love it.

Patsy

That sounds great :-4

I have an old handsaw & a friend is going to paint roosters on a perch on them.

Then I am going to seal the painting & hang it in my driveway.

Roosters & hen statues all through our garden I just love them.:-6
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

RedGlitter;953505 wrote: Mine is owls. I'm starting to collect them...owl graphics, owl jewelry, just bought two owl planters vintage 1970's off eBay.

I'm also starting to revert back to some70s era stuff...why? Is it because that time seemed happier? More fun? Don't know. I like the graphics and the colors....I'm turning my kitchen retro- gold, avocado and burnt orange. With a few red accents.

What's your latest craze? :-6

:) Hubby and I watch HGTV sometimes. Some programs are dedicated to making over a particular room. Designers and critics constantly say a particular room needs to "updated". But sometimes, to us anyway, the decor looks nice. It may be in the 60's or 70's or 80's style. But I guess if you're going to sell you home, it has to be "updated" to what folks like and want NOW. But it seems to me, that these periods are disappearing from design and taste. Such a shame.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Post by Dewey2Me1MoThyme »

mrsK;954385 wrote: I was given a $300 gift voucher for my b/day in June.

My wife has a similar bracelet called a pandora and it has the beads and other items such as puppies, cats etc you can aadd to it.
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Post by Dewey2Me1MoThyme »

I collect Nutcrackers of various sizes, and I like Victorian Santas but lost most of my collection in my divorce 8 years ago.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Along for a ride

I love those shows and I agree - alot that's demolished was a good design or arrangement to begin with.

My house is the '50's so I appreciate the old vintage bathrooms etc..

RED - You could find decorating books at a thrift shop - yard sale.

I have several old decorating books for '70's, '60's and of course '50's.

Put out by Better Home & Garden

some are a 3 ring binder type book.

Same with fabric - Vintage fabric is necessary & really finishes a room for the period one is going for.

Don't forget your wood paneling in your decor plans.

If I can be of any help - or for suggestions - let me know

I think everyone here loves to decorate.

Patsy

Return to “General Chit Chat”