Looks like there at it again

TMC

Post by TMC »

Three tube stations shut down following what police call incidents and reports of a bus having it’s windows blown out. It doesn’t look as serious as last weeks attack at the moment.
TMC

Post by TMC »

It looks like the attacks were designed to cause disruption rather than injuries, minor explosions using detonators only.
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

Yeah there was 3 bombs in the tube and one on a bus (again) but no body was hurt so the news is saying!!!

I hope nobody got hurt :(
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

So it was a scare tactic. BASTARDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
theia

Post by theia »

It scared my granddaughter and all the other kids on the school trip, most definitely
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
CVX

Post by CVX »

Does this make all of you UK'ers mad? Furious?

I was watching the news and the reporter mentioned that there wasn't a lot of anger in the streets of London. People just wanted to get on with their lives.

I know that if it happened here again, we would be boiling!!!!
theia

Post by theia »

Of course it makes us all angry. But it's not going to help the situation much if everyone walks around losing their rag. People still have to get on with their lives.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
abbey

Post by abbey »

CVX wrote: Does this make all of you UK'ers mad? Furious?

I was watching the news and the reporter mentioned that there wasn't a lot of anger in the streets of London. People just wanted to get on with their lives.

I'm more astounded that it's happened again!

If Britain is on alert i can't understand why sniffer dogs and armed presence is'nt visible around tube entrances.

And second, how 4 bombers were allowed to escape!

Its just typical of laid back Britain.:mad:
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by cvx

Does this make all of you UK'ers mad? Furious?

Course it makes people angry but it's a cold anger, under pressure most british people tend to become even more phlegmatic, ranting and raving solves nothing and is irritating. Getting angry and just lashing out at the nearest target solves nothing either and apart from that lashing out is exactly what the terrorists want which most people are well aware of.

posted by abbey

I'm more astounded that it's happened again!

If Britain is on alert i can't understand why sniffer dogs and armed presence is'nt visible around tube entrances.

And second, how 4 bombers were allowed to escape!

Its just typical of laid back Britain

It's incredibly difficult to stop this kind of attack, armed prescence is hardly likely to be a deterrent yoi can only use a weapon if you know who to use it on. It's not as if terrorists walk around wearing uniforms so you can see them coming. The IRA seem almost rational in comparison.
abbey

Post by abbey »

gmc wrote:

It's incredibly difficult to stop this kind of attack, armed prescence is hardly likely to be a deterrent yoi can only use a weapon if you know who to use it on. It's not as if terrorists walk around wearing uniforms so you can see them coming. The IRA seem almost rational in comparison.True, but they'd have been able to see them running away!
TMC

Post by TMC »

It looks like London got lucky yesterday, apparently the bombs used were the same size as the ones used on 7th July but they failed to detonate.
gmc

Post by gmc »

poated by abbey

abbey wrote: True, but they'd have been able to see them running away!

All they have to do is place it a walk away. guess they'll be removing all the bins again.
TMC

Post by TMC »

A man has been shot at Stockwell Tube station by armed police officers, police confirm.

Passengers were evacuated from a Tube train on the Northern Line station in south London after the incident.

Passenger Mark Whitby told BBC News he had seen an Asian man shot five times by "plain-clothes police officers".

Services on the Victoria and Northern lines have been suspended following a request by the police, London Underground said.
TMC

Post by TMC »

Police have surrounded a Mosque in East London.

TMC

BBC news

London

Return to “Current Events”