K.Snyder

FA Cup 2008

Post by K.Snyder »

The FA Cup is about to begin...

Who will be watching it?...
dubs

FA Cup 2008

Post by dubs »

I watched it. good game, Pompey did good! If Cardiff had won, it would have been their second time winning it, the first was in 1927.. and that was the one and only time a non English team has won the FA cup! ;)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
K.Snyder

FA Cup 2008

Post by K.Snyder »

I was actually rooting for Cardiff City...

I don't particularly care for Portsmouth...

I do however wonder how Wales considers itself a separate nation yet there seems to be exceptions to the rules of English football in this regard...

Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to why a Welsh soccer/football team is permitted to compete in an all English competition...
Chezzie

FA Cup 2008

Post by Chezzie »

K.Snyder;868902 wrote: I was actually rooting for Cardiff City...

I do however wonder how Wales considers itself a separate nation yet there seems to be exceptions to the rules of English football in this regard...

Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to why a Welsh soccer/football team is permitted to compete in an all English competition...

Well it allows all the international footballers to play who are not English so why not :D
K.Snyder

FA Cup 2008

Post by K.Snyder »

Chezzie;868948 wrote: Well it allows all the international footballers to play who are not English so why not :D

Oh I'm not against it by any means I'm just curious...
Chezzie

FA Cup 2008

Post by Chezzie »

K.Snyder;868981 wrote: Oh I'm not against it by any means I'm just curious...

I tried to find out for you, I live in North Wales but Im not Welsh. Im afraid I couldnt find an answer that I could print as in my hubby just gave me an explanation which I make no sense of lol. He said Wales and England play in the league, Scotland have their own league??? Didnt help at all did I lol:D
K.Snyder

FA Cup 2008

Post by K.Snyder »

Chezzie;868983 wrote: I tried to find out for you, I live in North Wales but Im not Welsh. Im afraid I couldnt find an answer that I could print as in my hubby just gave me an explanation which I make no sense of lol. He said Wales and England play in the league, Scotland have their own league??? Didnt help at all did I lol:D

Ha...Uh...No...:wah:

You know what it means when you can't find the answer don't you?...

Money...

Pure and simple...
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

FA Cup 2008

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;868902 wrote: I was actually rooting for Cardiff City...

For the same reason that Celtic and Rangers tried to join - the local competition is not in the same league (pun intended).

The League of Wales doesn't quite go down to pub teams but does include company sides etc.

Cardiff and Swansea are too big for such a league and so were allowed to join the English clubs.
K.Snyder

FA Cup 2008

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;870532 wrote: For the same reason that Celtic and Rangers tried to join - the local competition is not in the same league (pun intended).

The League of Wales doesn't quite go down to pub teams but does include company sides etc.

Cardiff and Swansea are too big for such a league and so were allowed to join the English clubs.

Oh ok...

That does make sense...

Return to “Wide World of Sports”