Attack on USS Liberty

BuckTurgidson

Attack on USS Liberty

Post by BuckTurgidson »

Turbo...the 'allegiences' your referred to earlier, what do you think?
turbonium

Attack on USS Liberty

Post by turbonium »

BuckTurgidson wrote: Turbo...the 'allegiences' your referred to earlier, what do you think?
Well, just a quick note - we'll be veering off the Liberty on that, but if you want we can have another thread as something like "Is there an element in the US Gov't whose first allegiance is to Israel?" And the Liberty can be an example. What do you think? And, we can still have this thread on just the Liberty incident too....
BuckTurgidson

Attack on USS Liberty

Post by BuckTurgidson »

Whatever, I am more interested in discussing the motivations behind it rather than the event itself.
turbonium

Attack on USS Liberty

Post by turbonium »

OK - well, it's easier for me first to remember some of the people currently in the Bush Admin. and a few former members who are now outside advisors to the Gov't. Almost all currently hold dual US-Israeli citizenship or have very close ties to Israel through having worked within the Israeli Gov't or through Israeli special interest groups.Richard Perle (I love his nickname: The Prince of Darkness), Paul Wolfowitz, Michael Chertoff, George Tenet (real name: Cohen) heads the CIA also Elliot Abrams, others include Donald Kagan, Douglas Feith, Don Zakheim, Richard Haas, Kenneth Adelman, Steve Goldsmith, Edward Luttwak, Robert Satloff, David Frum, Marc Grossman and David Wurmser.

There's others that elude me at the moment. You may be familiar with some of these names from the PNAC documents. They of course many of the "neo-cons" most hawkish for war in Iraq right now (as PNAC outlines). They are virtually unanimous with the Israeli Gov't stance on Middle East policy and action plans (we know what that entails!)

Next post - Liberty connection

Return to “History”