Florida no retreat? What happened to the blood?

commie_kalafornian

Post by commie_kalafornian »

Hey didn't the anti-gunners promise that lawful gun owners would go on a killing rampage and make the streets run red with blood? What happened? Why aren't the streets red with blood in Florida?
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hello and welcome........i have no idea what you are referring to, but i 'm a florida cop ... the blood flowing is drug dealers killing each other and murdered police.:-1 and the occasional drive-by shooting of innocent victims. it isn't lawful gun owners creating the carnage. i do note the sarcasm in your post and expect you are for lawful gun ownership.
CVX

Post by CVX »

lady cop wrote: hello and welcome........i have no idea what you are referring to, but i 'm a florida cop ... the blood flowing is drug dealers killing each other and murdered police.:-1 and the occasional drive-by shooting of innocent victims. it isn't lawful gun owners creating the carnage. i do note the sarcasm in your post and expect you are for lawful gun ownership.

Hello LadyCop,

I'm surprised you didn't know about this. It made National news for weeks.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/06/State ... _let.shtml

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/2005/06/flo ... t-law.html
CVX

Post by CVX »

commie_kalafornian wrote: Hey didn't the anti-gunners promise that lawful gun owners would go on a killing rampage and make the streets run red with blood? What happened? Why aren't the streets red with blood in Florida?

Law abiding citizens prove their mettle again. As LadyCop mentions, it is just the druggies, criminals, and losers that are going around killing each other. It's natural selection in a kitchen dispose-all kind of way.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

the anti-gun nuts said the exact same thing way back in 1987 when florida passed their must-issue concealed carry law, which has been a model for CCW laws in a couple of dozen states - "the streets will run red with blood".

the anti-gun nuts have never been able to understand the subtle distinction between "criminal" and "non-criminal". criminals don't give the slightest thought to whether they can get a concealed carry permit - they just carry their gun anyway, because *they're criminals*, and criminals don't care about breaking the law!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
abbey

Post by abbey »

I was always under the assumption that it was already legal to

"meet force with force" in the States. :confused:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

CVX wrote: Hello LadyCop,

I'm surprised you didn't know about this. It made National news for weeks.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/06/State ... _let.shtml

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/2005/06/flo ... t-law.html

ah, CVX, i did know about the legislation and wrote about it in some thread somewhere. but i never thought it would mean blood in the streets. it just gives license to self-defense in public. but so far i have seen none of it. there will be a test case one day i am sure. i do recall saying something to the effect of if you're standing in line at the 7-11 and someone pulls a gun all hell could break loose.
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

abbey wrote: I was always under the assumption that it was already legal to

"meet force with force" in the States. :confused:
Only in Dodge City with Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday, and Bat Masterson

lol

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

commie_kalafornian

Wolverine wrote: Only in Dodge City with Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday, and Bat Masterson

lol

I don't understand you? Why problem do you have with this concept:

Someone trying to kill you.

Then you shooting them to save your own life.

Is something confusing you? Do you find this concept unclear? This is so simple common sense that a child would understand it. That is why it is called a 'common sense' law. So I don't understand why you have a problem, find it unacceptable, or difficult to understand. Do you have any such barriers to understand things concept?
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Have I been this remiss in watching the FG threads??!! Wow, I must have been sleep-walking for the past 4 days. commie kalafornian, you will get no debate or argument from me whatsoever. Note the sig line.

Welcome to FG!! :yh_peace
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

commie_kalafornian

lady cop wrote: ah, CVX, i did know about the legislation and wrote about it in some thread somewhere. but i never thought it would mean blood in the streets. it just gives license to self-defense in public. but so far i have seen none of it. there will be a test case one day i am sure. i do recall saying something to the effect of if you're standing in line at the 7-11 and someone pulls a gun all hell could break loose.

I prefer to examine the recent stats from Michigan and thier concealed firearm program:

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0%2C1607%2C ... %2C00.html

The stats are very clear. Lawful citiznes carrying guns in the street collectively did NOTHING with them for several years. The number of firearm crimes commited by these people is so low that is statistically zero. This is the dirty secret anti-gunners don't what you to know.

Return to “Gun Control”