Center for Disease Control says:

commie_kalafornian

Post by commie_kalafornian »

No proof gun laws help. Boy how do you anti-gunners explain that?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/975079.asp?cp1=1
MicahLorain

Post by MicahLorain »

I'm a republican and never owned a gunin my life. what is with you extreme gunnuts? does your gun make up for a weaknes somewere else?? Commie?? You should be ashamed.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

While I don't get the "commie" part, either, I have to call you on the "gun nut" comment. There are literally thousands and thousands of responsible, trained, LAW-ABIDING gun OWNERS in the world. I happen to be one of them. I take offense at the blanket statement of "you gun nuts."

The only weakness I'm aware of is a fear of spiders, and I don't shoot those.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Clint

Post by Clint »

BabyRider wrote: While I don't get the "commie" part, either, I have to call you on the "gun nut" comment. There are literally thousands and thousands of responsible, trained, LAW-ABIDING gun OWNERS in the world. I happen to be one of them. I take offense at the blanket statement of "you gun nuts."

The only weakness I'm aware of is a fear of spiders, and I don't shoot those.
You should shoot spiders so I don’t have to. I prefer a twelve gauge. It makes a mess but there usually isn’t much structural damage. I’d us a 50 cal. But I might knock down a tree and I’m a tree lover. :wah:

I own guns. I haven’t fired one in over three years but I have the right to own my guns. I can’t remember when I wasn’t around guns. I was brought up to respect guns and that is how I brought up my children as well.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I learned to shoot when I was 6 years old. It was a necessity where I grew up - snakes, coyotes, pumas etc. were a threat when you are on your horse alone. I own guns and am not a "commie" or a "gun nut". When children are around I unload them all AND check the barrel. If more children knew about gun safety fewer of them would be killed by their own curiosity. It is a weapon to be respected when you are handling it. As for the criminal element - they will get them no matter what, it is not the consciencious gun owner (one who buys legally) that are the fault of so many crimes committed with guns. Am I off base in this comment LC?
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I've never owned a gun of my own in my life. I've never really seen the need. Why is it that other people that have this in common think that it's justification to keep other people from buying and using their own guns??

After that New London decision, I'm thinking about buying some firearms, though.
BTS

Post by BTS »

MicahLorain wrote: I'm a republican and never owned a gunin my life. what is with you extreme gunnuts? does your gun make up for a weaknes somewere else?? Commie?? You should be ashamed.
? does your gun make up for a weaknes somewere else??

Why yes it does make up for a weaknes..... Only when the guy that came into my house un-invited and tried to abduct my daughter found out who was weaker ..... A 12 gauge carried by a pissed off dad can make anyone or thing weaker.

If you are implying that a person who protects his family with a firearm is lacking somewhere....... Just come in my house un invited and I will show you weaknes.................PAL
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

NV asks....the fault of so many crimes committed with guns. Am I off base in this comment LC?................we have had a few gun discussions...to me it is a tool of my trade and i must be proficient. it is a tool to save innocent lives. as to the general public, i am all for law-abiding decent people to own and carry and protect their homes and loved ones. not only that, but it is the good citizen who may well help me out someday, although i would prefer innocent citizens were not in harm's way. of course criminals obtain weapons. try searching the average miami drug dealer with an AK-47 in his underwear, or making a traffic stop where some nutjob comes up with a gun instead of a license and registration. or a domestic call, where they hate each other until you get there, then you're the enemy and they shoot your ass. (see my thread "manhunt") then there's the whole armed robbery scenario. we will never get guns away from criminals. but the armed lawful citizen is a good antidote.... CAVEAT--i really do NOT want citizens in firefights!! they are not equipped for it and should retreat if the police are present. but the protection of your family is your right............Manhunt! ( 1 2 3 )

lady cop

gmc

Post by gmc »

Is it not a case that your biggest problem is a gun culture? Even if you banned all guns tomorrow it will be decades before it makes any difference.
MicahLorain

Post by MicahLorain »

BTS wrote: ? does your gun make up for a weaknes somewere else??

Why yes it does make up for a weaknes..... Only when the guy that came into my house un-invited and tried to abduct my daughter found out who was weaker ..... A 12 gauge carried by a pissed off dad can make anyone or thing weaker.

If you are implying that a person who protects his family with a firearm is lacking somewhere....... Just come in my house un invited and I will show you weaknes.................PAL
i can't believe you threated me with death for not unerstanding the lust for guns. i never said all gunowners are nuts. just ones like you that replace manhood with metal. idont need a gun and never have. youwant to kill me for my thoughts? hopefuly youre daugter doesnt decide to play with your metal manhood and blows herself away likemy nephew did10 years ago.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

gmc wrote: Is it not a case that your biggest problem is a gun culture? Even if you banned all guns tomorrow it will be decades before it makes any difference.

What difference are you trying to make? :confused: The biggest problem is not the "gun culture;" it is gun control. The murder capitals we're always hearing about are the cities with the tightest gun control. The small towns where everybody owns guns has far fewer firearm incidents per capita, I believe.

There's a place in Florida that had a drop in the crime rate when gun controls were relaxed.
MicahLorain

Post by MicahLorain »

Accountable wrote: What difference are you trying to make? :confused: The biggest problem is not the "gun culture;" it is gun control. The murder capitals we're always hearing about are the cities with the tightest gun control. The small towns where everybody owns guns has far fewer firearm incidents per capita, I believe.

There's a place in Florida that had a drop in the crime rate when gun controls were relaxed.
I found spellcheck! I'm not a supporter of gun bans but there should be regulation so they arent sold like packs of cigarettes. the us has a very high crime rate compared to the countries of europe and australia, nz, japan and canada. they restrict guns to. the ones that want to flood our cities with guns should try raising a family in a ghetto full of guns and scores of dead kids to back it up. its easy to lust for guns in the boonies!
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

MicahLorain wrote: there should be regulation so they arent sold like packs of cigarettes.
Umm...There are.

MicahLorain wrote: the us has a very high crime rate compared to the countries of europe and australia, nz, japan and canada.
There is crime everywhere. Even in countries that don't allow guns. Do some research, heck in this very forum there are plenty of threads with statistics for you to look at.

MicahLorain wrote: its easy to lust for guns in the boonies!I don't get what you mean by this...

You still seem to have this attitude about gun owners in general, and it's a mistaken one.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Clint

Post by Clint »

MicahLorain wrote: I found spellcheck! I'm not a supporter of gun bans but there should be regulation so they arent sold like packs of cigarettes. the us has a very high crime rate compared to the countries of europe and australia, nz, japan and canada. they restrict guns to. the ones that want to flood our cities with guns should try raising a family in a ghetto full of guns and scores of dead kids to back it up. its easy to lust for guns in the boonies!
I was born and raised in the Idaho boonies. I have guns. That must mean I “lust” for guns. Hey, makes sense to me. :wah: :p
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
MicahLorain

Post by MicahLorain »

Clint wrote: I was born and raised in the Idaho boonies. I have guns. That must mean I “lust” for guns. Hey, makes sense to me. :wah: :p

one little sample of the hilarity of gunworship- 2 8year olds shot to death by driveby shooter aiming for his exgirlfriends house. they were cute. now their pigtails are soaked in blood. real funny! perp stole gun from registered owner and killed him to. very funny
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

MicahLorain wrote: one little sample of the hilarity of gunworship- 2 8year olds shot to death by driveby shooter aiming for his exgirlfriends house. they were cute. now their pigtails are soaked in blood. real funny! perp stole gun from registered owner and killed him to. very funnyTossing out a few examples of the criminals who use their guns for harm is just ridiculous. You are the one who brought up phrases like "gun-nuts", "gun-worshippers" "lust" and other such nonsense. I am fully aware of the criminals who do harm with guns. Most gun owners are. Why do you think we're gun owners? Have you ever actually researched this topic, or are you reacting strictly from an emotional standpoint? Do you actually know anything about guns, gun owners, the laws governing ownership, the NRA, or ANYTHING other than your little blurbs from stories we have all heard a thousand times and hate just as much as you do because it casts a pall over ALL gun owners, no matter HOW responsible we are?? Have you even bothered to look at any statistics? Or are you just spouting news stories from the anti-gun media that you've read or heard?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Clint

Post by Clint »

MicahLorain wrote: one little sample of the hilarity of gunworship- 2 8year olds shot to death by driveby shooter aiming for his exgirlfriends house. they were cute. now their pigtails are soaked in blood. real funny! perp stole gun from registered owner and killed him to. very funny

That is a very sad story. My condolences to everyone who was affected by it..

That doesn’t change the fact that it is the one who did the shooting that should be the focus of outrage. Putting the gun in prison won’t solve a thing. The people where these things are happening have been complacent too long. They should be rising up against the low life forms that do these things. It is easier to blame guns though… No hard work involved in that.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

gmc wrote: Is it not a case that your biggest problem is a gun culture? Even if you banned all guns tomorrow it will be decades before it makes any difference.
Not quite...If all guns were banned tomorrow the difference would be seen immediately. The criminals, who will keep getting and using guns will take full advantage of an unarmed society and it will be utter chaos. Not decades from now, but immediately.

You are familiar with Washington, D.C., I assume? Why do you think it is the "Murder capitol of the world"? Because guns are banned. The society there cannot protect itself. How strange...the city where guns are banned has the highest murder rate...how very ironic... :yh_eyebro
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

MicahLorain

Post by MicahLorain »

BabyRider wrote: Tossing out a few examples of the criminals who use their guns for harm is just ridiculous. You are the one who brought up phrases like "gun-nuts", "gun-worshippers" "lust" and other such nonsense. I am fully aware of the criminals who do harm with guns. Most gun owners are. Why do you think we're gun owners? Have you ever actually researched this topic, or are you reacting strictly from an emotional standpoint? Do you actually know anything about guns, gun owners, the laws governing ownership, the NRA, or ANYTHING other than your little blurbs from stories we have all heard a thousand times and hate just as much as you do because it casts a pall over ALL gun owners, no matter HOW responsible we are?? Have you even bothered to look at any statistics? Or are you just spouting news stories from the anti-gun media that you've read or heard?
i dont need a college course in guns to form an opinion. i dont want guns banned. i think the more guns that are out there the more that filter down to street thugs, i live in a big great lakes city and kids are killed all the time with guns. not knives or tobacco or bare hands. guns kill people and i dont want one. owners be sure to remember if your gun is sold or stolen the life that can be taken with it down the road will be remembered on judment day. those girls would be alive now if the registered owner hadnt bought it to start with. keep guns legal, and hold original owners responsible for any crime it shows up at. THAT is responsibility.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

You are again mistaken, ML. The criminal that shot that child would have gotten a gun from anywhere he could have, legitimate owner or not. Everyone, (yourself included) wants to blame the responsible, law-abiding gun owners for the criminals behavior. Doesn't anyone see a major problem with that? Forget that the criminals will always break the law, hold the original owner responsible. :yh_doh

If someone were to break into my home, when it was empty, with the intent of stealing my guns, they would have to bring a big damn crane and a blowtorch to get into my safe. And what if they did? What if someone KNEW how I stored my guns, as safely as I possibly can, and brought the necessary tools to get them and then committed a murder with one of my guns? Should I be brought up on murder charges? I train with my guns, all the time, I know how to handle each one safely and we are teaching our kids how to handle them safely, and with RESPECT. I do everything possible to maintain my guns the safest way I can. So. In your opinion, if a criminal were to get one of them, and use it to kill someone, I should be held accountable? Thank god I live in America where that ain't gonna happen.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

MicahLorain wrote: i dont need a college course in guns to form an opinion.Another case of "I have my opinion...don't confuse me with FACTS."
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

MicahLorain wrote: i.... keep guns legal, and hold original owners responsible for any crime it shows up at. THAT is responsibility.

Excellent idea! Of course we can't stop there. Ownership is ownership after all, right? So by extension, everybody who was stupid enough to allow some poor irrelavent criminal to steal their car and hit someone should be sitting in jail?? :driving:

I think it's cute that you call us liberals in another thread! :wah:
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Accountable wrote: Excellent idea! Of course we can't stop there. Ownership is ownership after all, right? So by extension, everybody who was stupid enough to allow some poor irrelavent criminal to steal their car and hit someone should be sitting in jail?? :driving:
Accountable, have I told you that I really like the way you think? :yh_bigsmi
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Thank you ever so! :yh_blush
Clint

Post by Clint »

BabyRider wrote: Accountable, have I told you that I really like the way you think? :yh_bigsmi
Ditto here.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i hope this is not too off-topic. florida has finally made people, who leave loaded weapons within the reach of children, liable for criminal prosecution. works for me. hang 'em high.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: i hope this is not too off-topic. florida has finally made people, who leave loaded weapons within the reach of children, liable for criminal prosecution. works for me. hang 'em high. Absolutely, LC. I'm an advocate of RESPONSIBLE gun ownership. (Gee, I'll bet you didn't know that... :yh_doh ) If you can't keep tabs on it, and your kids, you don't belong owning one.

I think some here may be shocked to see that opinion from me.... :yh_eyebro

And where have you been, young lady???! :yh_angry
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote:

And where have you been, young lady???! :yh_angry busy as heck and also partied out...one of ours just left florida forever so i threw a big party. too whipped to post! LOL....then our helicopter went down and 2 of ours got hurt and chopper destroyed. big headlines around here and the comm. center, 911, went NUTS. then my sheriff goes back in hospital tomorrow. i am a bit distracted. i come here for some normalcy! AGGGHHHHHH!!!
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: i come here for some normalcy! AGGGHHHHHH!!! Well there's your first mistake... :yh_rotfl
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

commie_kalafornian

MicahLorain wrote: I'm a republican and never owned a gunin my life. what is with you extreme gunnuts? does your gun make up for a weaknes somewere else?? Commie?? You should be ashamed.

You mean you don't believe the CDC? You don't believe the CDC because I'm a gun nut? Is that all you got? Is that the reason why you don't believe the CDC and that is how you convince me you are right regarding your political beliefs on gun control?

That is classic dark age thinking.

You are the one that should be ashamed. After ten years and 2 million dollars of research by public policy experts, statisticians, doctors, and scientist this is what they found and you don't believe the CDC because you think I'm a gun nut?!!!!!

Time for you to join the scientific age and think with your brain and not with your animal emotions. Your animal emotions are not a good way to design a public policy
commie_kalafornian

MicahLorain wrote: I found spellcheck! I'm not a supporter of gun bans but there should be regulation so they arent sold like packs of cigarettes. the us has a very high crime rate compared to the countries of europe and australia, nz, japan and canada. they restrict guns to. the ones that want to flood our cities with guns should try raising a family in a ghetto full of guns and scores of dead kids to back it up. its easy to lust for guns in the boonies!

How do you think guns are sold? I think you need to do some research into the laws and regulations that must be met before a gun is sold and it is not how you 'think' it is done like a pack of cigarettes.

Please humor me, TELL me how guns are sold and lets see if your right or based your ideas on how guns are sold by missinformation and prejudice.
Xxena

Post by Xxena »

commie_kalafornian wrote: How do you think guns are sold? I think you need to do some research into the laws and regulations that must be met before a gun is sold and it is not how you 'think' it is done like a pack of cigarettes.

Please humor me, TELL me how guns are sold and lets see if your right or based your ideas on how guns are sold by missinformation and prejudice.

I see Micah is all over the place here spewing his lovely venom of misinformation and paranoia.

As the child of immigrants to this country, my husband was also as well.. we both started out in the inner city and bad neighborhoods of chicago at those times.. but our families instead of whinning about it - did something about it, worked hard and saved their money and moved out away from that area. Either of us could have been "bad kids" running with the wrong group ie., the local gang at the time, selling drugs and a horde of other illegal things that "all" the inner city kids do.. Is it me or does Micah tend to just stereotype everything and everyone ??? ... But like many other kids born into poorer familes in the inner cities - we were among those that decided that was NOT for us in the future and did what it took in school and finding jobs and working to get out as soon as we could. In his case it meant every cent he could make at part time jobs and odd jobs around the neighborhood went to his father for the account to buy a house further away from the inner city but still in Chicago... being my husband if 5

years older than me by the time his family moved out, so did ours but I was not old enough to work yet. BUT I was expected to do stuff around the house for free as part of the family... there was no such thing as allowance in our house.. it needed to be done, you lived there, ate there, slept there etc .. you did it period..no question asked.

There was an invisible "no whinning" sign in our house along with the invisible

"shut up and just do it and quit complaining sign".. which in turn leads kids to becoming self sufficient independent adults.

MICAH ... NO WHINNING

The difference between Congress as envisoned by the Founding Fathers and the Congress we have today is one of them inspires patriots to support it, and the other inspires patriots to buy extra ammo (Angel Shamaya):lips:

Return to “Gun Control”