My watermelon exploded!

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
flopstock

My watermelon exploded!

Post by flopstock »

OMG! I just checked them three days ago and my little seedless watermelon plants were just bigger then softballs and looking so pretty.... this morning..splat!:-5

They all seemed to crack open like an egg would and it is not pretty what the bugs had done since then!:mad:

Son of a gun, this was the littleones crop out there too:(

maybe I'd better head to the grocery store and by some stunt doubles:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Chezzie

My watermelon exploded!

Post by Chezzie »

The was a farmer who raised watermelons. He was doing pretty well but he was disturbed by some local kids who would sneak into his watermelon patch at night and eat watermelons. After some careful thought he came up with a clever idea that he thought would scare the kids away for sure. So he made up the sign and posted it in the field. The next day the kids show up and they see this sign. It says, Warning, one of the watermelons in this field has been injected with cyanide. So the kids run off, make up their own sign and post it next to the sign that the farmer made. The farmer shows up the next week and when he looks over the field he notices that no watermelons are missing but he notices a new sign next to his. He drives up to the sign which reads, Now there are two:D
chonsigirl

My watermelon exploded!

Post by chonsigirl »

That's awful! Durn bugs-hmm, you think the little one would notice if you placed a few choice ones from the store under the vine?

Never worked with the goldfish in the tank for me......but a watermelon, you never know!
Carolly

My watermelon exploded!

Post by Carolly »

flopstock;939392 wrote: OMG! I just checked them three days ago and my little seedless watermelon plants were just bigger then softballs and looking so pretty.... this morning..splat!:-5

They all seemed to crack open like an egg would and it is not pretty what the bugs had done since then!

maybe I'd better head to the grocery store and by some stunt doubles:wah:I bet Aliens did it:sneaky:dunno why yet:-3I better go away and fink about that:driving:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
spot

My watermelon exploded!

Post by spot »

That is undoubtedly the least acceptable thread title in the history of ForumGarden and by golly we've had some ripe contenders in our time.

I'm pleased to say I've never tasted anything so low or unEnglish as a watermelon.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Carolly

My watermelon exploded!

Post by Carolly »

spot;939431 wrote: That is undoubtedly the least acceptable thread title in the history of ForumGarden and by golly we've had some ripe contenders in our time.

I'm pleased to say I've never tasted anything so low or unEnglish as a watermelon.Snob:rolleyes::driving:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
flopstock

My watermelon exploded!

Post by flopstock »

fuzzy butt;939409 wrote: i was just thinking about the slang for breasts and I was quite worried about flopstock for a minute.:D

oh and i should clarify

your soil is too dry and drains too much . and your not keeping up enough water to them . Wtermelon IS water and they WANT lots of WATER . I drip system would give you huge watermelons.

But it rained here all week! That's why I wasn't out in my garden... it was too wet and skeeters were out!:-2
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

My watermelon exploded!

Post by flopstock »

fuzzy butt;939461 wrote: yep you've starved them it was too much rain for them .

Umm i could give you some links if you'd like for more info . what's your soil content like? Is it sandy ? clayish? Dark, light? etc.?

i can give you tips for next years planting but it might be a bit late for the current crop.

My soil content is dirt... that's all i know about it..:o

I garden because I enjoy it, not because I have a clue....:wah:

along-for-the-ride

My watermelon exploded!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

flopstock;939392 wrote: OMG! I just checked them three days ago and my little seedless watermelon plants were just bigger then softballs and looking so pretty.... this morning..splat!:-5

They all seemed to crack open like an egg would and it is not pretty what the bugs had done since then!:mad:

maybe I'd better head to the grocery store and by some stunt doubles:wah:

Where's Nomad and what's he been doing this weekend?:sneaky: I've heard busting watermelons is his MO.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Nomad

My watermelon exploded!

Post by Nomad »

He had a similar problem.

I AM AWESOME MAN
abbey

My watermelon exploded!

Post by abbey »

Sorry your melons exploded :yh_flower

But this has to be the coolest thread title. :cool:
Bryn Mawr

My watermelon exploded!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

abbey;940712 wrote: Sorry your melons exploded :yh_flower

But this has to be the coolest thread title. :cool:

Wow - in another 110 posts it must be the coolest count ever :-)
CARLA

My watermelon exploded!

Post by CARLA »

Bummer Floppy this is tragic news. I don't know what to tell you other than head for the store and buy some. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

flopstock

My watermelon exploded!

Post by flopstock »

What is the deal with these foreigners and my thread title?:-3

EdisonCheug

My watermelon exploded!

Post by EdisonCheug »

thats a bit terrible.

but i guess you must have a good harvest this year. ;) Good luck.
chonsigirl

My watermelon exploded!

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, watermelon doubles are in order for the little one. Ah, you know Nomad didnt' do it, no seeds to spit. :)
Odie

My watermelon exploded!

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1326351 wrote: Yes, watermelon doubles are in order for the little one. Ah, you know Nomad didnt' do it, no seeds to spit. :)

:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

My watermelon exploded!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

What a fab title for a Blue's number?

My Water-melon exploded but It wasn't me to blame,
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Gardening Forum”