New Business Endeavour for me

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
minks

Post by minks »

Holy cow batman I dunno what I have got myself into.... my nerves are tighter than those of a cat stuck in the toilet... yoiks!!

I have had the pleasure of being asked to join 2 other co-workers in a new business venture. We will be taking on a small niche market that is in dire need of a quality product.

I dont' want to put much info out there because this so far is a very covert operation and I do not believe the internet is so vast ahahahaha And do not want to jeaopardize any of us 3's current jobs.

One of us has the knowledge and experience to manufacture a superior product, has past client contacts (good solid contacts), 2 of us have great supplier contacts and awesome purchasing skills, 1 of us has unlimited knowledge of product delivery, 1 of us has outstanding admin skills, 1 of us has superior financial backing, and all 3 of us have over the top knowledge of this field.

Crikey guys this could be the coolest, biggest thing I have ever attempted in my life WOW!

I have never experienced start up before and it's a bit daunting and we are in the very infant stages but our plan is coming together.

I was so darn shocked when I was asked to join these people honored as well. I have been asked if I want to be a co-owner as well.

This comes at a very good time as my current job has shifted hugely in a not so pleasant direction.

I am soooooooooo excited.

Please keep fingers crossed for us you guys we want to kick some serious butt out there :)
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

rjwould;894578 wrote: Would you be willing to consider adopting me?

ahahahaha Oh I think that would be scandalous ahahahaha unless it means you would come work for us and help make our millions ahahahaha

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Wow, good luck and wishing you all the best Minks! You go girl!! :-4
minks

Post by minks »

Betty Boop;894618 wrote: Wow, good luck and wishing you all the best Minks! You go girl!! :-4

Thanks Boops, I can't wait to be a player in the big boys world and I can't wait to tell you guys about it all when we are up an running... and no more secrets to protect ahahahaha

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

minks;894619 wrote: Thanks Boops, I can't wait to be a player in the big boys world and I can't wait to tell you guys about it all when we are up an running... and no more secrets to protect ahahahaha

Wonder if we're still running parallel, if so woohooo for me :wah:
spot

Post by spot »

It sounds exciting minksie, a bit like a roller-coaster. Putting a lot of work in on your own behalf makes so much more sense than doing it for someone else on a fixed salary. The other two are lucky to have you in the team.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

Post by minks »

Betty Boop;894627 wrote: Wonder if we're still running parallel, if so woohooo for me :wah:

Oh B Boop here's hoping eh.... go buy yer lotto ticket will ya :-4

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

spot;894657 wrote: It sounds exciting minksie, a bit like a roller-coaster. Putting a lot of work in on your own behalf makes so much more sense than doing it for someone else on a fixed salary. The other two are lucky to have you in the team.

Oh spot why thank you that means a hell of a lot coming from you again thank you.

Yess I am looking forward to good honest hard work and good rewards.

― Mae West
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Congratulations Minksy!! I'm so happy for you, I look forward to hearing more when you won't have to shoot me to tell me!!:wah::wah:

:-4
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Go girl :-4

Best move i ever made was working for myself.
minks

Post by minks »

WonderWendy3;894695 wrote: Congratulations Minksy!! I'm so happy for you, I look forward to hearing more when you won't have to shoot me to tell me!!:wah::wah:

:-4

oh i will be a braggin when the time comes... maybe finally I will be able to afford a bike my big dream hehehe

Thanks BCups :)

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow, good luck minks! This is great!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Very exciting Minks you will be your own boss imagine that. I wish you all the best luck and good fortune will be coming your way soon. :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Good luck with it all:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I personally would suggest that you perhaps set aside a savings account in doing so...I'm not trying to question your competence or anything and obviously if your only real shot at making your new business endeavor work relies upon your lack of hesitancy then obviously I would say to go for it...

But would just like to remind you that sometimes these things just don't work as initially expected...Again I'm quite sure you're very intuitive...
minks

Post by minks »

K.Snyder;894845 wrote: I personally would suggest that you perhaps set aside a savings account in doing so...I'm not trying to question your competence or anything and obviously if your only real shot at making your new business endeavor work relies upon your lack of hesitancy then obviously I would say to go for it...

But would just like to remind you that sometimes these things just don't work as initially expected...Again I'm quite sure you're very intuitive...

Aw K have you been talking to my dad ahahaha I have about 5 months worth of living expense savings, set aside in case things fail.

Thank you everybody I can't wait to tell you about it when all the dust settles.

― Mae West
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Oh good luck! I have my fingers crossed. I actually just turned down two friends that wanted to do the same. They went from 2 clients to 30 clients in a matter of months! Argh! I may still join up with them next year. I'm way too cautious and wish I had your guts. GOOD LUCK!
nurvepc

Post by nurvepc »

I believe every business can be successfull. Its all about, determination, better product or service, and knowing your competitors.

It sounds like your energized, and ready to go.

Its easy in this economy to build a business from my experience... People have turned away from inferior products. there tired of taking home a product that doesnt do what it says it will.. or breaks... you know what i meant.

Best of luck to you!

Going into business is an excitting adventure.. I quickly learned however.. that being your own boss isnt necessarily true... Your new boss is the customers... which i totally didnt expect, but it happened. But at the end of the day, its all worth it. And you meet amazing people too!

Return to “Work Employment”