Waterloo

Bothwell

Waterloo

Post by Bothwell »

Not only do we celebrate 200th anniversary of Trafalgar this year tomorrow is the 180th anniversary of the battle of Waterloo when the venerable Duke of Wellington routed Napoleon's armies, I really must stop this but the currents EU negotiations have me in a military sort of vein.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
babygirl

Waterloo

Post by babygirl »

Bothwell wrote: Not only do we celebrate 200th anniversary of Trafalgar this year tomorrow is the 180th anniversary of the battle of Waterloo when the venerable Duke of Wellington routed Napoleon's armies, I really must stop this but the currents EU negotiations have me in a military sort of vein.

Wow Bothwell has it been that long thanks for the info :)
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

gmc

Waterloo

Post by gmc »

Too bad the last of the Scottish regiments that was at Waterloo and currently in Iraq have now been disbanded
Bothwell

Waterloo

Post by Bothwell »

It's not only them GMC, and it's an outrage. This insignificant little island has few things left, military heritage is one of them and now His Tonyness is busy dismantling it.
gmc

Waterloo

Post by gmc »

posted by Bothwell

It's not only them GMC, and it's an outrage. This insignificant little island has few things left, military heritage is one of them and now His Tonyness is busy dismantling it.

So you're not a thatcherite then?:yh_rotfl
Bothwell

Waterloo

Post by Bothwell »

So you're not a thatcherite then?

What that wooly hearted liberal woman :D

I am not actually an "ite" anything really, I just think that this should have been thought out more. In addition to the amalgamation of regiments (and we are losing the "Glorious Glosters") the cutbacks are going to see our armed forces stretched to the limit.

On the other hand if you talk to my father who was in the Glosters in Korea he is slightly to the right of Attila the hun on this

Return to “History”