How Old is Your Underwear?

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Not at all interested in how long you've had them on this week...:p

How long do you go between purchases? Is it a set amount of time? A certain number of holes? A level of dinginess? Where you are in a relationship as regards needing to impress the partner?

I'm way overdue, I think. Part of my problem is that I prefer commando... so even if I happen to pass undergarments in a store I tend not to even glance that way..:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

The good ones are fairly new, have been purchased in last 3 months. The once a month ones are little older and more religious. :o
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I like to keep my business fresh and sassy.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Just got some this week, while school shopping..................:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Brandy new...out with the old, in with the new:D
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Anyway why is foopy asking us about our underwear ? :thinking:
I AM AWESOME MAN
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

jimbo;946278 wrote: is er dandruff on your shoes much of a problem :-3:-3:wah:

its how old whats in mine that worries me i dont know if i'm horny or rigourmortis is setting in :rolleyes:

Dandruff on my shoes? Not likely...

See your bald head Jimbo....you have more hair to cause dandruff issues:lips:..:p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;946335 wrote: Anyway why is foopy asking us about our underwear ? :thinking:

Because when you go to pull on clean undies and you have 6 or seven holes to put you feet through rather then the traditional 3, i have to believe i missed a memo somewhere, ya know?:rolleyes:

And all these evasive answers!:yh_eyerol

Very straight forward questions IMHO and even Miss Honesty Chonsi can't give it up:rolleyes:

I don't care when you last bought them... how long before that last purchase and is it a drawnout thoughtfilled purchase like JABS?:p

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Your underwear comes with 3 holes? I thought was just men's underwear. :-3
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Sheryl;946404 wrote: Your underwear comes with 3 holes? I thought was just men's underwear. :-3

Let's try to solve this one right now, girlie...

How many legs do you have?:thinking:

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Alternately we can all remove our undies and do a hole check...:D

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

flopstock;946433 wrote: Alternately we can all remove our undies and do a hole check...:D

Two holes here Floppy :D
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Im a member of the two hole club also:D

However I do keep comfy old pants for yanno:-3:o

I last bought a bra a month ago, pretty lilac one and new knicks on Friday for my hols:D..Find it hard to throw the old ones away though:-2
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

p.s. do you gals always have to match?:D
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Betty Boop;946783 wrote: Two holes here Floppy :D

So if you have a leg through each of those holes... where is your stomach at?:thinking:

Attached files

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Chezzie;946790 wrote: Im a member of the two hole club also:D

However I do keep comfy old pants for yanno:-3:o

I last bought a bra a month ago, pretty lilac one and new knicks on Friday for my hols:D..Find it hard to throw the old ones away though:-2

You know bra's only have a life of six months though, worn regularly.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Chezzie;946791 wrote: p.s. do you gals always have to match?:D

No, only if I think I might get lucky :wah:

I do buy matching sets though, they don't always make a matching pair onto my body though.

Floppy's caught us out Chezzie :D
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

flopstock;946792 wrote: So if you have a leg through each of those holes... where is your stomach at?:thinking:

I'd like to point out that my pants look nothing like that :wah:
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Kinda makes that bullet in my sig seem even more questionable, eh?:rolleyes:

:wah:

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Betty Boop;946795 wrote: You know bra's only have a life of six months though, worn regularly.

Should throw out the ones I bought in '05 you're thinkin'?:thinking:

Lon

Post by Lon »

My wife keeps telling me that I should buy some new underwear. I must own 20 pair of bikini briefs in different colors, stripes, patterns etc. and none have holes or are worn out. It's been two years since I have purchased any.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Lon;946883 wrote: My wife keeps telling me that I should buy some new underwear. I must own 20 pair of bikini briefs in different colors, stripes, patterns etc. and none have holes or are worn out. It's been two years since I have purchased any.

Thank you darlin':-4

That's what I was looking for....

Now, got any pics to offer as proof?:sneaky::wah:

Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

WHo on earth donates the knickers you see in charity shops?:lips:

or

sells them on ebay:thinking:

Would they advertise them something like this::D

Crusty Pants, faint skid mark 'ghosting' and severe 'toxic crotch', evidence of stress incontinence and crispy edges. No reserve, low start price. Non paying bidders will be ****ted and reported to peEbay. £39.88 P&P includes recycled packaging, bubble wrap and bog paper:wah:
Bez

Post by Bez »

Marks & spencers is my undie supplier........'Brigitte Jones' style I'm afraid as comfort is my priority ! Probably buy new ones every 6 months or so but I did buy new ones when I went on holiday....ditched some old ones though. My philosophy when buying clothes is 'one in , one out'....charity shops do well when I'm in shopping mode.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

some are probably years old....:o but I keep them as long as they look good. :D

I tend to always check the undie section when I'm out shopping so I always have new ones as well. :-6
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

jimbo;946987 wrote: good grief boop :-3:-3

er one hole here guys :-3:-3

ya know, i could understand this if you are wearing it as a cap...

then again most of my favorite guys get called d***head most of the time...:D:wah:

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

flopstock;948523 wrote: ya know, i could understand this if you are wearing it as a cap...

then again most of my favorite guys get called d***head most of the time...:D:wah:

:wah::wah:
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Well, tbh flopster....I don't have a set time, but I'd probably say 6 months to a year, but I rarely throw them out until they are just disgusting....

I am guilty of commando also, so I don't wear them daily...only if wearing a dress and for other (unmentionable women) reasons.....:o

I have old underwear in my dresser that I can't fit into that are my "dream undies"...some-day I'll fit into those tiger print victoria secret undies....grrrr...someday!!!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

The little wisp of Parisian lace one wears Down Under should at all times match the little whisp of Parisian lace which decorates one's decolletage. And the colours should of course coordinate with other garments (in case of an accident). This means a lot of shopping as it's also de rigueur not to be seen twice in the same unmentionables. (And regularly turning over one's wisps is less tiring than regularly turning over one's menfolk - though there may be something to be said for that too.)

Addition: If the said intimate apparel is edible as well - and mine only sometimes is - it never really has a chance to get old!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Flora

Post by Flora »

Personally, I can't get enough of underwear shopping. I'm a tad obsessed. but I say, if you love commando, then do it. Spend you money on something else. But do you find it's a bit colder in winter?
"How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours."
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

you'll all be happy to hear that I bought new bras and underwear over the weekend...

kinda unfortunate that the tags on the old stuff were so faded... if not for that -i may have come home with the right sizes...:rolleyes:

try stuff on - you say??:eek:

no way... that would require i spend more then 7.5 minutes shopping...:yh_bigsmi

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

flopstock;963774 wrote: you'll all be happy to hear that I bought new bras and underwear over the weekend...

kinda unfortunate that the tags on the old stuff were so faded... if not for that -i may have come home with the right sizes...:rolleyes:

try stuff on - you say??:eek:

no way... that would require i spend more then 7.5 minutes shopping...:yh_bigsmi

You should be ashamed of yourself, you have to try on bra's, they are all different from brand to brand. :wah::wah:
nok

Post by nok »

I wear mine for years until it's totally unwearable ( meaning torn, straps are very, very loose, the elastic has stretched out to its fullest limit,holes, etc.) Faded underwear doesn't bother me one bit.

However, when underwear is on sale, I do buy it sometimes. I don't buy underwear at its regular price ( because it's expensive).
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Just got new bras & underwear from Santa. Other than that I'd say 6 months old and they get tossed.
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

I replace panties yearly when underwear goes on sale, either the end of Dec or beginning of Jan. Just purchased 10 pair of new panties yesterday.

Then I'll buy about four more around Valentines day, just cause they seem to be prettiest then. Two weeks worth seems to work best for me.

I will then wear the older ones once more and toss all but a few which I'll launder and place in the back of the drawer -- for backup, for a time when I might fall behind on my washer-women duties.

Bra's are another matter. I hate wearing them. I never wear them at home and when the doorbell rings our company needs to wait while I run and put one on. I've been mulling about having to get new ones for over a month now. I'm thinking of going to a specialty bra shop and getting myself professionally fitted, but I'm still working myself up to this ordeal. For some reason I've gone overly long in replacing them this past year and I really must handle this soon.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

I've bought new ones every time i get paid... obsessive... yeah yeah i am HAHA
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

AussiePam;1095215 wrote: What's underwear?

:sneaky: that is scary!!! who doesn't wear underwear!!! please say your joking!
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Post by spot »

2003, I bought two identical packs of five in a sale in Woolworths. There's a red pair and a blue pair and a white pair and a green pair and a black pair. I don't iron them.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have tights older than my son. I don't ever wear them.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1095404 wrote: I have tights older than my son. I don't ever wear them.

Donations of conserved materials representative of times long past are welcomed atThe Victoria and Albert Museum

Cromwell Road

South Kensington

London SW7 2RL

Tel. +44 (0)20 7942 2000
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1095407 wrote: Donations of conserved materials representative of times long past are welcomed atThe Victoria and Albert Museum

Cromwell Road

South Kensington

London SW7 2RL

Tel. +44 (0)20 7942 2000

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

Omni_Skittles;1095192 wrote: I've bought new ones every time i get paid... obsessive... yeah yeah i am HAHA

what, every time you get paid?

say what?
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1095415 wrote: what, every time you get paid?

say what?

I got a very nice basque from Mr O for Christmas but that's another thread!!!:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1095420 wrote: I got a very nice basque from Mr O for Christmas but that's another thread!!!:wah:

since YOU brought it up, what's a basque?:p
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Fashion Clothing”