It's official today!

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
WonderWendy3

It's official today!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

My name is no longer the married name I've had for almost 20 years (would've been 20 years this November). I got the paper today that the judge signed off on my name change....I'm back to my maiden name! whooo hooooooo:yh_dance:yh_dance:yh_dance

I remember years ago when family members' of mine got their name changed back to their maiden names after a divorce and I thought it was kinda silly, but well, here I am now....I understand completely! It's a woman thing I guess....:rolleyes:
Santanico

It's official today!

Post by Santanico »

Great news!!! How long do you think it will take before you stop signing your married name? :p
WonderWendy3

It's official today!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Santanico;863887 wrote: Great news!!! How long do you think it will take before you stop signing your married name? :p

Thats a great question, since I JUST bought two boxes of checks for the new address, I was proud of myself that I was able to use the right amount and not waste any checks with my old address on it, now I have 2 boxes of checks with my married name on it!!:-5:-5

Oh well, it will eventually be my name completely again.....:rolleyes:
Patsy Warnick

It's official today!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

That's PROGRESS

That's one LEASH off ya - Congrats

Now, you can be yourself

Love it

Patsy
minks

It's official today!

Post by minks »

Hear Hear, welcome to the club sista...
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
WonderWendy3

It's official today!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Patsy Warnick;863893 wrote: That's PROGRESS

That's one LEASH off ya - Congrats

Now, you can be yourself

Love it

Patsy Its amazing that I do feel a bit liberated!! whoo hooo....after he upset me yesterday I am so glad to be rid of his name attached to me forever!!

minks;863895 wrote: Hear Hear, welcome to the club sista... It feels good to be in the club!...thanks!:-4
spot

It's official today!

Post by spot »

I still can't get over this notion that you need permission to change your name instead of just telling people what your new name is.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Patsy Warnick

It's official today!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oh, Spot how true

Needing permission -

If her birth Certifcate saye a name - she should be able to use that name

Without permission from a court signature...

Once divorced - it strips you from anything to due with the divorcee

you shouldn't need permission from anyone to go back to the previous name or any other name you once used.....

Patsy
spot

It's official today!

Post by spot »

To contrast matters, in the UK any adult can change their name weekly and it's perfectly legal. It would, admittedly, be confusing, but it's legal, officialdom doesn't need to be informed. If you did it that often you might end up being dropped as a bank customer because of the work involved in keeping up with your whims. The sole requirement is that you have no intent to defraud anyone.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
WonderWendy3

It's official today!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Patsy Warnick;863949 wrote: Oh, Spot how true

Needing permission -

If her birth Certifcate saye a name - she should be able to use that name

Without permission from a court signature...

Once divorced - it strips you from anything to due with the divorcee

you shouldn't need permission from anyone to go back to the previous name or any other name you once used.....

Patsy

I agree, and on top of that.....pay $34.00 to process the one little measley piece of paper that I filled out that is my original request for changing my name and the judge just signed it to make it official.....I agree with you....why I never did it before now though, I actually thought it was obsurd and more trouble than it was worth, but decided since I have the time to go to the courthouse and a few bucks...I would go ahead and do it....

I know this may sound stupid to many of you, but my main train of thought was when I get my degree from college next month, I want it to be my maiden name....I know...kinda dumb, but that was what I was thinkin':rolleyes:
chrisb84uk

It's official today!

Post by chrisb84uk »

Congratulations Wendy, I'm really happy for you!! :guitarist :-6
qsducks

It's official today!

Post by qsducks »

Good for you WW! My daughter has already informed me that she has no intention of dropping her maiden name whenever she get's married:D
Chezzie

It's official today!

Post by Chezzie »

Fab news Wenders :-4:-4:-4
YZGI

It's official today!

Post by YZGI »

Sounds to me like you are running from the law..:D
YZGI

It's official today!

Post by YZGI »

You realize that prostitution is legal in Nevada?:cool:
Kathy Ellen

It's official today!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Good on ya Wendy:-4 I'm happy for you:-6 This is a step in the right direction.
along-for-the-ride

It's official today!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I don't think it's "stupid" at all. It's liberating. That's the name you were born with.

I'm kind of proud of my maiden name. Mine is "Favorite".
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
WonderWendy3

It's official today!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Idgie;864112 wrote: I'm happy for you WW!
Thanks!:-4

qsducks;864260 wrote: Good for you WW! My daughter has already informed me that she has no intention of dropping her maiden name whenever she get's married:D Good for her! I actually would take another man's name again, but just wanted to be rid of the ex's common name of Jones....tired of people trying to keep up with me for 20 years now.....:wah:

Chezzie;864779 wrote: Fab news Wenders Thanks Chezzie, I love the kitties!!!:wah:

YZGI;864801 wrote: Sounds to me like you are running from the law..
Why ever would I be running, stealing a car is much more faster!!:wah::wah:
WonderWendy3

It's official today!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

YZGI;864802 wrote: You realize that prostitution is legal in Nevada?:cool:
No, I didn't know that....hmmmm, maybe thats why I can't find a job in

VA....need to be looking to move out west for my newfound career!!:p:rolleyes:

Kathy Ellen;864825 wrote: Good on ya Wendy I'm happy for you This is a step in the right direction.:-4 Thanks my sweet friend!!:-4

along-for-the-ride;864861 wrote: I don't think it's "stupid" at all. It's liberating. That's the name you were born with.

I'm kind of proud of my maiden name. Mine is "Favorite". Your last name is favorite?? How cool is that, I love that too!:-6

Return to “Members' News”