99% of Sun newspaper readers are in favour of bringing back the Death penalty.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Like Hanging in the UK.

Truthfully i just can't ever see it happening although if given the vote i would most certainly vote yes for Cop Killers, Nonce's, Rapists and Murderers

Sooooo, what say you ??????
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I would in general be against the death penalty, though I can well understand why people would want it as there have been many high profile and horrific murders by criminals and just general scumbags (for want of a better word) in recent times. So although I don't agree with you I can see where you are coming from.

Though hanging for being a "nonce" is a bit harsh I would have to say? :thinking:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
spot

Post by spot »

I'd get the police to investigate and find out who bought copies of the Sun any time over the last ten years. Then I'd have everyone they turned up hanged. That'd fix this country and get rid of 99% of the wretched police at the same time. Vote for spot and clean up England.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

you want me dead Spot:-1:-1:-1
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

spot;783460 wrote: I'd get the police to investigate and find out who bought copies of the Sun any time over the last ten years. Then I'd have everyone they turned up hanged. That'd fix this country and get rid of 99% of the wretched police at the same time. Vote for spot and clean up England.

So Pants wants everyone who is a nonce hanged, while you want tabloid newspaper readers hanged, good lord its getting rough across the water. :wah:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
wardah

Post by wardah »

spot;783460 wrote: I'd get the police to investigate and find out who bought copies of the Sun any time over the last ten years. Then I'd have everyone they turned up hanged. .

I bet if you thought about it, you'd be be able to come up with at least one person in your family (albeit extended family) that reads the Sun... :sneaky:
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Galbally;783451 wrote: I would in general be against the death penalty, though I can well understand why people would want it as there have been many high profile and horrific murders by criminals and just general scumbags (for want of a better word) in recent times. So although I don't agree with you I can see where you are coming from.

Though hanging for being a "nonce" is a bit harsh I would have to say? :thinking:

Yes 100%. I would put Peadophiles right at the top of that list . Imo you can't rehabilitate a nonce, put them in prison and let them fantasize about the crimes they've committed ....no a childs life is way more important than a nonce ..hang em shoot em i don't care .....a childs life is precious the only place for a nonce is in the ground, dead.

abbey

Post by abbey »

wardah;783526 wrote: I bet if you thought about it, you'd be be able to come up with at least one person in your family (albeit extended family) that reads the Sun... :sneaky::wah:

I suppose it's one way of getting rid of the dratted in laws buying them a years subscription of the Sun.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I find it hard to believe that only 1% of Sun readers voted no, I at least thought it would be a lot closer than this. Personally I can never see it happening, at least not for many, many years. I agree that the sods (that seem to be in the news nearly everyday now,) deserve strict penalties for what they have done, and certainly no chance of EVER getting out, but not death, but I can see why people are for it.
spot

Post by spot »

wardah;783526 wrote: I bet if you thought about it, you'd be be able to come up with at least one person in your family (albeit extended family) that reads the Sun... :sneaky:

I have made enquiries and subsequently apologised to the TWO people in my extended family who have sinned in that rather surprising fashion. I have also written out twenty times "I must not attempt humour on the Internet because I have always turned out to be very very bad at it".

The Sun is, these days, no worse than the Times.

The preceding sentence was a reflection on the Times.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

spot;783821 wrote: I have made enquiries and subsequently apologised to the TWO people in my extended family who have sinned in that rather surprising fashion. I have also written out twenty times "I must not attempt humour on the Internet because I have always turned out to be very very bad at it".

The Sun is, these days, no worse than the Times.

The preceding sentence was a reflection on the Times.

I did wonder whether u were joking lol:D:D
spot

Post by spot »

Chezzie;783838 wrote: I did wonder whether u were joking lol:D:D

Pah.

I bet you didn't try my curry recipe then.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

as i have lost a brother to a vicious attack

i say bring back the death sentance
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

spot;783866 wrote: Pah.

I bet you didn't try my curry recipe then.

not yet but im going to but in alot smaller quantities...will let you know how i get on.:-6
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

The price of the death penalty is that sooner or later the innocent will be killed under it, whether as a result of human error or human malice or some combination of both. No system is perfect, but at least under our "no death penalty" system we don't kill innocent people. I'd like to keep it that way.

That 99% of Sun "readers" are in favour of it tells you more about Sun viewers than the issue in question.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
spot

Post by spot »

spot hands Clodhopper a nearly-full bag of jelly babies as a reward for the most sensible first post from a newbie in weeks
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

spot: Why thank you! Any jelly babies snuck in there? Allows me to satisfy my sadistic impulses as well as my sweet tooth. :D

spot

Post by spot »

Just don't let any Sun paparazzi see you doing it, that's all.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Durrr. It was jelly babies. Why did I read "jelly beans"? No doubt some weird perverted psychological wibble.

gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;784237 wrote: spot hands Clodhopper a nearly-full bag of jelly babies as a reward for the most sensible first post from a newbie in weeks

Jelly babies?:thinking: is spot really doctor who in disguise? His name backwards is tops, is this significant?

I suppose the other 1% just get the sun for the picture on page three and can't read.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;783582 wrote:

Yes 100%. I would put Peadophiles right at the top of that list . Imo you can't rehabilitate a nonce, put them in prison and let them fantasize about the crimes they've committed ....no a childs life is way more important than a nonce ..hang em shoot em i don't care .....a childs life is precious the only place for a nonce is in the ground, dead.

Oh so a "nonce" is a paedophile? I thought a nonce was an ordinary moron, like Trigger in "only fools and horses", so thats why I was thinking it was a bit harsh to hang someone for being an idiot, then again, maybe its the way to go, it would certainly bring up the A-level averages. :thinking:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
spot

Post by spot »

If you were a ponce you'd be camp or effeminate, though I suspect the older uses of the word differ to some extent. And your nancyboy, or nance, is a bit iffy too but he goes for the older crowd. I'm not sure there really is a word that pants is fishing for, I'm puzzled.

Unless she wants to hang everyone with a tendency toward homosexual outlets, plain and simple? That wouldn't surprise me.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

spot;784419 wrote: If you were a ponce you'd be camp or effeminate, though I suspect the older uses of the word differ to some extent. And your nancyboy, or nance, is a bit iffy too but he goes for the older crowd. I'm not sure there really is a word that pants is fishing for, I'm puzzled.

Unless she wants to hang everyone with a tendency toward homosexual outlets, plain and simple? That wouldn't surprise me.

Oh so a nonce is a homosexual man? I have obvisouly been living a completely a sheltered life here on me Island. Are there really people who want to hang all the gay men in England, I mean I know Graham Norton can be a bit of an eegit, but you shouldn't blame everyone for that. :wah:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Nonce first came into widespread use in UK prisons, where it is primarily used by prisoners to refer to convicted sex offenders, especially of children. "Nonces" are traditionally targets of physical abuse from their prison inmates, and so usually go on Rule 45, the rule that enables the segregation of vulnerable prisoners from the other prisoners for their own safety. The Rule 45

Sections of British prisons in which sex offenders are segregated is often referred to as the "nonce wing".

For a start, the headline is misleading, 99% of sun readers who rang in.. i.e. felt strongly enough about the subject, are in favour of hanging and only 95,000 rang in out of a near 8million readership. so basically 1.3% of sun readers rang in and said they were in favour of hanging.

Little disappointed that people still seem to judge others for what paper they read etc...Does it matter, they are all crap!:-6
pantsonfire321@aol.com

spot;784419 wrote: If you were a ponce you'd be camp or effeminate, though I suspect the older uses of the word differ to some extent. And your nancyboy, or nance, is a bit iffy too but he goes for the older crowd. I'm not sure there really is a word that pants is fishing for, I'm puzzled.

And that is one of the reasons why Spot should not be a Moderater here .

Care to make your nasty remarks to my sister who by the way is very much Gay .

spot

Post by spot »

Chezzie;784659 wrote: Sections of British prisons in which sex offenders are segregated is often referred to as the "nonce wing".

You're quite right though I'd never seen it used that way before. First seen in 1971 as British Criminals' slang. Originally it meant for a specific purpose, deliberately, then for a specific instance, for this once, for the time being. A nonce-word is one that was used with a specific meaning only once which makes it obscure.

The sexual deviant meaning is a corruption of nancy according to the 1984 Police Review quoted in the OED: "Nonce, prison term for a child molester. The very bottom of the prison pecking order, the ‘nonce’ is usually segregated from ordinary prisoners at all times for his own protection. Originally derived from ‘nancy-boy’".
spot

Post by spot »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;784719 wrote: Care to make your nasty remarks to my sister who by the way is very much GayIf you're capable of hanging anyone at all you might as well hang the deviants too. There's enough people in the country who regard lesbians as deviant for her to end up short-listed.

The safe answer is not to get started on this slippery slope of killing people you despise.

I'll stick to just making my nasty remarks to you, how's that? In a non-moderating sort of way, simply because you get up my nose so much.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

spot;784737 wrote: If you're capable of hanging anyone at all you might as well hang the deviants too. There's enough people in the country who regard lesbians as deviant for her to end up short-listed.

The safe answer is not to get started on this slippery slope of killing people you despise.

I'll stick to just making my nasty remarks to you, how's that? In a non-moderating sort of way, simply because you get up my nose so much.

Post reported :D

spot

Post by spot »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;784739 wrote: Post reported :DBoring, Abbeypants. You've done too much to too many people too nastily to ever be taken seriously on this site. I can't imagine I'm suddenly going to start liking you after all I've watched you do. Fortunately it has no effect on the way I moderate around you.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

spot;784742 wrote: Boring, Abbeypants. You've done too much to too many people too nastily to ever be taken seriously on this site. I can't imagine I'm suddenly going to start liking you after all I've watched you do. Fortunately it has no effect on the way I moderate around you.

Baiting, is that the best you can do ...boy it must be quite around here .

Third post reported . :D

Return to “General Chit Chat”