Bobby
YZGI

Ten Thousand Dollar Offer

Post by YZGI »

Dang, just missed it...by 7.:o
koan

Post by koan »

How on earth does a person prove they've never coveted?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Jester;837856 wrote: I broke all ten.

But hey, at least I'm consistant!:wah:

Im glad God offers forgiveness! Gods Grace!
Ok, it might have been 10 with me also but a couple were iffy so knowing I wasn't going to win I gave myself the benefit of the doubt. Hmm did I just break another?:D
Ted

Post by Ted »

That is the safest offer that anyone has made. They knew no one would qualify.

Shalom

Ted:-6
koan

Post by koan »

Jester;837842 wrote: Introspection... trust me you coveted, same as me...:-3

I'm just sayin'... if a person hadn't coveted, how on earth would they prove it?

besides that, one can't really remember if, as a baby, one might have coveted someone else's rattle.
Santanico

Post by Santanico »

Jester;837856 wrote: I broke all ten.

But hey, at least I'm consistant!:wah:

Im glad God offers forgiveness! Gods Grace!

Me too, I'm a bad, bad girl :(
Ted

Post by Ted »

I always wanted that other kid's rattle. LOL

Shalom

yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Hmm ... this all reminds me of the e-meter gimmick in Scientology.

Dangle imaginary money ($10,000) as an incentive to get an audience, then diagnose someone with an imaginary problem, sell them an imaginary cure, and take 10% of their lifetime earnings through tithe. People probably lose about $200,000 in tithe if they actually buy into this sales pitch.

I'd like to see a more accurate contract that said "Lose tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!" :)
BHughesNC

Post by BHughesNC »

yaaarrrgg;839745 wrote: Hmm ... this all reminds me of the e-meter gimmick in Scientology.

Dangle imaginary money ($10,000) as an incentive to get an audience, then diagnose someone with an imaginary problem, sell them an imaginary cure, and take 10% of their lifetime earnings through tithe. People probably lose about $200,000 in tithe if they actually buy into this sales pitch.

I'd like to see a more accurate contract that said "Lose tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!" :)

Do you really think the goal is to earn tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Just who would be the beneficiary?

Just how much do you think people spend in a lifetime to find inner peace through materialist, psychological, self-esteem issues and wind up empty, unfulfilled and alone?

Bobby
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

BHughesNC;839927 wrote: Do you really think the goal is to earn tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Just who would be the beneficiary?

The church?

BHughesNC;839927 wrote: Just how much do you think people spend in a lifetime to find inner peace through materialist, psychological, self-esteem issues and wind up empty, unfulfilled and alone?

Bobby

Paying tithe is an extension of the failed approaches you mention. People are trying to buy happiness ... it would be sad if they were sucked into it by the initial promise of $10,000.
BHughesNC

Post by BHughesNC »

yaaarrrgg;839962 wrote: The church?

Paying tithe is an extension of the failed approaches you mention. People are trying to buy happiness ... it would be sad if they were sucked into it by the initial promise of $10,000.

"The Church" did not make this offer. This is made by a person who is trying to get people to realise that we are all imperfect and have broken God's laws. Is the $10,000 offer an "attention getter"? No question it is.

Paying tithe is not a payment, but an offering of thanks for fulfiment of your life, which if you don't recieve you will not give. Not a requirement.

What's sad is that someone would spend $30,000 or more for a car to impress people in order to win friendship or self-worth, or $10,000 or more for breast augmentation to find love.

Bobby
Ted

Post by Ted »

BH is correct on that one. Though I don't think one could buy an impressive car for $10 000. LOL

Actually the church is the people. It is not a building. The church meets in a building. Since the people are the church they are basically contributing to themselves in one way or another. No one demands the tithe nor expects it. If all one can afford is a nickel that is all one gives. If one can afford nothing, they are still welcome.

If these people choose to build a new building they also choose to pay for it. They are not commanded from on high.

I don't know how it is in other countries but here in Canada the church must disperse 80% of its receiptable collections, after legitimate expenses, to official charities. If anyone thinks there local church is getting rich they better think again.

Shalom

yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Sounds like Canada has a better set of laws... I don't think there's any regulation in the U.S. on tithe collection/redistribution.
Ted

Post by Ted »

yarg:-6

It would be interesting to hear from other countries as to the regulations concerning the disbursement of church funds.

Shalom

BHughesNC

Post by BHughesNC »

Ted;841364 wrote: BH is correct on that one. Though I don't think one could buy an impressive car for $10 000. LOL

Actually the post said $10,000 for breast augmentation, 30K for car.

God Bless

Bobby
Ted

Post by Ted »

BH:-6

Personally I would start with the Lexus at about $100 000. LOL

Shalom

Return to “General Religious Discussions”