Is london under attack

TMC

Is london under attack

Post by TMC »

Reports are coming in of four explosion on the underground and one on a bus.

The underground has been completely shut down, there are reports of many injuries.
TMC

Is london under attack

Post by TMC »

Another bomb has gone off and the police are going to carry out controlled explosios.
lady cop

Is london under attack

Post by lady cop »

...Injuries reported as blasts rock London

BREAKING NEWS

Several people have been injured as explosions today rocked the London Underground subway network, prompting its closure. Travelers emerged from tunnels covered in blood and soot. A blast also hit at least one bus, witnesses said. Scotland Yard reported multiple explosions across the city and are responding to reports at the Edgware Road, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate subway stations. The cause of the blasts was not immediately known.

FULL STORY
lady cop

Is london under attack

Post by lady cop »

i spoke with Bothwell this morning, he had planned to be in London this morning, then changed his schedule. i was lucky to be able to talk with him, land and mobile lines are out. i hope all our FG friends from the area are safe, this is a horrific scene! nobody knows the true number of casualties yet.
smithy87

Is london under attack

Post by smithy87 »

Apparently doctors are performing surgery the scenes of injury

god this is awful :(
TMC

Is london under attack

Post by TMC »

Al Qeada claim responsibility.
smithy87

Is london under attack

Post by smithy87 »

TMC wrote: Al Qeada claim responsibility.

No surprise there then :-5
buttercup

Is london under attack

Post by buttercup »

i just heard 2 dead, 150 injured

omg i was going to be there with j this week, am so relieved i dident go
MicahLorain

Is london under attack

Post by MicahLorain »

I just now found out about this as it's early morning here. My heart goes out to all the people of Britain. And this is after my Brit Bashing yesterday! It's time to ban Muslims from our cities and deport those in our countries. These animals belong back in their desert wastelands with their violent culture.
abbey

Is london under attack

Post by abbey »

Just a word in the ear of all the bleeding heart liberals that generally come on here bemoaning the plight of Al Qaeda........

DONT!
cars

Is london under attack

Post by cars »

MicahLorain wrote: I just now found out about this as it's early morning here. My heart goes out to all the people of Britain. And this is after my Brit Bashing yesterday! It's time to ban Muslims from our cities and deport those in our countries. These animals belong back in their desert wastelands with their violent culture.

My Heartfelt sympathy goes out to the people of London, expecially to the victims & their families! :-1 I agree it's time to deport "suspicious" Muslims in our cities that are here on Visa's & or especially if here illegally. It may be profiling, but "They" have no rights, the rights that our coallition armed forces fought & died for, to give the coallition countries freedom, and what used to be peace & safety!

But not "all" Muslims need to be deported, as I have several in my town that are hard working "god-fearing" people. That go to their place of worship, work, pay their bills, raise their children-that are playing with local children, send their children to local schools, etc. (So not all)
Cars :)
TMC

Is london under attack

Post by TMC »

Statement claiming London attacks

The BBC has located an Islamist website that has published a 200-word statement issued by an organisation saying it carried out the London bombings.

The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group not previously been heard of.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."
greydeadhead

Is london under attack

Post by greydeadhead »

Well Scrat..

I can't say that I totally disagree with you.. but just after 9/11 I was talking with my daughter and one of her best friends about what happened.. they were both HS freshmen.. and she said something that floored me...

"you can't condemn a whole society for the actions of a few"....

As much as I say toss them all, we can't do that.. if we do, then we are no better than the terrorists themselves..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Bothwell

Is london under attack

Post by Bothwell »

Just heard Rudy Guliani on BBC he was in London!!!

Well there may be a backlash against muslims here maybe not we will see.

The tube is such a soft and dangerous target.

Luckily I cancelled a trip to London today but I sure as hell will be going to the rescheduled meeting on Monday. We have to carry on our lives as normal, be vigilant yes but cower never.

Just been listening to Deputy Police commisioner on BBC and they are tap dancing around the Al Qaeeda link, there is also a rumour of a police sniper shooting dead someone in canary wharf, but as with any incident of this kind rumours abound.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
lady cop

Is london under attack

Post by lady cop »

.....We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill
Accountable

Is london under attack

Post by Accountable »

MicahLorain wrote: I just now found out about this as it's early morning here. My heart goes out to all the people of Britain. And this is after my Brit Bashing yesterday! It's time to ban Muslims from our cities and deport those in our countries. These animals belong back in their desert wastelands with their violent culture.

Now there's a predictable knee-jerk extreme response. :-5

Give some thought to Far Rider's suggestion.
minks

Is london under attack

Post by minks »

Buttercup and Bothwell, bless you both for your intuition.

And I would like to add that while we look deep into the depths of muslim terrorists, and search for solutions, watch over your shoulders as well because other racial terrorist are watching and learning as well.

Terrorism comes in many colors, shapes and forms and when you see that suspicious muslim remind yourself, the asian across the way could be just as guilty. Such a pity we have come to this.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Clint

Is london under attack

Post by Clint »

I wonder if it will be necessary to squeeze a whole group of people hard enough that they are willing to give up the murderous dogs they live with. The low life terrorists live within a community that gives them cover. How do we deal with that without offending anyone?
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
MicahLorain

Is london under attack

Post by MicahLorain »

Clint wrote: I wonder if it will be necessary to squeeze a whole group of people hard enough that they are willing to give up the murderous dogs they live with. The low life terrorists live within a community that gives them cover. How do we deal with that without offending anyone?
Bulldozers work in Israel.
BabyRider

Is london under attack

Post by BabyRider »

Are all the members of FG from the UK accounted for??! I'm wracking my brain trying to think of everyone who's over there....

Far, your suggestion makes the most sense. Lock the place down figure out who's who. And then when you find the ones responsible, string 'em up! :yh_beatup
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BabyRider

Is london under attack

Post by BabyRider »

Clint wrote: How do we deal with that without offending anyone?Who the hell cares if someone gets "offended"???? That's the problem with this whole damn thing, people caring more about offending sensibilities than nailing the fu*kers responsible. Find 'em, and kill 'em. Period.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

minks

Is london under attack

Post by minks »

BabyRider wrote: Are all the members of FG from the UK accounted for??! I'm wracking my brain trying to think of everyone who's over there....

Far, your suggestion makes the most sense. Lock the place down figure out who's who. And then when you find the ones responsible, string 'em up! :yh_beatup

Hey BR we are working on all our members, Check out the be safe thread I started. I hope we hear word from Pink Princess soon.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Clint

Is london under attack

Post by Clint »

BabyRider wrote: Who the hell cares if someone gets "offended"???? That's the problem with this whole damn thing, people caring more about offending sensibilities than nailing the fu*kers responsible. Find 'em, and kill 'em. Period.
Really…I thought the worst thing you could do in this “new world” we live in is offend someone. Blow them up on busses, fly planes into their buildings, crash and blow up the planes and trains they are riding on but by all means never offend anyone. I’m just being careful that I’m not singled out as a terrorist for suggesting that someone be offended.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
BabyRider

Is london under attack

Post by BabyRider »

Ah, sarcasm and irony...in my state of shock and anger, I failed to pick up on that...Sorry Clint! :yh_blush
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bothwell

Is london under attack

Post by Bothwell »

BBc has that an Al Qaeeda website has claimed responsibilty.

It's chaos

London Underground completely closed (they move 3 million people a day)

London buses off the road

All theatre performances cancelled tonight

Major roads closed

They are working to get tube stations open tonight.

The reports I heard say there was no panic in the city and people are trying to go about their normal lives.

Of course one of the biggest problems in now any nutter can ring the police with a bomb threat that the cops will have to take seriously.

This event should also convince anyone who thought that these people were a couple of guys sat in the middle of a cave somewhere, these were well co-ordinated very well planned attacks in what was thought to be a very secure city, my biggest worry is this is not the end by any means.
Bothwell

Is london under attack

Post by Bothwell »

BTW I don't want muslims sent home, Mohammed at my local curry house is always there when I need him on a Friday night after a gallon, these people are to mulsims what the IRA or ETA are to catholics neither representative or typical.

As the mayor of london (Ken Livingstone) said today, "people move to London from all over the world beacuse of its multicultural tolerance, they will continue to do so"
rmc1

Is london under attack

Post by rmc1 »

Bothwell wrote: BBc has that an Al Qaeeda website has claimed responsibilty.

It's chaos

London Underground completely closed (they move 3 million people a day)

London buses off the road

All theatre performances cancelled tonight

Major roads closed

They are working to get tube stations open tonight.

The reports I heard say there was no panic in the city and people are trying to go about their normal lives.

Of course one of the biggest problems in now any nutter can ring the police with a bomb threat that the cops will have to take seriously.

This event should also convince anyone who thought that these people were a couple of guys sat in the middle of a cave somewhere, these were well co-ordinated very well planned attacks in what was thought to be a very secure city, my biggest worry is this is not the end by any means.

I like this last paragraph here. Too many times, and by too many people, these enemies are underestimated and seen as a bunch of simple people with minimal intelligence. That couldn't be more wrong. They have the capability, the means, and more importantly the hate needed to wreak havoc and chaos in damn near any place they want.

Being resolute and continuing in our normal routines is essential. You cannot let them see fear, because that is what they want.
gmc

Is london under attack

Post by gmc »

posted by bothwell

BTW I don't want muslims sent home, Mohammed at my local curry house is always there when I need him on a Friday night after a gallon, these people are to mulsims what the IRA or ETA are to catholics neither representative or typical.

As the mayor of london (Ken Livingstone) said today, "people move to London from all over the world beacuse of its multicultural tolerance, they will continue to do so"

Get the bastards that did this, root them out.

posted by micahlorain

I just now found out about this as it's early morning here. My heart goes out to all the people of Britain. And this is after my Brit Bashing yesterday! It's time to ban Muslims from our cities and deport those in our countries. These animals belong back in their desert wastelands with their violent culture.

Turn on all muslims out if hatred and you do exactly what the terrorists want you to do. We didn't send home all the Irish because of the IRA why send home all muslims, just deal with those responsible.
rmc1

Is london under attack

Post by rmc1 »

My other point is that, if your harbiring them your as guilty as if you pulled the trigger.

I agree with that to a point Far Rider, but here's where I shift. Many of these people, who live in these communities in which the terrorists operate, are not necessarily harboring them. Many of them have dealt with constant fear their entire lives, and that is all they know. That type of fear is unimaginable to me, but I can imagine that it is crippling.

Still, we have to get these terrorists where they are at, or face the fact that they will bring it to us. The way they did on 9/11. The way they did to our friends and allies in London this morning.

The way they'd like to do again and again.
Clint

Is london under attack

Post by Clint »

rmc1 wrote: My other point is that, if your harbiring them your as guilty as if you pulled the trigger.

I agree with that to a point Far Rider, but here's where I shift. Many of these people, who live in these communities in which the terrorists operate, are not necessarily harboring them. Many of them have dealt with constant fear their entire lives, and that is all they know. That type of fear is unimaginable to me, but I can imagine that it is crippling.

Still, we have to get these terrorists where they are at, or face the fact that they will bring it to us. The way they did on 9/11. The way they did to our friends and allies in London this morning.

The way they'd like to do again and again.
You said it. They are living in fear now. Should they be left to live in fear or should action be taken that is uncomfortable in the short term and results in the source of their fear being removed? Muslims are on buses, trains, planes and office buildings when they are blown up just like the rest of us. Their own people are killing them in their hateful acts.

Two guys went hunting. One of them shot a cougar. The wounded cougar climbed a tree then appeared to die in the tree. One of the hunters climbed the tree only to find that the cougar had been unconscious. A terrible fight ensued. The guy fighting with the cougar said; “shoot the cougar”. The guy on the ground said “I’m afraid I’ll hit you”. After fighting a while longer, the one fighting the cougar said, “shoot up here amongst us, one of us needs relief”.
rmc1

Is london under attack

Post by rmc1 »

Clint wrote: You said it. They are living in fear now. Should they be left to live in fear or should action be taken that is uncomfortable in the short term and results in the source of their fear being removed? Muslims are on buses, trains, planes and office buildings when they are blown up just like the rest of us. Their own people are killing them in their hateful acts.

Two guys went hunting. One of them shot a cougar. The wounded cougar climbed a tree then appeared to die in the tree. One of the hunters climbed the tree only to find that the cougar had been unconscious. A terrible fight ensued. The guy fighting with the cougar said; “shoot the cougar”. The guy on the ground said “I’m afraid I’ll hit you”. After fighting a while longer, the one fighting the cougar said, “shoot up here amongst us, one of us needs relief”.

I definitely think action should be taken, and I believe that that action has been in process with the war on terror. I also think these latest attacks need to be addressed aggressively and soon. This cannot be allowed to continue. OUr very way of life is at stake, and must be defended.

The extremists/terrorists/insurgents have no loyalty to their own people, and should not be granted the same. That they kill their own people, including women and children, indicates to me that they are useless.

My primary point is that we can't blame the whole for the part.

Good analogy btw :)
Lizzie Love

Is london under attack

Post by Lizzie Love »

Sad sad news today after the attacks in London, attacks on ordinary people going about their business. I was 18 and working in London when the IRA were bombing London and again, ordinary people were targeted. It is a sad day today that after all the euphoria of the 2012 Olympics this blow has been dealt.

Hatred of each other reagrdless of religious belief skin colour of any other difference will breed violence and it is heartbreaking to witness, wherever it happens.

I have friends who are muslim, hindu jewish christian etc., etc. My family consists of maguires, kennedys, flanagans and we have had "thick irish" jokes abounding for years. Most of my students are from poland, chzeck republik, georgia, moscow, kiev, libya.

we are as a species in deep deep trouble as we continue to hate and kill each other, I doubt we will survive. No need to be concerned about who gets what during the 2012 Olympics, I think it is highly likely that none of us will be around.

I feel so much for the people today who have had their lives destroyed, just as I felt so much yesterday for those others in other parts of this world whose lives are destroyed by this hatred and just as much as I will feel tomorrow., when it happens again, in another country, to other families.

Sadness and grief for all of us (human beings) who are destroying this beautiful Mother Earth and taking our children's future from them.

namaste

Lizzie Love :-1
"Peace begins with a smile"

Mother Theresa
MicahLorain

Is london under attack

Post by MicahLorain »

Far Rider wrote: OK as with this attack I will use restraint with responding to your post.

How many of these attacks didnt occur because Britan is fighting in Iraq?

You can't answer that.

It doesn't matter how light the attack was or how bad it was, the fact remains that it's another active attack.
So Britain is safe because they are in Iraq? Why didn't Britain invade decades ago if Iraqi occupation guarantees security?? War=Security! I smell Orwell.
Jives

Is london under attack

Post by Jives »

Funny thing about that, TW, the aggressors didn't get attacked. The terrorists didn't attack an army unit. They didn't put on uniforms and battle against other combatants. No....the snuck into the country dressed as civilians, sneakily planted explosives in populated areas, then detonated them at a time they knew they could kill the most innocent people.

They are worse than murderers. No, the "aggressors" didn't get attacked. Innocent civilians...women and children...got attacked. The cowardly, lowly, sub human rats waged war on CHILDREN!

So, go ahead, TW....defend attacks on children now. I'm waiting. :mad:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
MicahLorain

Is london under attack

Post by MicahLorain »

Jives wrote: Funny thing about that, TW, the aggressors didn't get attacked. The terrorists didn't attack an army unit. They didn't put on uniforms and battle against other combatants. No....the snuck into the country dressed as civilians, sneakily planted explosives in populated areas, then detonated them at a time they knew they could kill the most innocent people.

They are worse than murderers. No, the "aggressors" didn't get attacked. Innocent civilians...women and children...got attacked. The cowardly, lowly, sub human rats waged war on CHILDREN!

So, go ahead, TW....defend attacks on children now. I'm waiting. :mad:
The aggressors are British and American!!!! Do you think invasion isn't aggressive?? Are you in Arkansas??
Jives

Is london under attack

Post by Jives »

Hey Micah! The "invaders" (as you call them) are in Iraq, not in the subway! So you too, think it's ok to slaughter children and women? I feel sorry for you.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
MicahLorain

Is london under attack

Post by MicahLorain »

Jives wrote: Hey Micah! The "invaders" (as you call them) are in Iraq, not in the subway! So you too, think it's ok to slaughter children and women? I feel sorry for you.

The people in the subway are paying for the invasion and sending their kids to fight. Again, CONSEQUENCES!!!

Return to “Current Events”