Comercialization

Where the 1990's never ended! Celebrate the Music, Culture, and Memories of the 1990's.
actionfigurestepho

Comercialization

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I just heard an old Sir Mix-a-Lot song being used to sell back to school clothes. Noooooooo! You can't change "Baby Got Back" into a device used to sell overpriced jeans to eleven year olds! That's just wrong!
chonsigirl

Comercialization

Post by chonsigirl »

And what about all those car commercials using Zepplin, oh that hurts!

And what would Vivaldi and the other classical composers think of their music always being used to sell stuff?

And who wants to go back to school anyway!

*thinking of 120 7th graders waiting for me next month*
Jives

Comercialization

Post by Jives »

I like BACKPACKS and I can't deny! Though other people ask me why!

I really have to laugh when the kids tell me about a cool new song they heard n the TV. and it turns out to be a remake or a sound loop from a 60's - 70's song! I sing the whole song for them and they think I'm all hip and up to date! ROFL! It's soooo easy to impress children! LOL!

What I don't like is c-rap stars using old song loops and samples and then talking over them and calling it "their" music. Are you listening to me Snoop? You're a hack and a plagiarizer!:sneaky:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Accountable

Comercialization

Post by Accountable »

actionfigurestepho wrote: I just heard an old Sir Mix-a-Lot song being used to sell back to school clothes. Noooooooo! You can't change "Baby Got Back" into a device used to sell overpriced jeans to eleven year olds! That's just wrong!
I know what you mean. Now every time I hear the real lyrics I'm gonna think of the commercial and feel all slimey! :yh_sick
BabyRider

Comercialization

Post by BabyRider »

actionfigurestepho wrote: I just heard an old Sir Mix-a-Lot song being used to sell back to school clothes. Noooooooo! You can't change "Baby Got Back" into a device used to sell overpriced jeans to eleven year olds! That's just wrong!
You can change a Sir-Mix-a-Lot song in any way, for any purpose and it would have to be an improvement. JMHO.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

actionfigurestepho

Comercialization

But it makes me feel so dated!

Remember back in the diz-zay when Zepplin woudln't let their music be used in ANYTHING? It all went downhill when Puff Daddy (P-Diddy?) and Jimmy Page did "Come With Me" to the guitar part of "Kashmir." *shudder*
BabyRider

Comercialization

Post by BabyRider »

actionfigurestepho wrote: But it makes me feel so dated!

Remember back in the diz-zay when Zepplin woudln't let their music be used in ANYTHING? It all went downhill when Puff Daddy (P-Diddy?) and Jimmy Page did "Come With Me" to the guitar part of "Kashmir." *shudder*
Well...I HAD blocked that from my memory quite successfully for all this time, and now, you bring it back to me....thanks. :-3

(The next time you say "diz-zay" I'm comin' through this computer to stuff my helmet up your nose) :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Accountable

Comercialization

Post by Accountable »

BabyRider wrote: (The next time you say "diz-zay" I'm comin' through this computer to stuff my helmet up your nose) :yh_bigsmi
Note to self: Alternate drink, then read. Drink, then read. Not at the same time, one could choke to death. :yh_rotfl
actionfigurestepho

Comercialization

BabyRider wrote:

(The next time you say "diz-zay" I'm comin' through this computer to stuff my helmet up your nose) :yh_bigsmi

Channelling Snoop Doggy Dogg is an important part of 1990s culture! :D
BabyRider

Comercialization

Post by BabyRider »

actionfigurestepho wrote: Channelling Snoop Doggy Dogg is an important part of 1990s culture! :D
ELIMINATING Snoop is an important part of my culture! :D
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Nomad

Comercialization

Post by Nomad »

I know what you mean. Now every time I hear the real lyrics I'm gonna think of the commercial and feel all slimey!

I feel dirty too

Dirty & slimey

Dirty & slimey & oogy
I AM AWESOME MAN
Jet'aime

Comercialization

Post by Jet'aime »

it's make me so sad man

:mad:

Return to “The 1990's.”