cross nursing

southern yankee

cross nursing

Post by southern yankee »

Just saw a story on GMA about cross nursing. which is the caregiver of your baby breast feeds your child. like she would her own. What do you think??:confused: I am not too sure on this issue. What does this woman eat? What life style does she have? To me it is kind of risky. And forgive me for this comment. but just like a community COW.:wah:
RedGlitter

cross nursing

Post by RedGlitter »

As I don't like breastfeeding, SY, I feel the same way as you about the communal cow. I know it's nothing new, has been going on for centuries, but if a woman's going to nurse, she should do it herself. And if she can't, well then...she wasn't meant to. Get a bottle.
sunny104

cross nursing

Post by sunny104 »

:eek: there is no way in heck I would've let someone else breast feed my babies! :yh_sick
Patsy Warnick

cross nursing

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I find the idea disgusting

and risky & unhealthy, should not be happening.

Patsy
Bruv

cross nursing

Post by Bruv »

I am surprised and amazed the ladies have answered in the negative for what was known as a Wet nurse.

If the lady who is donating her breast milk is healthy, it is by far the best option for the child, rather than a man made concoction out of a tin.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
RedGlitter

cross nursing

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm not sold on that actually. That's the rhetoric but babies have been bottle fed for a good many years and come out just as healthy.
Bruv

cross nursing

Post by Bruv »

I am a mere male but believe it has been proven beyond doubt, breast milk has so many qualities that its benifits are immeasurable besides man made formulas.....especially in the first few weeks of life.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Victoria

cross nursing

Post by Victoria »

When I had my first son 26 yrs ago I was asked if I would donate milk to the SCBU unit at the hospital I pumped breast milk which was screened and given to these tiny babies.

Their mothers couldn't feed their babies because with the baby being pre term the mothers milk hadn't come in yet.

These babies needed the antibodies found in breast milk to aid their chances of survival.

I was glad to help any mother with a baby in SCBU.
southern yankee

cross nursing

Post by southern yankee »

Victoria;933372 wrote: When I had my first son 26 yrs ago I was asked if I would donate milk to the SCBU unit at the hospital I pumped breast milk which was screened and given to these tiny babies.

Their mothers couldn't feed their babies because with the baby being pre term the mothers milk hadn't come in yet.

These babies needed the antibodies found in breast milk to aid their chances of survival.

I was glad to help any mother with a baby in SCBU. what you have stated. is the only good reason so far i have read. before i would allow this for my baby. the doaner would have have go through battery of test to please me. Any Flossy, would not do.;)
kayleneaussie

cross nursing

Post by kayleneaussie »

I remember when my eldest son was born he was in intensive care and I had heaps of milk and it was donated to the other babies. Saying that though you dont hear of it much these days and with so many diseases happening now I dont think I would want my baby having anyones elses breast milk unless the person was carefully screened :thinking:
FOC THREAD PART 1
chonsigirl

cross nursing

Post by chonsigirl »

Like a wet nurse from the old days....I know I wouldn't do it, I'm with Red, I would use the bottle.
jessicaabruno

cross nursing

Post by jessicaabruno »

This is definetly an interesting for sure. I'm on the fence on this. Feel that I'm all for this, but then I'm not.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”