Starbucks

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
AussiePam

Starbucks

Post by AussiePam »

I once visited the first Starbucks - Pikes Place market in downtown Seattle.

There are so many Americans from backgrounds where real coffee is appreciated. Life is full of mysteries.

:-6
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

G-man

Starbucks

Post by G-man »

Itsme;708951 wrote: New to all this but wanted to ask, as I have never visited a Starbucks, do they do tea? I detest coffee!

They own Tazo tea.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

lalalala

Starbucks

Post by lalalala »

I'm not addicted to starbucks! I'm addicted to dark chocolate!
Jerry

Starbucks

Post by Jerry »

CARLA;634790 wrote: Oh yes it is an expensive addiction. I only get one about once a week if I can hold out that long.

FAVORITES: All Grande's of course. ;) and hot.

1. Caramel Macchiato

2. Cinnamon Dolce Latte - whip

Caramel Macchiato. I love you ! :-4:wah:

I haven't tried the other one yet. I like Cinnamon, so I might have to try that one next time.

Oh, and have you tried the French little shell like cakes, or whatever they are called with the first one? m m M ! Oh, thanks now I want one. :driving: :wah:
Geronimo

Starbucks

Post by Geronimo »

Oh baby, thats not french cookies thats belgian chocolate! :p

if we tlak abou those shell of chocolate, bith white and dark chocolate.. ;)

I htink i will go for a cinamon one.. cause it must taste real good.. but i never went in a starbuck didnt even check if there si one here.. i make my own addictive poisons home.. brew own coffee too.

I dont call it an addiction, but a must! :p:D
suzycreamcheese

Starbucks

Post by suzycreamcheese »

saffy;634886 wrote: I hate starbucks with a passion.

They're taking over and pushing independent coffee shops out of the high streets.

And that's not even mentioing how much they pay the coffee bean producers.

I know I know, I feel guilty for that reason, but oooh their Lattés are good, and at least theyre fairtrade!!!

I also like the fact that I can actually get my pushchair through the door at my local starbucks, whereas i cant in most of the other coffeeshops round here
saffy

Starbucks

Post by saffy »

I think you actually have to state when you order that you would like fairtrade though don't you? You don't automatically get fairtrade..I dunno, I'll look it up.

You can definitely buy whole fairtrade coffe beans there though..

I miss tea shops, with china plates and doilies like I used to go to with my mum when I was a little, true you can't get a buggy in the shop but to be honest you really should be doing the ironing or something not drinking lattes.;)
Jerry

Starbucks

Post by Jerry »

Geronimo;778442 wrote: Oh baby, thats not french cookies thats belgian chocolate! :p

if we tlak abou those shell of chocolate, bith white and dark chocolate.. ;)

I htink i will go for a cinamon one.. cause it must taste real good.. but i never went in a starbuck didnt even check if there si one here.. i make my own addictive poisons home.. brew own coffee too.

I dont call it an addiction, but a must! :p:D

It didn't have chocolate in it, hun. Although, I did see a chocolate cookie like thing there. What I am talking about looks like a yellow shell cake like thing.

Oh, I am so good at trying to explain things. :rolleyes::wah:
Geronimo

Starbucks

Post by Geronimo »

Jerry;778633 wrote: It didn't have chocolate in it, hun. Although, I did see a chocolate cookie like thing there. What I am talking about looks like a yellow shell cake like thing.

Oh, I am so good at trying to explain things. :rolleyes::wah:

yes exactly not ver close to anything i am able ot can imagine..send me a picture that will be better. :)
Geronimo

Starbucks

Post by Geronimo »

The meeting place for morning coffee wasnt here Jerry... i was waiting for you else where.. why do you do that?

you knew it, so why are you here?
Jerry

Starbucks

Post by Jerry »

Oh, my gosh, hun.. you won't believe this, but I found them. :wah:

They are called French Butter Cakes (Madeleines).

These are so good to eat with the coffee I said I like. :-4
Jerry

Starbucks

Post by Jerry »

Goodmorning to you too. :rolleyes::wah:
chonsigirl

Starbucks

Post by chonsigirl »

*sipping coffee*
Jerry

Starbucks

Post by Jerry »

Never mind that, I even found out how to make those cookies. :-4

:wah: Give me a few mins..I'll be right there. :)
Jerry

Starbucks

Post by Jerry »

chonsigirl;778809 wrote: *sipping coffee*

I want a starbucks coffee.. NOW ! :wah:
Geronimo

Starbucks

Post by Geronimo »

Jerry;778806 wrote: Oh, my gosh, hun.. you won't believe this, but I found them. :wah:

They are called French Butter Cakes (Madeleines).

These are so good to eat with the coffee I said I like. :-4

Oh, i know those i eat them when i was young, they are so good!:p

all french cakes are so good.. I miss them here they got nothing but crap.. they have nothing at all, only cookies which i hate cause they are too sweet they dont taste good they taste of sugar..:(

you should try those with orange, you will die! a skal of orange, and orange jam inside , its really good! i think you will get them where you are, if you can get madeleines, then you can get those too.. ;)
chonsigirl

Starbucks

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, they do look yummy...

Attached files
Jerry

Starbucks

Post by Jerry »

chonsigirl;778819 wrote: Oh, they do look yummy...

Oh, girl.. why did you do that to me? :-4 :wah:

I didn't know they came with the white stuff on it too. MMM ! :-4

:wah:
beautyful

Starbucks

Post by beautyful »

I've had like 6 coffees today...no more :(
lalalala

Starbucks

Post by lalalala »

I had a large regular coffee. It was bitter so I added a bunch of cream and boy was it good.
qsducks

Starbucks

Post by qsducks »

Dunkin Donuts has the best cawfee. And the donuts aren't bad either.
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Clearly I am the only one then that doesn't like coffee and finds even the smell horrid!? Hahaha well I suppose I always knew that I was strange and I suppose this proves it! :D :wah:
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Not a starbucks addict. but i do like the caramel coffee.
Smoke signals ftw!
AussiePam

Starbucks

Post by AussiePam »

I really do like coffee. A lot. Which is a very good reason not to go to Starbucks.

Furry Samaritan

Starbucks

Post by Furry Samaritan »

Venti Hot Chocolate with Toffee Nut syrup & whipped cream (hazelnut or caramel also do the trick).

It's DEFINITELY a "once in a while" indulgence!

Have a great day!
AussiePam

Starbucks

Post by AussiePam »

Furry Samaritan;797243 wrote: Venti Hot Chocolate with Toffee Nut syrup & whipped cream (hazelnut or caramel also do the trick).

It's DEFINITELY a "once in a while" indulgence!

Have a great day!

Which sums up perfectly Starbucks non-commitment to actual coffee. I think they've taken over from the old soda fountains - where creamy, ice confectionary stuff with cookie crumbs, colours, syrups, fruit and nuts etc were the thing.

chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Before Sunset;796606 wrote: Don't feel bad. You're saving tons of money. I wish I'd never started the whole Starbucks thing sometimes. Once I started there was no going back though.

Oh I don't feel bad, really more curious as to why I seem to be the only one that doesn't like it, especially the smell. Though you are right it does save me money, but then I have never been one to spend much anyway.
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well most of my friends love the stuff, so I have to spend the time standing outside whilst they are sitting in the warmth hehe. :D

As for the taste growing on you, I'm sure it can happen, though as you say as for why I couldn't begin to guess. Perhaps something that just changes over time, like other foods or drinks I assume.
Furry Samaritan

Starbucks

qsducks;787797 wrote: Dunkin Donuts has the best cawfee. And the donuts aren't bad either.

I love Dunkin Donuts. Unfortunately, the corporate head here in Arizona decided to remodel ALL of the Dunkin Donuts stores at the same time - which means, if you live anywhere in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area, you'll be doing without Dunkin Donuts from beginning of March to end of June (same year, at least).

I'll lose SOME weight going without my Dunkin Donut fix for a few months!

Furry Samaritan

Starbucks

beautyful;780462 wrote: I've had like 6 coffees today...no more :(

6 Coffees? Heavens! They must have had to scrape you off the ceiling with a SPATULA after that! :wah:
The Rob

Starbucks

Post by The Rob »

I used to love a mocha about three times a week if not more. Then budgetary concerns and a tanked metabolism due to having quit smoking convinced me to cut back to a once-in-a-while treat. We compensate with a swoon-worthy espresso roast at home. :D

I've always had nothing but good and friendly service from the employees but with Starbucks, brand recognition outweighs quality. I'll always offer my patronage to other shops first. I'll gladly re-introduce myself to Starbucks once they ditch the trinkets and the scorched-earth expansion policy.
elixer

Starbucks

Post by elixer »

Furry Samaritan;805313 wrote: I love Dunkin Donuts. Unfortunately, the corporate head here in Arizona decided to remodel ALL of the Dunkin Donuts stores at the same time - which means, if you live anywhere in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area, you'll be doing without Dunkin Donuts from beginning of March to end of June (same year, at least).

I'll lose SOME weight going without my Dunkin Donut fix for a few months!

Their coffee is pretty good. Their new commericals tick me off, though. You know the ones with the singing-contorted-faced-angry-coffee-drinkers? They smack of arrogance. I could even prepare an argument that they're racist. Time for a tivo!
observer1

Starbucks

Post by observer1 »

I'm not a huge coffee drinker... try to keep my caffeine intake to a minimum. But we have a Starbucks at the outlets near my house & my friends & I go there when they come visiting. Love their mocha latte!! :p
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

I am going to make it my goal to find someone else that doesn't like coffee. So if you are that person out there, than please let me know, so I don't feel like the only nutter who doesn't! :wah: :sneaky: :D
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

chrisb84uk;837014 wrote: I am going to make it my goal to find someone else that doesn't like coffee. So if you are that person out there, than please let me know, so I don't feel like the only nutter who doesn't! :wah: :sneaky: :DYou are just so... different. weird is more like it!!!
Smoke signals ftw!
jones jones

Starbucks

Post by jones jones »

chrisb84uk;837014 wrote: I am going to make it my goal to find someone else that doesn't like coffee. So if you are that person out there, than please let me know, so I don't feel like the only nutter who doesn't! :wah: :sneaky: :D

hey chris ... i'm not a great coffee drinker ... usually about five cups a day ....

is that a high medium or low intake?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Omni_Skittles;837454 wrote: You are just so... different. weird is more like it!!!

Thanks Skittles you are just soooo kind!! :rolleyes: :D
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

jones jones;838414 wrote: hey chris ... i'm not a great coffee drinker ... usually about five cups a day ....

is that a high medium or low intake?

Hahaha well in my world that's High, but I'm sure for many that 5 is nothing a day! :wah:
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

chrisb84uk;838957 wrote: Thanks Skittles you are just soooo kind!! :rolleyes: :Daww now i feel bad.
Smoke signals ftw!
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Omni_Skittles;838986 wrote: aww now i feel bad.

Really? :sneaky:
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

chrisb84uk;839001 wrote: Really? :sneaky:Yes. I'm usually a nice person. so i feel bad when people say that!
Smoke signals ftw!
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hey I'm sorry, I only said that as joke didn't mean to upset you. I hope you know that at least from my side, anything I say that looks offense or just wierd, is only meant as a bit of fun or stupidity from me, don't want to annoy you, because I like to think we are friends - even though you keep taking TLW hehehe, but still!! :-6
Omni_Skittles

Starbucks

Post by Omni_Skittles »

chrisb84uk;839014 wrote: Hey I'm sorry, I only said that as joke didn't mean to upset you. I hope you know that at least from my side, anything I say that looks offense or just wierd, is only meant as a bit of fun or stupidity from me, don't want to annoy you, because I like to think we are friends - even though you keep taking TLW hehehe, but still!! :-6
lol i love guilt tricks... or is it trips... hmmm idk:D
Smoke signals ftw!
chrisb84uk

Starbucks

Post by chrisb84uk »

Omni_Skittles;839016 wrote: lol i love guilt tricks... or is it trips... hmmm idk:D

Ah hahaha how I enjoy our random chats!! :wah: :p

Return to “The Coffee Shop”