The math is very clear, gun free = expensive

commie_kalafornian

Post by commie_kalafornian »

A cheap shotgun = $275

A modern cheap handgun starts at $350

A hunting rifle minus optics starts at $400.

A target pistol starts at $1000.

A target rifle starts at $1200.

Then there are historical firearms worth thousand and even millions of dollars.

There are 230 to 280 million guns in the USA. If the government just paid $100 dollars per gun that is 20 BILLION dollars. Ever check to see how much an aircraft carrier costs? Much less that 20 Billion. Much less. When Congress stabs each other in the back for a million dollars, there is no way your going to get the money to buy back guns at a fair market price.

Or

You can just trash the 4th Amendment and just take the guns for free, but won't that be stealing?
abbey

Post by abbey »

I just can't figure out wether you are pro or anti gun use :confused:
commie_kalafornian

Far Rider wrote: Yeah Kommie, Spell it out already, Spill the beans... you want guns er not?

I'm a NRA ranked national match high power rifleman. Let me ask you a question, am I pro-gun control?

Yes I am pro-gun control. I am 100% for the a ban on the possession, sale, and transfer of all types of firearms to convincted felons, the medically insane, and minors. Can I be anymore strict in my beliefs and politics on gun control? Everyone else should have unlimited access to centerfire firearms not classified as destructive devices. Isn't that a common sense political belief? Isn't that a Jeffersonian idealism regarding rights and freedom? Isn't that what democracy in the USA is all about? That full citizens should be able to exercise thier rights without any intervention and anyone else sticking thier nose in thier business?
Jives

Post by Jives »

flopstock wrote: Stick to your guns here Kommie!

ROFL! That sentence is funny on so many different levels! :D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
commie_kalafornian

Jives wrote: ROFL! That sentence is funny on so many different levels! :D

Is there something wrong with the first post in this thread? Did I misrepresent any of the numbers or guestimates? Keep in mind I estimated extremely LOW for those numbers. So then now what?

Do you think if anti-gunners get thier way that gun onwers are going to get a fair market value for thier property? Do you expect that anti-gunners objective is a gun free society? From those numbers in the first post of this thread, do you thik it is going to be possible to pay out a fair and just compensation for property?

Or

Is the government just going to steal the property? Is that what anti-gunners hope will happen? You know they are not going to get 20+ billion dollars. Right? You know that is simply not going to happen, right? So then is stealing the property a pretty good conclusion?

And

If the government just takes legal property, then what is stopping them from taking any other property?

Return to “Gun Control”