Feng Shui

Discuss Sikhism, Shinto, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Kabbalah, others.
koan

Feng Shui

Post by koan »

pronounced (fung shway)

This is a type of environmental yoga where, by the placement of furniture and colours around your home, you can affect the fortunes in your life. There are a few different disciplines of thought on how to apply the Bagua map to determine which areas of the room are related to which aspects of your life but they break down to Health, Wealth, Fame, Relationships, Children, Helpful Friends, Career, Wisdom, and Family. It is believed that keeping a good flow of Chi energy through the home will increase success in the various aspects of one's life. The enemy of good Feng Shui is clutter.
john8pies

Feng Shui

Post by john8pies »

Whilst I agree with you that the enemy of Feng Shui is clutter, I don`t know if I can really honestly believe in Feng Shui itself; it`s just a series of rules made up by somebody, which may or may not be correct (IMHO). Mind you, my own home is a shrine to clutter so perhaps I should try harder!!!
Lon

Feng Shui

Post by Lon »

koan wrote: pronounced (fung shway)

This is a type of environmental yoga where, by the placement of furniture and colours around your home, you can affect the fortunes in your life. There are a few different disciplines of thought on how to apply the Bagua map to determine which areas of the room are related to which aspects of your life but they break down to Health, Wealth, Fame, Relationships, Children, Helpful Friends, Career, Wisdom, and Family. It is believed that keeping a good flow of Chi energy through the home will increase success in the various aspects of one's life. The enemy of good Feng Shui is clutter.
Feng Shui can be instrumental in helping one to obtain better sleep and sexual performance/gratification, depending on which direction the head of the bed or body is facing.
koan

Feng Shui

Post by koan »

Another quick fix is to make sure you close the drain outlets so Chi energy does not go down the drain (in the form of money). Close the toilet lid, the bathroom door kept shut, keep the shower curtain pulled closed and the stoppers in the sinks when not in use. I did this for a week and found that money did, in fact, stay in the bank longer. All those little expenses stopped cropping up. I have a kid so keeping the rules in force isn't easy but when I make a conscious effort I do see the results.
abbey

Feng Shui

Post by abbey »

Dunno about toilet seats & shower curtains, sometimes keeping ones mouth shut also helps good karma! :wah:
abbey

Feng Shui

Post by abbey »

Lucky old you F.R! i could certainly use someone in my messy, scruffy life to sort me out.:-3

Strangely enough, although i live in utter chaos i always know just where to lay my hands on something i need! x
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

I love feng shui, don't know as much about it as I"d like! But FR, your desk should be facing the doorway anyway. And maps on the wall probably aren't bad, especially if they're in the right spot! I got one of those small fountains for Christmas last year. Late December I put it in the corner of our bed-sitting room, hoping to draw energy to the family section of that room and our life. Within a few weeks all hell had broken loose in my personal life, amazing things that are still going on! Not what I was expecting at all! But still, I wanted a human energy of some kind, just got a little different type than I'd expected. Nuff said. And I did go through my whole house with color and placement in mind as best I could. Still not clear on a lot of it but I detest clutter and want it out of my life. My best friend's house is such a flippin' mess, my fingers just itch when I walk in there. And guess what? Her life and her family's life, are in constant turmoil! Constant...I've told her...
minks

Feng Shui

Post by minks »

ahahaha FR that is a hoot. Sorry Fen Shway would make for a mental Minks. I am a clutter bug and organization stress's me out ahahaha I think much like Abbey. Feng shway (sorry I keep spelling it wrong) is meant for those who have the mind set to manage it. For me as soon as something is out of sight it is quite litterally out of mind, and at work that would be horrific as projects would never get completed hehehehehe

Home NO WAY with myself and my daughter having ADD/ADHD impossible hehehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

Far Rider, how funny! I always unplug mine at night! But I don't need to tell you that now...
telaquapacky

Feng Shui

Post by telaquapacky »

I think the thing about Feng is that if you pay attention to those things you have the kind of mindset that avoids trouble and channels energy more efficiently in other areas of you life than arranging furniture.

I myself love to see baseboards. I hate a room where every square inch of floorspace that could fit furniture is full of furniture- every wall lined with furniture somebody couldn't bear to part with :mad:

I have the sad misfortune of being both a clutterer and one who can't function amid clutter. I am eternally looking for things, and when I have to look in a cluttered enviornment I give up.

Ever had the experience of needing something- and you had it in your hand only a moment ago! but now it's gone and you look high and low, and can't find it anywhere? That comes from "emptying your hand." You have the needed item, but you do something else for a moment, for which you have to empty your hand, but it doesn't register (you don't say to yourself "I-am-putting-the-pliers-on-the-top-of-the-refrigerator") Moments later when the pliers are needed, where did they go? The top of the refrigerator is the last place you would think to look. I just must have done too much drugs as a youth. :(
Look what the cat dragged in.
minks

Feng Shui

Post by minks »

telaquapacky wrote: I think the thing about Feng is that if you pay attention to those things you have the kind of mindset that avoids trouble and channels energy more efficiently in other areas of you life than arranging furniture.

I myself love to see baseboards. I hate a room where every square inch of floorspace that could fit furniture is full of furniture- every wall lined with furniture somebody couldn't bear to part with :mad:

I have the sad misfortune of being both a clutterer and one who can't function amid clutter. I am eternally looking for things, and when I have to look in a cluttered enviornment I give up.

Ever had the experience of needing something- and you had it in your hand only a moment ago! but now it's gone and you look high and low, and can't find it anywhere? That comes from "emptying your hand." You have the needed item, but you do something else for a moment, for which you have to empty your hand, but it doesn't register (you don't say to yourself "I-am-putting-the-pliers-on-the-top-of-the-refrigerator") Moments later when the pliers are needed, where did they go? The top of the refrigerator is the last place you would think to look. I just must have done too much drugs as a youth. :(

Welcome to my world, ahahahahahahahaha I could really take this thread left but will allow it to keep on the right track.

I run a fountain in my room mostly because I have neighbors who have a rather loud TV at ntie so my feng is kind of only a half attempt at peace and order ahahaha Just a little Feng for me thanks.

― Mae West
telaquapacky

Feng Shui

Post by telaquapacky »

minks wrote: I run a fountain in my room mostly because I have neighbors who have a rather loud TV at ntie so my feng is kind of only a half attempt at peace and order ahahaha Just a little Feng for me thanks.I stick a small wet wad of tissue paper in my ears. Doesn't always come out. Wonder where it goes?
minks

Feng Shui

Post by minks »

oh oh that is scarey stuff hehehehehe

you should never stick foreign items in your ears ahahaha

I live in a house and still can hear the neighbors base noise of the TV in my bedroom at nite.

― Mae West
telaquapacky

Feng Shui

Post by telaquapacky »

minks wrote: oh oh that is scarey stuff hehehehehe

you should never stick foreign items in your ears ahahaha

I live in a house and still can hear the neighbors base noise of the TV in my bedroom at nite.I know. They say never clean your ears with Q-tips. What are you supposed to use- your elbow? (yes. they say nothing smaller than your elbow). Anyway, it's domestic tissue paper. Are you saying I'm not patriotic?

:wah:

You need to get a bass of your own then. A bass guitar with a huge, powerful amplifier. Set it up facing their TV room and play punk music all night at top volume. You might need a larger waterfall then.
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

Far, how's this for informal? I can get a lot worse but won't just now! We run a fan at night, every single night of the year. And it started out all because our neighbors had barky dogs. Can't sleep without the white noise now.
minks

Feng Shui

Post by minks »

Nuther that is funny my kid does that with the fan cause i am too cheap to buy a noise machine. See instinct kicks in, in the womb we had mothers heartbeat and rushing blood to lull us to sleep.

T you know if you keep loosing tissue in your ear, maybe get a product that is highly biodegradable, the stuff folks use in their motor homes ahahahahaha

Far I would like to Feng shway my neighbor with a ergonimically correct 2 x 4

― Mae West
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

I think a fan has to be better than a noise machine! We all have our methods. We like ours and we're stickin' to it! That fan, we don't even know how old it is, at least 15 years and has run at least 8 hours a night every night with no problems whatsoever!
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

Far: I don't know how the fan fits in to the feng shui thing, but at least it's stirring the vibrations around in that dead corner of the room!

Marty Robbins? I listened to him as a kid. Know all those songs from the album with the hot pink cover! I'm old; now you know!
minks

Feng Shui

Post by minks »

Nuthrday wrote: Far: I don't know how the fan fits in to the feng shui thing, but at least it's stirring the vibrations around in that dead corner of the room!

Marty Robbins? I listened to him as a kid. Know all those songs from the album with the hot pink cover! I'm old; now you know!

you are in good company a handful of us here are "old" hehhehehehe

― Mae West
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

Hey Minks...still got the coffee pouring in my house....but I'll tell you this once cuz I'm trying to get a grip on it---52! That feels very old some days! I'm probably not addressing the feng shui as much as I need to, huh?
minks

Feng Shui

Post by minks »

Nuthrday wrote: Hey Minks...still got the coffee pouring in my house....but I'll tell you this once cuz I'm trying to get a grip on it---52! That feels very old some days! I'm probably not addressing the feng shui as much as I need to, huh?

Cheers Nuther I am on me second cup so shall we drink together hehehe oooo girl you got a year or two on me but what the hey, young at heart and I think at our ages who needs feng shway, we got comfy furniture that knows our backsides well and family herilooms that counts for something don't it hehehehe

― Mae West
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

Minks, I'm stickin' with the feng shui, want to learn lots more. But I"m with ya on the comfy chairs!!! Got a wedding two hours away today (ugh) so I'm doing some heavy R&R first thing this morning. Just don't like weddings much; sorry...
minks

Feng Shui

Post by minks »

Nuthrday wrote: Minks, I'm stickin' with the feng shui, want to learn lots more. But I"m with ya on the comfy chairs!!! Got a wedding two hours away today (ugh) so I'm doing some heavy R&R first thing this morning. Just don't like weddings much; sorry...

Gawd weddings, there are only 2 I am looking forward to, both my girls .... eventually.

awwww sorry you don't like weddings much, how come?

― Mae West
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

Thread Drift......my own daughter's wedding was awesome. Now for my son...Just don't like those social events where I don't know people...but I do go for the cake!
minks

Feng Shui

Post by minks »

Nuthrday wrote: Thread Drift......my own daughter's wedding was awesome. Now for my son...Just don't like those social events where I don't know people...but I do go for the cake!

ah I got ya I can understand that, the ex's line of work took me to many a social function where I didnt' know anyone, not terribly comfortable.

Yep we drifted hehehe Ok back to the topic, I haven't got a feng bone in my body, my house is not decorated cause I have not idea how to do it. Pity that but I really have no clue. Odd huh

― Mae West
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

I have a few friends who are interested in arranging their house carefully. Just clenaing out the junk seems to make a huge difference in your mental clarity. One of my best friends has a house you can barely get through and, as I said in an earlier thread, her life is chaos most of the time. My son the packrat had to move this spring. He spent weeks cleaning out the garbage in his room, throwing away almost everything but what he could put in his pickup. He told me one day that it felt so good to get rid of that stuff and he wasn't interested in living like that again! I about did a cheer!
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

Ok, just got home from that wedding; gorgeous country out there in eastern Oregon!!! Sat on hay bales in a field, ate bbq'd elk....keg 'o beer...

Far, if you want to keep up with us wimmin you must check the posts. I'm not gossiping much on here--yet!

That fan thing; yes it's probably good feng shui, keeping the air going!

Sorry you little girl will never find a true love, live happily every after!!! LOL
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

Gawd, Far, way to give your kid a complex!!! Bad Dad!! My daughter was afraid we'd kick her out when she got to the age of 18 and she just knew she didn't want to. Of course she couldnt' get out fast enough! Kids are funny...I have a feeling your daughter will feel the same way about you telling her she can't get married! Got a daughter almost 22, son 24. Great kids, good friends...

And, yes, she's into feng shui--haha.
Nuthrday

Feng Shui

Post by Nuthrday »

Well, Fa, I'm no feng shui expert, and obviously you have a ways to go in that department also. I wouldn't be using it to draw people in so you can kill them off. You can, however, fix things so no boys will come to your house! Please consult an expert for this. I'm not an expert, I'm just mouthy...
telaquapacky

Feng Shui

Post by telaquapacky »

The Swedes have something like Feng Shui. If you've ever been to an IKEA showroom, you'll see all their sleek, efficient (and minimalist) furniture. There's a funny DVD on the subject called "Kitchen Stories," about back in the 50's when they were studying the movements of Swedish housewives in the kitchen. It opens with a lecturer saying "We have managed to reorganize the kitchen so that in a year, the average Swedish housewife only walks to Spain, instead of to South Africa."

They decided to do a ill-fated second study of Norwegian batchelors in their kitchens. This makes for a humorous and engaging film I highly recommend.

Return to “Eastern Religions”