Problem

Home Theater, Car Audio, Audiophile Systems, Tube Systems, and more.
Nomad

Problem

Post by Nomad »

I have a 6 disc cd changer in the trunk.

At 1st when I clutched the cd would blank out then come back on when I let off the clutch.

Now the deck is not recognizing the cd changer. The cd changer has power when I eject the magazine it comes out and when I reinsert it it cycles.

The deck says no cd changer though. Ive checked the connection at the changer and its good.

Ive checked the connections at the deck and they seem ok but Im going to go over that again.

The fact that it was blanking out indicates a short.

I can buy a new changer but could it be just that aspect of the deck thats failed ?

The deck amp and speakers are factory compatible so if I change the deck I have to buy a new amp as well.

I dont want to waste my money.

The feed from the deck to the changer is buried under floor guards and seats etc plus the wiring is insulated so chafing seems unlikely.

Any directional advise out there.

I miss my tunes !
I AM AWESOME MAN
BTS

Problem

Post by BTS »

Nomad:

When you clutched it you say, it blanked out then back on.

I would look in that area to see if you might be stressing the wiring (if it does indeed run by the clutch pedal)

Where do you have the power supply hooked?

You say you have power but it is not reconizing the cd changer. I would hope you will find a bad wire between the changer and tuner? (Better than buying a new on)

Good luck and let us know...
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

Problem

Post by BTS »

Oh I meant to add.

If you have a ohm meter or battery operated test light you can see if the wires are good by testing between both ends.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Nomad

Problem

Post by Nomad »

The cd changer gets its power from the deck.

Id almost rather gouge my eyes out with an ice pick than attempt to start taking the dash apart.

The wiring would run up near the clutch though.

I did have a 2nd amp installed for the sub woofer and they ran the power supply to the battery through the firewall so its likely something got spliced.

Uggghh ! Why cant things just work right forever and ever :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Problem

Post by Nomad »

BTS wrote: Oh I meant to add.

If you have a ohm meter or battery operated test light you can see if the wires are good by testing between both ends.

You the man !

Im on my way to the auto parts store.

Thanks for the reply !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Problem

Post by Nomad »

Well I just bought a changer off e bay so hopefully thats the end of my problems
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Problem

Post by Nomad »

It wasnt the cd changer it was the deck...processor or something must have given out, so now I have 2 cd changers I have to resell on E-Bay.

I bought an Alpine head unit/cd player and Im telling you I dont want to get out of my car !

It is by far the best investment Ive made yet, the sound is crisp, clear, concise and very full. Im quite pleased ! Highly recommend Alpine !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Wolverine

Problem

Post by Wolverine »

Nomad wrote: It wasnt the cd changer it was the deck...processor or something must have given out, so now I have 2 cd changers I have to resell on E-Bay.

I bought an Alpine head unit/cd player and Im telling you I dont want to get out of my car !

It is by far the best investment Ive made yet, the sound is crisp, clear, concise and very full. Im quite pleased ! Highly recommend Alpine !

Alpine is good stuff.

maybe a little pricey, but like you said a good investment.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Return to “Home and Car Audio”