Where is Natalee?

Discuss missing adults, unsolved or suspicious deaths, unidentified persons, and more.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

LoveMama wrote: LC...........honestly, tell us what your take on this is!

geeze louise, don't put me on the spot or anything! i emailed you what i think, but will be more circumspect here.....first of all, i find it quite interesting that aruban law allows people to be jailed for up to 116 days with no formal charges having been filed (with periodic judicial review). further, they can interrogate for 6 hours before allowing an attorney to be present. also, evidently they do not have to provide any discovery/evidence to the defense attorney, or even allow them to see their clients! so it's a bit like alice down the rabbit hole. good for the DA office, tough on the accused. ........my take on the accused? oh boy. i think the suriname brothers are telling the truth, they dropped Joren and Natalee off at the beach. the DJ...unknown quantity. the master of the boat "tattoo" refuses to turn over logs as to whether the boat went out that sunday night. however, he will say it never does go out on sundays. joren...has changed his story a couple times. he does admit being alone with her on the beach and says he left her there alone and she was well. i don't buy that.( i cannot help thinking about the "preppie" murder scenario. killed during rough sex. or resisting.) ok the kid goes home. mom is in holland. dad is there and the kid spills his guts. dad helps him take care of business. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION OF WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED. one thing the DA office did say that raised red flags for me...in re: the arrest of the dad...they have clearly stated that he was detained for something having to do with the actual disappearance as opposed to a cover up. today all 5 of the suspects go to court to ascertain whether they may be held longer...it will be interesting to see if they all remain in custody. i do know this much....an EXPERT interrogator is needed to interview the suspects. no offense to the locals, but they don't deal with crime like this routinely in aruba.
LoveMama

Where is Natalee?

Post by LoveMama »

Thank you LC...I got your email. Didn't mean to put you on the spot but you're a cop, you see things differently! You KNOW more!Thank God for people like you!

:D

I agree with everything you say. I know that LE said that's 'Dad' was arrested because he had something to do with her dissapearance and not JUST cover-up!

WOW........ Something's got to break soon.

I can't wait!

xxxxxxxxoooo

Mama Louise

lady cop wrote: geeze louise, don't put me on the spot or anything! i emailed you what i think, but will be more circumspect here.....first of all, i find it quite interesting that aruban law allows people to be jailed for up to 116 days with no formal charges having been filed (with periodic judicial review). further, they can interrogate for 6 hours before allowing an attorney to be present. also, evidently they do not have to provide any discovery/evidence to the defense attorney, or even allow them to see their clients! so it's a bit like alice down the rabbit hole. good for the DA office, tough on the accused. ........my take on the accused? oh boy. i think the suriname brothers are telling the truth, they dropped Joren and Natalee off at the beach. the DJ...unknown quantity. the master of the boat "tattoo" refuses to turn over logs as to whether the boat went out that sunday night. however, he will say it never does go out on sundays. joren...has changed his story a couple times. he does admit being alone with her on the beach and says he left her there alone and she was well. i don't buy that.( i cannot help thinking about the "preppie" murder scenario. killed during rough sex. or resisting.) ok the kid goes home. mom is in holland. dad is there and the kid spills his guts. dad helps him take care of business. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION OF WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED. one thing the DA office did say that raised red flags for me...in re: the arrest of the dad...they have clearly stated that he was detained for something having to do with the actual disappearance as opposed to a cover up. today all 5 of the suspects go to court to ascertain whether they may be held longer...it will be interesting to see if they all remain in custody. i do know this much....an EXPERT interrogator is needed to interview the suspects. no offense to the locals, but they don't deal with crime like this routinely in aruba.
CARLA

Where is Natalee?

Post by CARLA »

I agree LC they need to let the experts take this over, something is rotten in Denmark, as they say. :-5

I also think dad may have helped his son dispose of Natalie. I hope these teams from the US will find her now.

if they did dispose of Natalie remember they live on the island so knowing where to place her so she might never be found is in their favor. They know their legal rights they can just sit this out and continue to plead not "GUILTY" till everyone goes home. :-5 :-5

NATALIE MAY NEVER BE FOUND UNLESS THEY CAN BREAK THE SON DOWN..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

sunday----the Dj and joren's dad are being released from custody. and a note...the dad is NOT a judge, he applied but was denied a judgeship.
CARLA

Where is Natalee?

Post by CARLA »

This has just gone on to long. :mad: I don't understand why that can't get a confession out of these kids, the whole thing just seems odd to me. :-3
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

Natalee's parents are furious that paulas van der sloot (the dad) has been released, they are 100% dead sure he knows what happened and is involved. the DA office says they will continue to investigate him.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

Scrat wrote: I don't know just what to think of this, I suspect they will have to let the boys go soon. They need evidence to hold them after a certain amount of time I'm sure.

Sad.not in aruba evidently. (see my post above re: aruban law)....they can hold them 116 days just for questioning. with no probable cause.
mominiowa

Where is Natalee?

Post by mominiowa »

TW - I really do enjoy your posts - so PLEASE do not be offended..:D I was just adding my 2 cents and sometimes end up with a $1.50 - K? I have been gone for a couple days and was meaning to clear that up..and OH my yes - u have all the right to post your opinions...gawd knows I do...LOL Sorry again-

Does anyone besides me think: they arrested the dad in order to have them together and even maybe to pacify(sp?) the parents if Natalie...maybe he passed on what he needed to in the jail becuase he was unable to see his son...so now they are all sitting in there knowing if they stick to their stories and no body is found that they are clear -Am I saying that right? - Bluntly, I think he helped get rid of her - after a maybe drugged girl got way to messed up, he called dad - they did what they had to do and now she is gone...and 11 days is a lot of time to pour concrete--- just ask :yh_pig Scott Peterson:yh_pig how he did it in 8 hours.....Sorry poor taste on my part:yh_shame ..I just couldn't resist..

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

......Suspect Got Legal Advice From Dad After Holloway Disappeared

The father of a suspect in the case of a missing Alabama teenager told his son that without a body there is no case. More Details
CARLA

Where is Natalee?

Post by CARLA »

HUH..!! IS SHE DEAD OR ISN'T SHE.. THEY CHARGED THEM WITH MURDER, BUT SAY THERE IS NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OF HER DEATH.. :-3

Three Charged With Murder in Aruba

Alabama Teenager Natalee Holloway Missing Since May 30

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (July 1) - Three young men detained in the disappearance of an Alabama teenager have been charged with murder since their arrest more than three weeks ago, Aruba's chief prosecutor told The Associated Press on Friday.

The charges were not announced at the time to protect the feelings of the family of 18-year-old Natalee Holloway, said Attorney General Karin Janssen.

''At the time, we didn't want to upset the (Holloway) family talking about murder while they searched,'' Janssen said.

Janssen, who has said several times in the past three weeks that no one was charged in the case, said they also kept the information quiet in order not to compromise their investigation. Authorities have said they have no physical evidence suggesting Holloway is dead.

Janssen said 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot, 17, and two Surinamese brothers who are his friends have been charged since their arrest - 10 days after Holloway disappeared on May 30.

Also Friday, Aruba's government defended its handling of the investigation, saying many of the criticisms arose from misunderstandings of the Dutch legal system used on the Caribbean island.

Police have been criticized for letting more than a week go by without detaining the three young men last seen with Holloway and for waiting 16 days after she went missing before searching van der Sloot's home.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

the report was erroneous Carla......they have NOT been formally charged. they will be in court monday, july 4, to determine whether they can be held for 60 more days on suspicion of homicide and kidnapping. once the DA formally charges them, they have to release discovery and evidence to defense lawyers and the public. so they are not going to charge any sooner than they must. also....a body is not needed to prosecute a murder case. not here, and not aruba. circumstantial evidence is sufficient.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

July 4>>>FOX is reporting that the two kalpoe brothers are being released, and their mother is taking them back to suriname. Natalee's family is going to be very upset, and may have a press conference later. they said they will "blow up" the investigation.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

hi Mary...in brief the arubans can hold someone in 8 day increments with no charges, nobody has been charged yet. they are merely under suspicion. the one kid still in custody has a hearing tuesday to see if he can be released. they have no probable cause requirement. and the prosecutors can appeal decisions, unlike US. a lot is going on in this case but has been overshadowed by other events. also, in aruba they do not have to let the lawyer see his client, nor is the lawyer privy to discovery, ie, evidence. i do know that the prosecutors are trying to find cause to re-arrest the kalpoe brothers and joran's father. searches continue, but i will eat my combat boots if the poor girl is found.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

sunday july 17 update.... this past week the judge declined to re-arrest the kalpoe brothers, which the prosecution had asked for. the judge also declined to release joran van der sloot. so they have less than 60 more days to hold him before another judicial review. the searches have proved fruitless until a small discovery today which may or may not be relevant...a piece of duct tape was found in the water with strands of long blonde hair adhered to it.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

hi Scrat...the re-arrest of the kalpoes and the father of joran is still on the table. they have sent the hairs for comparisons. if there is no root DNA is not possible, only similarities. they will take her hairbrush i am sure. in all honesty, if she were dumped in certain areas with outgoing current she has been consumed by ocean creatures.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

you make excellent points. but as a lifelong diver, i would say reefs are relatively shallow. reefs don't grow in deep water with no sunlight. anyone with knowledge of the local u/w charts would have dumped her where the ocean current was strongest, to take her out to open ocean. and crabs and other scavengers would do the rest. even on the reef that would be so.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

just in....the FBI says the hairs on the duct tape were NOT Natalees. ...july 28. there's been a lot going on in this matter, i will report back if anything definitive.
nvalleyvee

Where is Natalee?

Post by nvalleyvee »

Natalee is dead and her family needs some closure. I cannot imagine if she or ANY OTHER of the missing children in this country were mine. You would have to peel me from the walls and probably get a restraining order to bar me from the police department because I would be so far down their throat to Please Find Her!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

this is a judicial travesty..Judge In Aruba Blocks DNA Samples From Dutch Detainee

DNA samples collected from a Dutch teenager being detained in Aruba in the disappearance of a missing Alabama teen can't be used in a case against him, a court rules.

CARLA

Where is Natalee?

Post by CARLA »

:-5 Un real... This Kid is going to get off scott free.. why because they will never find her body... he knew exactly where to dump her, all he has to do is stay silent and this will all blow over and he will walk away a free man..:mad: :mad:

Crazy laws in Aruba... once again a reminder when you travel do your homework on the places your to visit. Just because your an american or a citizen of any country doesn't mean your laws will protect you and your loved ones while in another country...:thinking:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

the poor woman, just couldn't stay in aruba any longer. she does have another child at home who needs her. ....also, searchers asked the wannabe judge, paul van der sloot, if they might search his property...to put to rest suspicions about his involvement. evidently he made quite a loud and nasty scene in refusing them access. .............Mom's story here: Missing teen's mother leaves Aruba
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

Scrat wrote: If he has nothing to hide let them search his property. Simple enough 'eh?Scrat if you knew you were innocent you would welcome the opportunity to prove it. they wanted to search his well and he went ballistic. i know, need a warrant and all that, i understand the legalities. he was within his rights. but man if i were on that police dept. i would be applying for a search warrant now! just for drill.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

well tomorrow, aug. 6, is the van der sloot kid's birthday. he will turn 18 and the conditions of his detainment will change drastically. ...in my jurisdiction we farm out juveniles to a separate facility which is not under the direction of my sheriff. however, we inspect the place 4 times each 24 hours by court order, to be sure the little darlings are not being abused, the staff there are not sworn LE. we will hold juveniles in our jail whose serious crimes warrant being tried as a adult. the moment they turn 18, at midnight, they are taken out of protective custody and put in blocks with adult offenders, usually quite an eye-opener. ...so young joran will see a whole new world now. of course he is refusing to talk at all, which is his right. if no evidence or body is found before sept.4 that young man is going to walk...right to an airport.
kmhowe72

Where is Natalee?

Post by kmhowe72 »

I was just reading on AOL< that greta on the record is soaring . Because of the Natalee Story. Well is she being obsessed or what. Personally, if it was my child missing I would be very greatful to Greta
kmhowe
valerie

Where is Natalee?

Post by valerie »

Greta Van Susteren

(Think that's how you spell it!)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

valerie wrote: Greta Van Susteren

(Think that's how you spell it!)FOX news cable at 10 PM eastern nightly...constant rehash.
robinseggs

Where is Natalee?

Post by robinseggs »

Well, does anyone feel that this case will ever be solved?? I must admit I have backed off a little bit as I became frustrated...wish they could find her and her family could have some peace. Seems last few weeks there is no new news and the media just KEEPS ON TALKING about the SAME things over and over.......
Nature laughs Last
kmhowe72

Where is Natalee?

Post by kmhowe72 »

Did you ever hear of Gret on the record. If you live in the U.S. it's on Fox news Channel. Every week night at 10 pm. she is a former lawyer turned pudit. Meaning basically talk show host. ie. Geraldo rivera
kmhowe
robinseggs

Where is Natalee?

Post by robinseggs »

Yes I have been watching Greta and everyone else that will talk about it. There's just no new tale to tell.............(think that's a song!!) LOL
Nature laughs Last
kmhowe72

Where is Natalee?

Post by kmhowe72 »

I saw on msnbc last night the poor mother talking to one of the suspects. Although she said he did not admit anything, she did say something about Depock is that his name admitting sexual assault. That was brave , I probably do the same thing. But I won't I am not going on forum gardening talking about my missing child.
kmhowe
kmhowe72

Where is Natalee?

Post by kmhowe72 »

whats with the green dot next to our name
kmhowe
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

kmhowe72 wrote: whats with the green dot next to our nameit means you are logged in here.---------Natalee's Mom confronted one of the kalpoe brothers at his job. so he filed a complaint in court. she has now filed counter-complaint. he did not admit anything to her. another item, there is a new search team from US there working. and they claim that texas equusearch worked two hours a day and drank beer the rest of the time. quite a serious allegation made in public.
Casey

Where is Natalee?

Post by Casey »

:_ I feel so bad for natalee, and what she must have gone thru. Mostly i feel terrible for her mom. My son was murdered and losing him was the worst thing that will ever happen to me. i can't imagine not knowing where my child is, and not being able to bury her. My heart goes out to:yh_flower :yh_flower :yh_sad Twitty Holloway.
mominiowa

Where is Natalee?

Post by mominiowa »

Casey - my thoughts are with you.......

I wish there would be some closure in this for someone...at least the body be found - or someone just admit what happened.........let them go home and try to live the rest of their life happy until they are together again.........:-1

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

a denuded arm was washed up 20 miles away in venezuela. it was complete to the hand. it is being DNA tested.
robinseggs

Where is Natalee?

Post by robinseggs »

This sounds awful.....what does "denuded" mean??
Nature laughs Last
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

robinseggs wrote: This sounds awful.....what does "denuded" mean??without flesh. still no word on the DNA testing.
lady cop

Where is Natalee?

Post by lady cop »

8-26......the kalpoe brothers have been re-arrested. this is breaking news, will keep an eye on the story.

Return to “Missing Adults”