What is you gas price where you live?

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
spot

Post by spot »

spot;710397 wrote: Did anyone notice the oil price broke past $80 a barrel today? New territory, that. It was under $20 when the Coalition started bombing Afghanistan. The hike's bigger now than when the Yom Kippur War and the subsequent oil embargo happened in 1973.

If anyone blinked and missed it, the oil price has now passed $120 a barrel.

I'll say it again - oil was under $20 a barrel when the Coalition started bombing Afghanistan.

This is a direct consequence of the White House implementation of PNAC's impossible and utterly undesirable grasp at world domination.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

about $3.60/gallon here in SE Georgia. Still no let-up in sight.

can you here the crickets chirping?

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

I just paid $3.49 :-5
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

it was 3.60 something i believe the other day. south florida here.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Galbally;588704 wrote: Erm € 1.08.7 per litre? What ever that is in Dollars per gallon I don't know, but its more expensive than in America anyway, that I do know. :thinking:

Wow, GB and that was only last Aug when you posted that. What are we at now €1.21 per litre?

I am glad that I am able to contribute to the record profits that the oil companies are making.

Go Shell and all you other big oil companies, keep on ripping us all off, we will just keep on taking it and continue paying what ever you want.:-5
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

$3.61 per gallon at Getty here in the Philadelphia burbs.:mad:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Santanico;832576 wrote: OK, after some conversion, I've worked out that here in Aus we're paying up to $1.50 per litre which works out to be about US$5.30 per gallon. (I think:-3)

That sucks!!!Wish it was that cheap in England:-5:-5:(
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Peg

Post by Peg »

$3.69 a gallon today. :-1
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

I paid over £5 today......whats that in $ thinking:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Carolly;858327 wrote: I paid over £5 today......whats that in $ thinking:

About $8.18 / US Gallon
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Bryn Mawr;858334 wrote: About $8.18 / US Gallon

Has the average paycheck gone up in the UK too?
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;858337 wrote: Has the average paycheck gone up in the UK too?Well Im in a funny position....Im self employed and I have been to the Warehouse today and seen a huge increase on items but I HAVE to charge the same thanks to the £1 and 99p shops....so the answer is no and people I know havent had a rise in their pay for awhile but of course this dosent mean everyone hasn't.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

qsducks;858337 wrote: Has the average paycheck gone up in the UK too?

Company Directors have - and MPs of course, in fact everyone who votes in their own remuneration package :wah:

but the average paycheck has risen by less than inflation an so gone down in real terms. :-(
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

It appears that the local average where I live(Northern midwest region of the US) will see an increase of gas prices of up to $4.00 a gallon...

Not good...
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

hit 4 dollars here in south florida...............wonder why it's so much more for yall overseas..........thought it was US "they" hated so much.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Redtail;866983 wrote: hit 4 dollars here in south florida...............wonder why it's so much more for yall overseas..........thought it was US "they" hated so much.
Red the government take 67p a litre which is over £3 a gallon just in tax we pay.....here in England we pay this silly money for petrol thanks to them.I know you guys are not happy with what you are paying but can you imagaine how we feel paying more or less double to what you do.Said before Im moving there lol!!!;)
spot

Post by spot »

K.Snyder;866922 wrote: It appears that the local average where I live(Northern midwest region of the US) will see an increase of gas prices of up to $4.00 a gallon...

Not good...

How long do you expect it to take for this doubling of gas prices you're predicting?? If that's in one year it would be extraordinary, if it's over the next ten years it's both inevitable and desirable.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;867609 wrote: How long do you expect it to take for this doubling of gas prices you're predicting?? If that's in one year it would be extraordinary, if it's over the next ten years it's both inevitable and desirable.

$200 dollars a barrel by the end of the year?

Came across this while searching for a link to the above.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

interesting

spot

Post by spot »

gmc;867644 wrote: $200 dollars a barrel by the end of the year?Snyder's gone rather further than that in his prediction. He's taking the current pump price and adding $4 a US gallon to that. The current pump price is based, presumably, on the current $125 a barrel, I think you need to take that a long way over $300 to push the pump price as much as he's looking at.

Oil was under $20 a barrel when the Coalition started bombing Afghanistan. Failing to connect the price of oil with this Middle Eastern rerun of Columbine High which the White House committed itself to is naive. We've had six years of Smash Islam as official US foreign policy and Western employees are surprised their wealth, what little they had left, is eroding? How ostrich-like can apologists for PNAC's domino theory for spreading "democratic capitalism" get?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;867609 wrote: How long do you expect it to take for this doubling of gas prices you're predicting?? If that's in one year it would be extraordinary, if it's over the next ten years it's both inevitable and desirable.

No predictions...It's hovering around $3.90 where I live locally and from any observance gas prices will always continue to go up...

I really don't think it's a matter of the market rather the simple fact that the government has the power to do it...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well it seems you're taking what I've said wrong...

Increase of up to as opposed to an increase in addition to...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

In any case, here's a link showing a map of from what I've viewed as of yet are gas prices from all over the US...

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_map_gas_prices.aspx
spot

Post by spot »

K.Snyder;868141 wrote: Well it seems you're taking what I've said wrong...

What's an increase of up to $4 on $3.50? My calculator says it's a maximum of $7.50. Perhaps you're looking for "increase to" instead of "increase of"?

As it happens, even a $4 increase on current US prices would still leave gas cheaper than in the UK. Today at my nearest pump here it's US$8.35 per US gallon (that's UK£1.12 a litre).
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;868466 wrote: What's an increase of up to $4 on $3.50? My calculator says it's a maximum of $7.50. Perhaps you're looking for "increase to" instead of "increase of"?

As it happens, even a $4 increase on current US prices would still leave gas cheaper than in the UK. Today at my nearest pump here it's US$8.35 per US gallon (that's UK£1.12 a litre).

Your calculator among others...

It really doesn't matter because such can be argued it's a simple matter of dialect as opposed to intent...
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;868141 wrote: Well it seems you're taking what I've said wrong...

That's an increase to.

An increase of up to suggests that the increase will be of up to $4 not that the final price will move up to $4.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;869097 wrote: That's an increase to.

An increase of up to suggests that the increase will be of up to $4 not that the final price will move up to $4.

Up to means not superseded by right?...

Doesn't matter...I know what I meant...
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;869110 wrote: Up to means not superseded by right?...

Doesn't matter...I know what I meant...

Therefore "an increase of up to" means that the increase is not superseded by right?

No matter - I realise you don't speak English as your first language so I'll make allowances :p

(Two countries separated by a common language and all that).
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;869121 wrote: Therefore "an increase of up to" means that the increase is not superseded by right?

No matter - I realise you don't speak English as your first language so I'll make allowances :p

(Two countries separated by a common language and all that).

I'll accept that...

Don't want to **** off the Germans...
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;869123 wrote: I'll accept that...

Don't want to **** off the Germans...

As Basil says - "Don't mention the war" :wah:

May your daze be long and fruitful :-6
spot

Post by spot »

spot;714787 wrote: If anyone blinked and missed it, the oil price is up from my previous post of $80 to today's $96 a barrel. That's in 12 days. Gosh. Strike my 4 times higher, make it 5 times higher.

If anyone blinked and missed it, the oil price is up from my previous post of $80 to today's $140.39 a barrel. So much for the Project for the New American Century, what a poor collection of predictors they turned out to be.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

spot;899557 wrote: If anyone blinked and missed it, the oil price is up from my previous post of $80 to today's $140.39 a barrel. So much for the Project for the New American Century, what a poor collection of predictors they turned out to be.

I saw that this morning in an article regarding how airlines are being affected. :-3
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

$3.99 here, it cost $44 to fill my tank up from the beach trip.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

chonsigirl;900114 wrote: $3.99 here, it cost $44 to fill my tank up from the beach trip.

$3.99 Here also. It cost me $100.00 to fill up. :(
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ghads, I can't imagine a gas tank that big. But I've seen some high prices on the pump when I pull in.....
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

we've been in the $3.80's here for a while.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

chonsigirl;900122 wrote: Ghads, I can't imagine a gas tank that big. But I've seen some high prices on the pump when I pull in.....

Hey what are going to do when you have a 32.00 Gallon tank. :( :( Can't wait untill it's around $5.00 a gallon. :(
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Cost me $44.00 for a half tank and I drive an SUV:mad:
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I'm in Texas, maybe I'll buy a horse.... :thinking: :D :wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Mustang;900136 wrote: Hey what are going to do when you have a 32.00 Gallon tank. :( :( Can't wait untill it's around $5.00 a gallon. :(

That's a big gas tank. At least it's summer vacation for me, I won't drive much now. :(
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;900169 wrote: That's a big gas tank. At least it's summer vacation for me, I won't drive much now. :(

Neither do I, just too much.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

dubs;614135 wrote: Gah!!! F*&%^$£*&&^^%&£"@.......:-5 :-5 :-5 :-5
Think that means......................GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ....over £5 A GALLON....ABOUT $10 or there abouts I think:-5:-5
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Carolly;900173 wrote: Think that means......................GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ....over £5 A GALLON....ABOUT $10 or there abouts I think:-5:-5

WOW maybe sunny104 has the best idea buy a horse. :)
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

JAB;900348 wrote: It's $4.09 by me. I've actually seen a couple of stations drop their prices in the last week or so. :-2 One dropped it by 3 cents and another by 17!

WOW it's about time the price starts to come down a little.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Aint come down here...........£1.19 a LITRE:(
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I understand many San Diego-ans are travelling south of the border into Mexico for fuel. The Mexican govt is subsidizing fuel costs because much of the nation is poor. Average fuel price is abour $2.50 a gl there.

Many of the Mexican staton owners are refusing to serve Americans in retaliation apparently for our blatant pigdom.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

WaWa's is the cheapest place in town $3.85 per gallon.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Nomad;902097 wrote: Many of the Mexican staton owners are refusing to serve Americans in retaliation apparently for our blatant pigdom.

That's extremely hard to believe...

No one is biased when it comes to money...No one!!!

Not money enough to make you considerably wealthy...Or even comfortable for that matter...
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

$3.97 at Wawa.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

There's a limit on how much gas you can buy in Mexico, but if I lived close I would drive over and buy it there.

Return to “General Chit Chat”